1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - TV - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

These are gonna sell well in the states. I have no doubts about it. I'm sure these will do just the right amount in Asia, enough for HT to feel confident in pursuing other TV properties.

This is gonna be a wake up call to them.

Hopefully it will do well in Europe, too. Then maybe, just maybe, it will show HT that there is life beyond Asia, and they'll start taking a broader view of their market. But that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - TV - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

Hopefully it will do well in Europe, too. Then maybe, just maybe, it will show HT that there is life beyond Asia, and they'll start taking a broader view of their market. But that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Honestly, i don't think you should be concerned and brush it off as wishful thinking. Releases such as burtons batman, robocop, west batman, godfather were ONLY geared to English speaking countries. I refuse to believe for ONE second that HT even considered Asia AT ALL. Like they weren't even on their mind when it came to sales projections, simply because they came from a different era. Maybe 2 out of 100 people today would MAYBE recognize the aforementioned figures...and that's being generous haha. The point I'm trying to make is: I truly believe DD figures will do well everywhere...INCLUDING Asia.

Today's scene allow us "wishful thinkers" to be a little more optimistic. This TV line will net much better results because of China's relaxed stance on foreign media...however...I don't know for how much longer considering that I read an article recently that they are going to ban a lot of what we like I.e. Fantastical TV shows from being viewed within their country. It's...it's a big mess. But fans will find a way to watch what they wanna watch.

My opinion, it's gonna get better for TV properties on all ends of the planet.

Edit-sorry, I read your post again...ugh I'm sleepy as hell and may have confused the whole point of your reply.

Last edited:

Looking forward to seeing some images of the figures! Hopefully see something soon! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished reading alias. It made me want a Jessica jones figure now

I'm hopping Hot Toys go all out for the Netfilx Marvel shows, would love a Killgrave and Kingpin. Desperately need more villains. For Daredevil I hope it's the costume from the latter half of season two as I love that helmet/mask the best, the eyes on that one make him a lot more DD. Anyone else being optimistic and hopping for a Stick figure?

This changes me ordering the SS Punisher and custom Daredevil figures out there. I've been hoping for this and now its a reality. I just hope that they are announced after I return from my vacation, haha

They should do Punisher first. Just like they did with Vader.

I'm thinking I might pass on these guys and wait to see if they appear in Infinity War (since we'll know one way or another probably within the year) and then if so get those versions.

I'm thinking I might pass on these guys and wait to see if they appear in Infinity War (since we'll know one way or another probably within the year) and then if so get those versions.

:exactly: :exactly:

While i'm not expecting them in IW I can see Marvel taking advantage of their popularity that Netflix has brought upon these characters.

Infinity War will be busy as it is, imagine if they bring all the Netflix lot in too... Not likely, I don't think.

These are both instant buys for me, don't feel at all inclined to wait for a better version.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I dunno, they said there would be around 60 characters in Infinity War. Charlie Cox said his contract includes movies if they ask him to appear in one. I'd say it has a decent chance of happening.

But yeah, no way am I waiting. Folks need to buy these releases so HT won't be afraid to venture into new licenses and lines.

Infinity War will be busy as it is, imagine if they bring all the Netflix lot in too... Not likely, I don't think.

These are both instant buys for me, don't feel at all inclined to wait for a better version.

Yep, I think I am definitely going to get these two. I'll probably buy Deadpool and display him with them.

Not sure I'll get anything from CW... maybe Spidey but I think I want to see his costume from his solo flick first.

60?! Blimey. That should be quite the juggling act.

Yeah definitely, I think these two are a calculated risk, should they not sell well we may not get anything similar in the future.

I hope these sell well enough where we get a Jessica Jones and Elektra.

Kingpin, Luke Cage and Kilgrave first.

I think Jessica should be the next. She had her own series and I enjoyed it equally, if not more, than Daredevil.

Can't say I'd buy a Luke Cage or Kingpin at this point. I'll have to see Luke's solo series to see if I like him enough. Kilgrave and Elektra would be tempting.

I would think that JJ is next, should they continue with the Netflix characters, with Elektra not far behind. After that maybe Kingpin and Kilgrave, though I don't think that will be in the near future.

Until they announce a license for the other Netflix shows, I'd count on Kingpin or Elektra being next.

Back