1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I suggested HT should do online poles from time to time (like you can here on this forum). They could do it with a nondescript anonymous account and simply ask which OT/Rogue One Star Wars figure people want most (from a certain list).

It would be less than worthless for HT to conduct a poll on here.
For every ten people who chime in "I'd buy that in a heartbeat!", the *actual* number of people who would lay their cash on the line would be no more than two.
A friend of mine who runs a similar website did extensive numbers research when he was going to release product. Any number of factors can intrude on the public's spending habits between the initial euphoric desire for the figure(Real world bills/tragic events, other figures being released, a waning regard for the movie in question, a dislike for a final sculpt, etc), and eventual release.
It personally puts me off certain members of this forum who continually ask where they can order without NRD, because they are already acknowledging they will cancel at a moment's notice. There will be others, of course, who weren't around when the poll was conducted who would buy, and yet more who miss out initially and have to buy at Ebay prices later.
I understand these things are expensive. But when you PO a figure and cancel, all you do is hurt the industry. Whatever the company is that got your PO, will be stuck with one more figure, HT will have made one more figure for every cancelled PO, stock will languish in stores, less new product will be considered buy a wholesaler because older product failed to sell, etc.
A company like HT cannot be conducting polls in the consumer base. The poll would be worthless by the time a figure is released.
And for every fan who says "But they would sell out of *Insert Character Here*!", you need to remember that few HT figures sell out these days right away. And most likely it's only the low volume ones that never got a big preorder.
Polls don't work, mainly because of the huge lead time required for product to hit the market, but also due the the extremely fickle nature of fans.

For every ten people who chime in "I'd buy that in a heartbeat!", the *actual* number of people who would lay their cash on the line would be no more than two.
A friend of mine who runs a similar website did extensive numbers research when he was going to release product. Any number of factors can intrude on the public's spending habits between the initial euphoric desire for the figure(Real world bills/tragic events, other figures being released, a waning regard for the movie in question, a dislike for a final sculpt, etc), and eventual release.
It personally puts me off certain members of this forum who continually ask where they can order without NRD, because they are already acknowledging they will cancel at a moment's notice. There will be others, of course, who weren't around when the poll was conducted who would buy, and yet more who miss out initially and have to buy at Ebay prices later.
I understand these things are expensive. But when you PO a figure and cancel, all you do is hurt the industry. Whatever the company is that got your PO, will be stuck with one more figure, HT will have made one more figure for every cancelled PO, stock will languish in stores, less new product will be considered buy a wholesaler because older product failed to sell, etc.
A company like HT cannot be conducting polls in the consumer base. The poll would be worthless by the time a figure is released.
And for every fan who says "But they would sell out of *Insert Character Here*!", you need to remember that few HT figures sell out these days right away. And most likely it's only the low volume ones that never got a big preorder.
Polls don't work, mainly because of the huge lead time required for product to hit the market, but also due the the extremely fickle nature of fans.
What he said!

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I love all 3 Jyn Erso Versions out there, but just got the Standard Version:
a252c7f5a730efd944d6197adb871ff8.jpg

a6acee03d2ecccfc3d59177dcb195124.jpg

and the Imperial Disguise Version:
f9bf99ba0c744e8929dc35f26ee8e3c2.jpg

99b09e60e3e98725ff784eaf8ce442f7.jpg

Yes, this gets really old.

Your probably right about the poll but it would be nice for those of us who would vote and would actually buy the figures when they came out. Plus it would be interesting to see what the poll results were if they were shown(which i'm sure the wouldn't be).

Yes, this gets really old.

Your probably right about the poll but it would be nice for those of us who would vote and would actually buy the figures when they came out. Plus it would be interesting to see what the poll results were if they were shown(which i'm sure the wouldn't be).

Those who make a PO and stick with it are a rare breed these days. Even if i change my mind, i stay with it and sell it on myself.
But you see the posts all the time who ask "Where can i order without a NRD?"

Thanks. This really is a great fig. The only thing I don't like is the limited leg articulation.

Thanks. This really is a great fig. The only thing I don't like is the limited leg articulation.
I hear you.

But I would trade limited articulation for the more realistic body shape.

Civil War Black Widow is just too thin for Scarlett Johansson. She'd look marvelous with this body.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Just received Jyn Deluxe... truly wonderful looking figure... so much gear its a bit overwhelming, in a good way. Look forward to "playing" with this over the weekend.

Came with Deluxe Death Trooper too. Big day!

Last edited:
Back