1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the height issue and the oversized head. A bigger and taller body would fix that.

I’m DYING for a damn body swap. I want to know how you anxiety got the suit off. I just can’t figure out for the life of me how this thing could possibly come off.

Yea idk how TA got the suit off. I tried getting it off and ended up breaking the body. So at that point I unstitched a side seam up to the arm pit and even then it was still hard to get the suit off. But switching him to a HT Deadpool body really made a difference.

Last edited:
Yea idk got TA got the suit off. I tried getting off and ended up breaking he body. So at that point I unstitched a side seam up to the arm pit and even then it was still hard to get the suit off. But switching him to a HT Deadpool body really made a difference.

You have pics of the swap?

You have pics of the swap?

This is an old pic of when I just got it done with my custom S1 cracked helmet and repainted mouthpiece. I have a better pic on my PC I can post later.

attachment.php

Yea idk how TA got the suit off. I tried getting it off and ended up breaking the body. So at that point I unstitched a side seam up to the arm pit and even then it was still hard to get the suit off. But switching him to a HT Deadpool body really made a difference.

I wonder what other bodies would work well. Even the standard narrow shoulder body (available everywhere) looks like it's got more of a v-shape than the stock DD bod.
For anyone else looking try a body swap, I'd think you could wrap a new body's forearms in black tape and then it wouldn't matter what color the rest of the body was.

Gipetto, did you ditch that cloth undershirt / Long Sleeve Leotard thing?

Gipetto, did you ditch that cloth undershirt / Long Sleeve Leotard thing?
yup, no need for unnecessary padding with the bulkier body. The pants also sling over the shoulders so I cut the material over the shoulders and replaced it with elastic in order to give a bit more leg articulation.
it's worth it to ruin the original, there's really no comparison to the upgrade. Did you end up gluing the side seam back together, is the end result ok?

No I just sewed it back up just like it was before. I did have to re-glue the strap that goes over the oblique though.

yup, no need for unnecessary padding with the bulkier body. The pants also sling over the shoulders so I cut the material over the shoulders and replaced it with elastic in order to give a bit more leg articulation.

No I just sewed it back up just like it was before. I did have to re-glue the strap that goes over the oblique though.

Go back in time and tell HT to use the DP body for DD :lecture :lol

I can't find a pic of the ht deadpool body online. Anybody have one so we could see the proportions?

I may try a swap but I'm not sure what body to use. Nothing I have looks like it will quite work.

I think it mostly just needs wider shoulders. (And the neck lengthened, but won't be too hard I think)

I can't find a pic of the ht deadpool body online. Anybody have one so we could see the proportions?

I may try a swap but I'm not sure what body to use. Nothing I have looks like it will quite work.

I think it mostly just needs wider shoulders. (And the neck lengthened, but won't be too hard I think)

Here's a pic of it (not mine):

Wy3OPCm.jpg

Thanks! Love this community.

I have an Easy & Simple body with those proportions but it has these weird shoulder blade things that stick out unacceptably when the arm is out to the side.

I'll find something.

Hey guys -- so I'm new to this whole "destroy the body to get your replacement" thing that Sideshow has, but I just got requested to do that with my Daredevil due to a piece of dried glue on his outfit. I received the directive through the eBay seller I bought it from, so I'm not in direct contact with SS. I just emailed the eBay seller back for more clarity, but just in case I figured I'd ask you guys too. :dunno

So is the likely scenario they want me to destroy the outfit and then they will send a new outfit and I will somehow need to figure out how to put it on the old body myself? Or will they send a new body with suit already on it?

Thanks!

Hey guys -- so I'm new to this whole "destroy the body to get your replacement" thing that Sideshow has, but I just got requested to do that with my Daredevil due to a piece of dried glue on his outfit. I received the directive through the eBay seller I bought it from, so I'm not in direct contact with SS. I just emailed the eBay seller back for more clarity, but just in case I figured I'd ask you guys too. :dunno

So is the likely scenario they want me to destroy the outfit and then they will send a new outfit and I will somehow need to figure out how to put it on the old body myself? Or will they send a new body with suit already on it?

Thanks!

No they wouldn’t send just an outfit. Would be the whole figure minus the accessories. I’ve also never heard of an eBay seller doing that. I’d be skeptical. Only thing that makes sense is if he bought through Sideshow and requested them to send it to him. Odd. I’d be wary though.

No they wouldn’t send just an outfit. Would be the whole figure minus the accessories. I’ve also never heard of an eBay seller doing that. I’d be skeptical. Only thing that makes sense is if he bought through Sideshow and requested them to send it to him. Odd. I’d be wary though.

Well this seller is an authorized SS seller and he sent me a screenshot of SS's response (although it was only the message portion and lacked any type of official heading or anything that would indicate it was actually sent from SS) requesting me to destroy the body.

Back