1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damnit. she was perfect. this is what scares me about hot toys and the proto vs production. im still getting her but i will always wish the original head was used

I always thought there was a substantial difference between the first headsculpt proto they showed and the disguise version. The final version looks like the disguise version unfortunately.

I haven't had time to read through this whole thread but am surely not the only one to notice this right?
No man, you're not the only one who thinks that. This looks exactly like what happened with A New Hope Luke. The proto head sculpt looked like Felicity but this final product does not. It's the eyes that throw it off...again.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Original proto on the right, disguise left, and final version bottom:

View attachment 361580

I'm not sure why they changed the prototype and went with that disguise version. The width of the face is all wonky now.

Edit:

Actually i think its mainly down to the parting between the eyes/ the bridge of the nose and the eye shape is slightly different.

this is clearly a different sculpt Wor Gar :wave

Geez... its a great FIGURE, but a poor LIKENESS.

I could save a lot of money by cancelling her. I wanted Felicity Jones and I'm not seeing her here. The prototype was right on... a shame.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Damn. I was really looking forward to her since she got announced. Likeness just isn't there for me at all, and almost just as bad is that this sculpt is also the textbook definition of the "lifeless, blank stare, dead eyes" look. I, too, was a much bigger fan of the original head sculpt they showed, and started worrying once it looked like they switched it over to the disguise version in recent showings.

I'm out. Instead of picking up this and possibly K2SO later on, I think I may just sell my Chirrut (who actually does look awesome) and not bother with any RO heroes. Not like there will ever be a Cassian or Krennic anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The hair seems way too dark and lifeless. Makes the figure look more toyetic.

I prefer her Scarif look but I will probably keep her in the Eadu gear as she looks better with the hat.

Dang those pics scared the ****e outta me. But she seems better in the videos somehow. Something so lifeless about the pics, which is remedied in the videos. Headsculpt totally looks off in the pics too, but fine again in the videos. Waiting on a higher quality review..

I'm barely seeing the likeness anymore myself. That's a shame. The accessories look fantastic, with so many display options. I'll hold off from cancelling till I see a little more. Damn, really wanted this to look great, proto was much better.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet with this Jyn. As always, first production pictures and videos can be deceiving. Granted there's always a diffrence between proto and production but we all know it won't ba as noticeable in hand if at all.

My retailer would keep half my deposit... guess I'll wait a little longer before going all single-core ignition on my own money.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Really disappointed with the final pictures so far. They lost her signature lips and the prototype hair which was nicer.

damnit. she was perfect. this is what scares me about hot toys and the proto vs production. im still getting her but i will always wish the original head was used

Agreed. I actually preferred the prototype sculpt too, that looked great and really sold me on getting the figure :( ...I'll keep my order as I do like the character(and don't want to lose my deposit!). Outfit etc looks great but can't help feeling a bit disappointed tbh. :thud: Hopefully the in-hand pics will change that when they start to come in.

looks better when putting on the helmet.

jyn erso.jpg

She looks like somebody, but can't put my finger on it. But the eyes/eyebrow area just does not come across as Felicity at all to me. Looks more like a doll of one of my ex girlfriends, which I wouldn't want on my shelf. :lol

looks better when putting on the helmet.

View attachment 361616

Yeah, after looking through all the pics on FB there are some which look off. But I think it is more due to lighting in some cases. The ones with the goggles and hat seem the best though. So maybe it's the hair. Your pic looks one of the best I've seen. So she should be fine.

Where's Wor-Gar.....here are the money Raincoat pics !! Some of the best I think....

21015731_10154810541222344_8518036519064597443_o.jpg

21083576_10154810540547344_372726462571182618_o.jpg

20989250_10154810539167344_8186438377528006322_o.jpg

This one will look good too until Cassian arrives ;-)

20989092_10154810538637344_2144157433909191574_o.jpg

She looks good. Likeness isn't spot on, particularly from the front. Interesting that the Sideshow PF's for Jyn, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, and Rey all look better than their HT counterparts.

I still think that this is a sweet all around figure. It's always nice when they nail a likeness like they did for Carrie Fisher but these "close but not quite" likenesses that we've been getting for Jyn, Tatooine Luke, Smuggler Han, etc., don't bother me as much as some.

Original proto on the right, disguise left, and final version bottom:

View attachment 361580

I'm not sure why they changed the prototype and went with that disguise version. The width of the face is all wonky now.

Edit:

Actually i think its mainly down to the parting between the eyes/ the bridge of the nose and the eye shape is slightly different.

I don't think the sculpt looks that different, I feel any difference have much more to do with the lighting than anything.
I still love this figure and I'm looking forward to getting mine!

Back