1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent figure.
1fb295efbeffae6d327f42ad678e72b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This pic looks the best I've seen! Likeness is very good here.

Pleasantly surprised by this figure.

Am so loving this figure ! Thanks for the great review Chris. I agree there are a couple of angles, with a couple of outfits that don't look quite right. But like you mentioned you'll never get 100% at every single angle.

For me this is an excellent figure. Stole a couple of screen shots from your video that I liked. Love the action pose by the way. I think the poncho look is one of the best. But there are a lot of options, which is great for the longer run to change her up a bit from time to time.

Good stuff.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.16.18.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.17.34.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.18.27.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.19.47.jpg

I keep telling you. Its the sculpt of the hair that throws it off. Just need to morph the hairsculpt outwards a little bit...

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I keep telling you. Its the sculpt of the hair that throws it off. Just need to morph the hairsculpt outwards a little bit...

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Yeah you're right Wes. I just watched Dean Knights true light review. He put the scarf between the face cheek and the hair and it certainly helped.

Here are a couple of pics. That pistol shot was certainly the money shot Dean !!

Great let's call it....."pre-review". :)

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.34.13.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.32.27.jpg

I think it's probably the overly dark color of the hair that's hurting it more than the shape.

I'd say both. However on I Am Toys review you could see some brown colour in the hair. Not much but a bit.

Perhaps in hand it won't look so jet black as in some of the photos. Either way, I'm thinking a bit of Tamiya weathering powder may save the day. Easy to add in small amounts, and also easy to remove if it doesn't look any good.

Even the picture on the box shows the hair on the sides further out from the face. Probably just the plastic relaxing after moulding.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 21.53.29.jpg

Looks good to me! From the I Am Toys Youtube review:
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 001.jpg
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 005.jpg

The likeness does come through better in side profile:
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 006.jpg
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 007.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me! From the I Am Toys Youtube review:

View attachment 362543

Based on that pic it looks like they nailed the sculpt however they should have painted her irises bigger as Felicity's are huge and fill her entire eyes from top to bottom. They also should have given her her signature dot opening at the center of her lips. Still a very good sculpt and I'm guessing that it might very well look spot on with repainted eyes.

jyn-erso-star-wars-rogue-one-felicity-jones.jpg

A few more with the Deluxe hat on from the I Am Toys Youtube Review:
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 012.jpg
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 010.jpg
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 011.jpg

And in this one, The reviewer said he gently bent out the bang portion of her hair a little and that it improves the likeness:
Hot Toys Jyn Erso 013.jpg

Am so loving this figure ! Thanks for the great review Chris. I agree there are a couple of angles, with a couple of outfits that don't look quite right. But like you mentioned you'll never get 100% at every single angle.

For me this is an excellent figure. Stole a couple of screen shots from your video that I liked. Love the action pose by the way. I think the poncho look is one of the best. But there are a lot of options, which is great for the longer run to change her up a bit from time to time.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the compliments my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also should have given her her signature dot opening at the center of her lips. Still a very good sculpt and I'm guessing that it might very well look spot on with repainted eyes.

jyn-erso-star-wars-rogue-one-felicity-jones.jpg

I wonder if a very carefully used tool could put that slight crevice on her upper lip without damaging it... a very expensive mistake if done wrong.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Since all the talk of changed sculpts began I've been checking various photos and video captures in celebslike.me, and the best match I was finding was mid-50% Felicity, as opposed to the higher matches from the prototype photos.

Out of interest I just checked your sculpt:

36723534542_69abac72a6_o.png

That's by far the highest match I've found. :)

EDIT: Missed that bolded line. Didn't realize the prototype would have gotten up that high to be honest.

JYN-compare.jpg

Also worth keeping in mind the general limitations of that program. :lol

luke-compare.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone planning on painting her hair a lighter shade of brown?

What type of paint would you use to do that?

Back