1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hair is definitely the biggest drawback to the figure. The hair color is too dark and something just seems a little off when I look at the way it's sculpted. But, when I look at the figure, I still see Jyn Erso. It doesn't need to be Felicity Jones exactly, it needs to be Jyn Erso. I'm buying a figure of the character, not the actress. To me, she'll look great in my cabinet with my other Star Wars figures, and that's all that matters to me.

Excellent figure.
1fb295efbeffae6d327f42ad678e72b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Excellent. Cannot wait.

Hey guys this is off topic to Anakin, but I just need to ask. I had a waitlist order that converted, and I won't be at the address it's currently shipping so would you recommend changing it. I know you need to sign, and I might be able to get someone there to do so, but Im not sure if they let you know what day its coming so you give a signature. Also if you miss the day it arrives and can't give a signature that day will they come back or what. If anyone knows please let me know. Ive only bought Hot Toys at Disneyland or other stores so this is my first sideshow.com order.

I wonder if instead of painting the hair completely, maybe just washing or dry brushing a little lighter brownish or red brown mix just to highlight some areas might be the key . At least that's what I might do :lecture

Hey guys this is off topic to Anakin, but I just need to ask. I had a waitlist order that converted, and I won't be at the address it's currently shipping so would you recommend changing it. I know you need to sign, and I might be able to get someone there to do so, but Im not sure if they let you know what day its coming so you give a signature. Also if you miss the day it arrives and can't give a signature that day will they come back or what. If anyone knows please let me know. Ive only bought Hot Toys at Disneyland or other stores so this is my first sideshow.com order.

I don't think you can change the address if it has already shipped, but you might be able to get them to hold the box for you at their facility instead. If you sign up to "UPS My Choice" you can request them hold your package and you can also waive the signature. I would do that as soon as possible--one time I was not able to waive the signature because it said I needed to do that X amount of days (I don't remember how long) before the delivery day.

I wonder if instead of painting the hair completely, maybe just washing or dry brushing a little lighter brownish or red brown mix just to highlight some areas might be the key . At least that's what I might do :lecture
Do share the process and results. We will watch your career with great interest. ;)

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

If you have the UPS app, you can pay $5 to have them ship it to another address.

What type of paint would you use?

Well I posted a couple of pages back the suggestion of use of Tamiya weathering powder. It is easy to apply in small amounts and easy to wash off if it doesn't look any good.

Seems to be a lot of copy catting here. I post some pics of the video reviews,....someone does exactly the same a couple of pages later.

I mention the brown weathering powder idea for the hair....someone mentions it a couple of pages later.

WTF ??

Yeah, I don't think it needs much, just a bit. However I do recall seeing a bit of brown in the hair in one of the reviews. Need to check in in-hand. Or just display hot cap and goggles or shawl :)

What type of paint would you use?

Any water based acrylic paint will work..very cheap at Hobby stores in the states around $2 a bottle or you can you what I like to use from time to time Hobby Color acrylic paints from Japan. These are a expensive depending on the vendor. Usually around $4 to $5 a bottle . But the difference is quality but for a simple dry brush technique as I suggested, I'd be fine using the cheaper acrylic paints for under $2.00.

You can find both types online but if you have a big brand Hobby store nearby something similar to a Michaels in the U.S. , I'd say check these type of stores first and save shipping :wave

Yeah, I don't think it needs much, just a bit. However I do recall seeing a bit of brown in the hair in one of the reviews. Need to check in in-hand. Or just display hot cap and goggles or shawl :)

Reference the actual film on blu ray. Watching in HD made me realize Felicity's Jyn hair was a reddish brown tint so not sure why HT skipped all this and went extremely dark brown :slap

Well I posted a couple of pages back the suggestion of use of Tamiya weathering powder. It is easy to apply in small amounts and easy to wash off if it doesn't look any good.

Seems to be a lot of copy catting here. I post some pics of the video reviews,....someone does exactly the same a couple of pages later.

I mention the brown weathering powder idea for the hair....someone mentions it a couple of pages later.

WTF ??

Well did you want some award or something? Im pretty sure youre not the first person on earth doing what you did...

Does it look like they used the same TT they did for BW and Rey?

Hey buddy, for some reason I'm drawing a blank on what the TT abbreviation is. Lol. It's been a long few days of videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True type hot toys body. Nice Jyn review!

Ah, I gotcha. Lol. It really does seem close if not the exact model that was used. I wish I still had one of those two figures, so I could do a body size and height comparison. But it really does look the same from just eyeballing this figure alone.

And thanks for the support man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reference the actual film on blu ray. Watching in HD made me realize Felicity's Jyn hair was a reddish brown tint so not sure why HT skipped all this and went extremely dark brown :slap
Maybe...

A)they tried to go for the wet hair look, or...

B)they went cheap with the hair sculpt effort.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Back