1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it's going for twice as much, huh? Then you made a wise choice! It's not often when you can do that--buy a figure and immediately flip it for twice the price.

One sold for ?345 GBP last month, I got him for ?159 all in thanks to Sideshow Con reward points.

Nice going!

Incidentally, I wasn't aware you could apply points to a wait list item. Did you contact them to ask, after they told you your waitlist had converted?

Yeah so even if I end up regretting my purchase, there's not much to regret :lol

I was just able to apply them at checkout, with no issues :dunno

So I got him today, instantly the pommel from his lightsaber and the piece that connects to the belt just came right off... Anyone else had this issue? Hoping Sideshow can replace the lightsaber but I'm doubtful due to it's age.

So Sideshow are unable to provide a replacement lightsaber accessory, I've checked Toy Anxiety but they want $16 shipping for one which is just ridiculous to me. I've checked eBay with no luck so is there anywhere else I may be able to find one?

So Sideshow are unable to provide a replacement lightsaber accessory, I've checked Toy Anxiety but they want $16 shipping for one which is just ridiculous to me. I've checked eBay with no luck so is there anywhere else I may be able to find one?

Do you still have all the pieces? Any chance you could glue it back together?

The piece that connects to the belt appears to be lost to oblivion :dunno

Sorry to hear that. You may need to pony up the cash then.

There's always the longshot to maybe contact HT directly. I did that a couple of times many years ago. The first time was maybe 10 or 11 years ago and, it took them a while, but they replaced a broken wrist piece. The second time was with my HT Indy that was missing one of the pistols. They gave me a lot of grief for not going through the retailer, but eventually they sent me the pistol. It might not be possible now though.

Does anyone have a pic showing where the magnets should go on the inside of the tunic? I’ve had 2 Kylos and both have needed some adjustment/reattaching needed as the bits of sticky fabric they use to keep the magnets in place have very little grip.

Trying to understand the appeal of Kylo figures…after TFA he was my favorite character, after TLJ and TROS I had to sell my TFA and TLJ figures because I felt a little embarrassed having him on my shelf.
It felt like having a Ken doll or a figure of the main vampire from Twilight or the guy from Fifty Shades of Gray.
Does this character have any appeal anymore beyond young lady fans who have a crush on the actor who plays him and fantasize about fixing a mean guy on the outside who deep down has a heart of gold that can only be brought to the surface by the love of an understanding woman? Or something to that effect.
I think I represent the average user of this site…a male film, comic book, action figure, and pop culture fan with a wife and young kids and in my mid forties…and I feel like this character was not meant to sell toys to me.
Not trying to knock anyone’s favorite character, just genuinely curious as to how figures of this character can appeal to folks who usually reserve shelf space for Vader, Boba Fett, and Stormtroopers.

Trying to understand the appeal of Kylo figures…after TFA he was my favorite character, after TLJ and TROS I had to sell my TFA and TLJ figures because I felt a little embarrassed having him on my shelf.
It felt like having a Ken doll or a figure of the main vampire from Twilight or the guy from Fifty Shades of Gray.
Does this character have any appeal anymore beyond young lady fans who have a crush on the actor who plays him and fantasize about fixing a mean guy on the outside who deep down has a heart of gold that can only be brought to the surface by the love of an understanding woman? Or something to that effect.
I think I represent the average user of this site…a male film, comic book, action figure, and pop culture fan with a wife and young kids and in my mid forties…and I feel like this character was not meant to sell toys to me.
Not trying to knock anyone’s favorite character, just genuinely curious as to how figures of this character can appeal to folks who usually reserve shelf space for Vader, Boba Fett, and Stormtroopers.

As it happens, I’m on a FB 1:6 scale buying/selling group where there’s a woman who is obsessed with Kylo (she has at least half a dozen Kylo/Adam Driver figures in various costumes, and several Reys too). 😂

But for me personally, I liked Rey in TFA and the TFA figure is just plain fun. As such, she needs a Kylo figure to go with her, even though I’m rather neutral on both the TFA and TLJ/ROS costume designs.

But seriously, guys. If this were the scene, I’m wondering (not really) what happens next? Feel free to be as graphic as you like! :ROFLMAO:

2C1FC56569214DA9A44A.jpeg

As it happens, I’m on a FB 1:6 scale buying/selling group where there’s a woman who is obsessed with Kylo (she has at least half a dozen Kylo/Adam Driver figures in various costumes, and several Reys too). 😂

But for me personally, I liked Rey in TFA and the TFA figure is just plain fun. As such, she needs a Kylo figure to go with her, even though I’m rather neutral on both the TFA and TLJ/ROS costume designs.
Makes sense. I could not have imagined after Kylo Ren made his first appearance in the TFA trailer and I imagined that we were seeing the heir apparent to Darth Vader in storytelling terms that the primary villain in the new Star Wars trilogy would have been designed purely to pull lonely, literary minded, tween-aged girls into Star Wars…well played Lucasfilm.

Back