1/6 Hot Toys- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Jet Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel the same way. I know it wasn't the most popular movie, but given it's the end of the Saga we should still be getting more than just Rey, Kylo and a few random troopers.

End, for now anyway. Never say never.

That said, there was no way this movie was going to get anything beyond the bare minimum number of figures based on the lack of interest in Star Wars in their domestic (Chinese) market.

TROS made $20 million in China vs $66 million in Japan which has a fraction of the population. For comparison, Infinity War made over $300 million and Endgame over $600 million in China.

Why make something that might not sell when they can just put out Marvel figures snd Cosbabies and print money.

Last edited:
Tank trooper style yes, but those mandibles ruin it for me.

Yep, agreed.

I think it was a Disney demand that they ruin any possibly good designs with at least one striking and childish flaw. This is why RO and some of Solo are so amazing.

I do agree though there will be a generation, albeit small, that loves these movies and will one day collect this stuff... and it will be so sparse it will likely demand crazy money. But that group will be nothing like the massive generation that collects the OT.

[emoji38]
02c988813ad65a63f39ce42ac55620b2.jpg
2e452ddcefb4478f72e3d2929e62e246.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You are posting the price of a used figure. The other one is 210 us dollars. I guess those are plus shipping. You are not proving the dishonest point. Anyway hot toys knows how to make their money and you don't.

You are posting the price of a used figure. The other one is 210 us dollars. I guess those are plus shipping. You are not proving the dishonest point. Anyway hot toys knows how to make their money and you don't.
[emoji42]
0693cbd72ac9185b778cc87fefb1e7f2.gif

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I really wonder if HT are losing a lot of money with these ST figures.
They certainly can't be cheap to make, and with slow sales and small batches... I mean, fine, retailers got stuck with all the TFA troopers (among others, I suppose), but after that debacle I'm sure retailers seriously cut back on pre-orders for ST figures, which in turns means smaller production numbers, which in turn means higher production costs per unit.

I really wonder if HT are losing a lot of money with these ST figures.
They certainly can't be cheap to make, and with slow sales and small batches... I mean, fine, retailers got stuck with all the TFA troopers (among others, I suppose), but after that debacle I'm sure retailers seriously cut back on pre-orders for ST figures, which in turns means smaller production numbers, which in turn means higher production costs per unit.

They just spread the cost around. Add $5 (or whatever) to all the other figures and they helps make up for any losses from less popular ones.

Here's a prediction, Sideshow will have a $25 discount code and free global shipping on this by Christmas.

It's cool that I can own this figure but not a Poe.

:rotfl

I'll hand it to the ST ... I think they did some great work on the costumes for Resistance pilots and bomber crews. The rest of it was pretty forgettable for me but I think they killed it with those.

It's cool that I can own this figure but not a Poe.

Don't know if it's cool or irrational. Especially when they had quite a good prototype ready to go.

Hell, I'd take a helmeted version at this point.

However that said, if they don't ever do him it makes selling the few ST figures I have way easier.

Back