1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: K-2SO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the film, my plan is now to display the female heroes accompanied by their corresponding droids...

Leia and R2
Rey and BB8
Jyn and K2S0

cGQZIQTl.jpg

This was the plan, but K2 arrived sooner than expected. Still had a few payments left on K2 when I paid off Jyn.

Just unboxed K2 and agreed, he IS a great figure. Hats off to anyone that would trust displaying him without a stand; I'm finding the ratcheted joints make it difficult to get a good balance and the weight of this thing would result in disaster if he toppled over. A couple missed opportunities...should have had a touch feature to light the eyes (who wants to pull this monster out of a display case to flip a switch?) and a magnet should have been used to mount the small antenna on his back; as is, once installed I think they're there to stay.

Great figure. Nice and heavy. I don't use stands and he stands pretty damn solid for long lanky legs. Weight is nicely distributed top and bottom with diecast lower legs. Ratcheted joints make it a bit difficult to get a nice subtle and characteristic pose... just need to fine tune his ankle and toe joints to achieve stability. Easy for a straight leg static pose (boring) or ultra exaggerated poses. I prefer the more museum/natural or relaxed poses. Also you can slightly adjust the hip articulation down to get rid of those wide Droid birthing hips.
On/off touch activation switch like the SSC droids would have been nice or at least make the removable dome piece magnetic instead of pegged like the Deathtrooper.
Adding a second dome with eyes painted in would have been nice.

Can't wait to receive this figure & Jynn and seeing all these pictures in this thread just gets me more and more excited about it.

I do really like this figure, he looks very impressive. But with so many OT figures on the horizon I need to remain disciplined with my finances. Must resist!!!

I do really like this figure, he looks very impressive. But with so many OT figures on the horizon I need to remain disciplined with my finances. Must resist!!!

I understand the reluctance, and the need to focus.

But if you can get K-2, do it.

While he looked a bit gawky at first with those stile-like legs, there is something very OT about his design. It's not just the Snowtrooper breast plate, but it's as though he recalls something I've seen somewhere before in vintage pre-production sketches.

Great figure. Nice and heavy. I don't use stands and he stands pretty damn solid for long lanky legs. Weight is nicely distributed top and bottom with diecast lower legs. Ratcheted joints make it a bit difficult to get a nice subtle and characteristic pose... just need to fine tune his ankle and toe joints to achieve stability. Easy for a straight leg static pose (boring) or ultra exaggerated poses. I prefer the more museum/natural or relaxed poses. Also you can slightly adjust the hip articulation down to get rid of those wide Droid birthing hips.
On/off touch activation switch like the SSC droids would have been nice or at least make the removable dome piece magnetic instead of pegged like the Deathtrooper.
Adding a second dome with eyes painted in would have been nice.

Maybe I need to futz with it a bit more but I couldn't seem to get him into a stable standing pose because of the ratcheted joints that force the limbs to one position or another with nothing in-between...although my conscience doesn't allow me to display any of my figures without a stand anyway. Great points on the magnetic dome and second dome with painted eyes, both would have been nice and easy to pull off.

Take the side of The Empire and fight the Resistance!

Just got mine yesterday and was pretty blown away, much more than I expected to be. Hes such a heavy solid figure which surprised me since his overall design is very fragile in appearance.

fe4f19c789623b7d3e37fedb377b49d8.jpg

Have mine posed next to the Black Series one signed by Tudyk. He's a great figure! Very pleased with the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2 and Gunners are both in stock at bbts. I received an email confirming they charged me. Waiting for luke and R2 to ship the loot pile.

Back