1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks good... would look more like Felicity with some buck teeth though...

I'm still tempted by her every time I see a photo. I will be watching ebay closely once she drops.

She looks good... would look more like Felicity with some buck teeth though...

Yeah, her lips are perpetually pursed on account of her large front teeth. The PF captures that better. The HT sculpt is very good, particularly the Imperial Disguise version, but it's slightly idealized.

It's funny. She has the same copper colored metallic effect in her hair that HT tries to give to otherwise blonde haired figures.

Yeah, her lips are perpetually pursed on account of her large front teeth. The PF captures that better. The HT sculpt is very good, particularly the Imperial Disguise version, but it's slightly idealized.

Agreed. I've been saying the PF captured her better for a while now (and also just made her look a whole lot cuter like she should be).

Right now I'm just not feeling much desire to keep this, but maybe the in-hand pics will convince me otherwise...

I want to like this figure enough to buy it (because I like the character, and the outfit is cool and well-made), but I'm really tired of giving Hot Toys money for head sculpts that don't look like the actress.

I want to like this figure enough to buy it (because I like the character, and the outfit is cool and well-made), but I'm really tired of giving Hot Toys money for head sculpts that don't look like the actress.
But that's how they keep on learning. This is art. Its a shame that Jyn is a one-off, because you can see the progression with, say, Black Widow.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Personally I think the sculpt is very well done. I would like to get Jyn but unless I can find her at decent price down the line, most likely a pass. I still may try to find a way to pick up a Death Trooper or 2 though as I love their armor design.

I'll have K-2SO and a Tank Trooper if they ever offer him.

If Krennic ever gets previewed, then I would instantly buy a Death Trooper.

Jyn will become a purchase if I can get a good deal on ebay after release.

I'm not sure I would buy Cassian even if he were available. I'd rather not get him, then Jyn, then I gotta get Baze and Chirrut... Better to stay away.

I think the sculpt is very well done, but I do wish they captured her natural mouth expression a bit better with her perpetually pursed lips and slightly visible front teeth. I personally find this expression on her to be quite endearing.

What is the novel called?
^^pls do check novel very good, sounds like you will enjoy. guardians of the whills is also must read if you are a RO fan.

i agree one of the best in franchise up there with ANH and EMP for me. HT Jyn is must for collect. Have Chirrut and plottin on K2SO

Catalyst. I'd recommend it on Audible. Almost like a movie with sound effects etc. Far better than the old taped books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good backstory/prestory to Erso, Krennic and the involvement of kyber crystals for the Death Star in Catalyst. I use Audible for all my SW books and agree with Hoody. Highly recommend it.

Good backstory/prestory to Erso, Krennic and the involvement of kyber crystals for the Death Star in Catalyst.
:exactly:
Also goes into some inner Imperial rank struggles.
I enjoyed reading the book before seeing RO. I went in with a better understanding of some of the characters.
Recommend.

I think the scult is very well done, but I do wish they captured her natural mouth expression a bit better with her perpetually pursed lips and slightly visible front teeth. I personally find this expression on her to be quite endearing.

Yes ironically an "idealized" look for Felicity is anything but since her big teeth are a signature aspect of what makes her so unique and cute. For those of us that rank RO up there with SW and ESB that makes for one heck of a six hour binge. I'm no longer even bothered by ROTJ's shortcomings because after three films that are so awesome I don't mind coasting through Jedi to close out the Empire/Rebellion Saga.

What is the novel called?

Catalyst. I'd recommend it on Audible. Almost like a movie with sound effects etc. Far better than the old taped books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd also throw in a recommendation for Rebel Rising if you want more Jyn Erso history.

As for the figure, I saw it in person and it's a great sculpt.

Yes ironically an "idealized" look for Felicity is anything but since her big teeth are a signature aspect of what makes her so unique and cute. For those of us that rank RO up there with SW and ESB that makes for one heck of a six hour binge. I'm no longer even bothered by ROTJ's shortcomings because after three films that are so awesome I don't mind coasting through Jedi to close out the Empire/Rebellion Saga.
I like your points of view. [emoji6]

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I've got the Jyn in Disguise figure preordered but this one is still tempting me.

Do I order this one and then just keep the disguised version "disguised"? (as a regular Imperial, along with the other troopers...) Hmmm...

Back