1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cool! Great job!
Also, What is that Yoda with Darth Maul tattoos?! Ive never heard of such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah putting that helmet on is a nightmare. The cape has magnets and yes just drapes over his shoulder

Yeah, there?s three magnets: one on the back and one on each shoulder. It works really nice, you can get it draped over the shoulders or have it just on the back for that look where it?s just barely on the shoulders.
3f5abb4e8fe20e630a73656bfc026620.jpg

1ea4ef15ab1eb6c5b24a08b83a822dfd.jpg

Wow, fantastic work! What did you use to etch in the lines?

Agreed, that looks great. I?d also love to know what you did, I just bought an extra helmet to do the same thing.

Beautiful work on the helmet. That's a great job.
And also on the Sith Yoda.
I did one of those in 98, before TPM came out, but mine was just a sculpture, not a repaint of a figure(And at the time, i assumed that Darth Maul's red colouring was his actual skin colour, so anyone else with Sith Tattoos would use their natural skin tones underneath).
Sorry for the combined nature of these images. They are scans of the original images as i don't have the sculptures anymore.

SithyodaheadsandJedimasterBo-bonAld.jpg

WattoandSithyoda.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me just how difficult it is to put the helmeted sculpt on this figure? From reviews I've seen, I know that the bunching down of his collar area is a noticeable issue but is there anyway to futz it out so it looks OK? Some of the pics I see on here with his helmet on I can barely tell but I'm not sure if that's because his cloak is over it.
Also, if the bunching down of his collar is in fact inevitable, will it damages the cloth over time? Thanks for any insight!

This has easily been the most frustrating Hot Toys figure I’ve ever owned, insanely difficult to get the neck peg in, then the helmet pops off and sits loose on the head and I can’t do anything pose-wise with his arms (like a raised force hand pose) without the cape just falling off. It’s only staying on if I leave it completely draped with his arms at his side

Last edited:
This has easily been the most frustrating Hot Toys figure I’ve ever owned, insanely difficult to get the neck peg in, then the helmet pops off and sits loose on the head and I can’t do anything pose-wise with his arms (like a raised force hand pose) without the cape just falling off. It’s only staying on if I leave it completely draped with his arms at his side

Oh god this terrifies me. I get mine tomorrow and while I love the Kylo Ren character, I am so picky when it comes to my purchases. The helmet thing I'm aware and ready for, but the issue with the cape is new to me. I wonder if the magnets on your figure are worn down? I hate getting a "Waitlisted" item from SSC because I feel like they are all the returns from other buyers.

Well that’s just my experience with him so far, there seem to be more positive reviews than negative. I bought mine before he was waitlisted so if they gave me some used figure under the guise of being new I’ll be pissed.

Well that’s just my experience with him so far, there seem to be more positive reviews than negative. I bought mine before he was waitlisted so if they gave me some used figure under the guise of being new I’ll be pissed.

I'm not positive if that is the deal with SSC's waitlisted items but I'm sure some of them are returns. Hoping mine isn't. As far as your figures cloak is concerned, are you even able to do a force push motion with his arm with the cloak on, like in the promo pics?

I received mine from Sideshow a couple of days ago. Happy with it to be honest. Neat figure in hand.

dd194b50c85126afe920b32b300ba95e.jpg

I'm not positive if that is the deal with SSC's waitlisted items but I'm sure some of them are returns. Hoping mine isn't. As far as your figures cloak is concerned, are you even able to do a force push motion with his arm with the cloak on, like in the promo pics?

I am not. Maybe the magnets in mine are weaker than some others? it stays on just fine when the arms are by his sides but when I raise his arms it seems to push the cloak up on that shoulder disconnecting the magnetization. I can get away with it in the other arm as I want his arm lower anyways but I did want a pose with that Force hand out in front, looks like I'm gonna need to rethink it.

Be careful of the paint on the tip of the nose rubbing off. I have no idea how the paint on nose of my Kylo?s unmasked face came off because I almost never handle it. It was a big noticeable dot on the tip. I have several figures in my collection that I?ve handled more, but never had this issue. Good thing I have somewhat decent painting skills so I was able to retouch it without the patchwork being too noticeable. Lord, having something happen to these figs is so stressful!

Do you guys think Sideshow would replace my fig's pants and belt? Just got him and he came out of the package like this. I have the worst luck with these figures :(

Attachments

• Pants.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Belt.jpg
    Belt.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 232
Do you guys think Sideshow would replace my fig's pants and belt? Just got him and he came out of the package like this. I have the worst luck with these figures :(

I hope so. Those are clearly manufacturers flaws.

Had these guys for a while, but just getting around to the shoot.

5805CD11CF214F58BD6A.jpeg

Unfortunately, the app I?ve been using lately to add the effects fairly quickly takes the image quality down considerably. Here?s the shot right out of the camera.

6AE21B8EB2D74C1F86C9.jpeg

Back