1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well at least we have Disney's 5/36th Krennic, which strangely resembles a grown man wearing adult diapers underneath his black jeggings. Perhaps this version was made for the scene in which Krennic confronts Vader but ends up choking on his ambition. Disney didn't produce a 5/36th Cassian (with or without diaper) either. Maybe this is a sign that Cassian's fanbase wasn't expected to be significant. Either that or he doesn't have the requisite continence issues to deserve a figure. Perhaps, it's a bit difficult to support a hero, who shoots a disabled gentleman in the back while climbing over his dead body in order to escape stormtroopers that are coming to check the commotion that he created in the first place.

View attachment 334388

:rotfl

Knowing the Rebellion as presented in RO - the creepy "trick her into leading us to her Dad so we can kill him" version - they probably ordered him to do it. "If your longtime valued contact is injured, eliminate him.":lol

That's how i interpreted it as he came across as a hit man--kill that guy, kill Saw, kill Galen. Seemed to link to his later speech to Jyn.

Not sure I cared much for that aspect of how the rebellion was portrayed. I think that has the most dissonance with ANH, moreso than some of the plot points. The Empire matches what we see in the OT pretty well, but the rebellion ends up seeming pretty ****** in this flick.

That's how i interpreted it as he came across as a hit man--kill that guy, kill Saw, kill Galen. Seemed to link to his later speech to Jyn.

Not sure I cared much for that aspect of how the rebellion was portrayed. I think that has the most dissonance with ANH, moreso than some of the plot points. The Empire matches what we see in the OT pretty well, but the rebellion ends up seeming pretty ****** in this flick.

:exactly:

Most of the RO rebellion leadership came across as bond villains - cold Brit accents and an air of sinister arrogance and manipulation.

The rebellion leadership in ANH you could leave your kids with for the weekend.:dunno

The point is that there is no perfect pure good side in war. War is dirty, immoral. Even the Jedi became corrupted by participating in it.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I loved it just because it seemed more "realistic" to what a rebellion would be in that universe. Like WesMordine said it's dirty and immoral. It's the worst side of humanity. I love WWII history and Star Wars so RO works for me on a few levels.

Gonna regret not buying her when I find out she's Qui God Jinn's granddaughter. Galen Erso seemed like Qui gon's son in R1. Also we'll see Jyn again in the movies but she'll go by some other name, the one they called her at the beginning of Rogue One. So that when you watch it again you go 'ahhhhh'. #%@ now I kinda wanna get this one.

The point is that there is no perfect pure good side in war. War is dirty, immoral. Even the Jedi became corrupted by participating in it.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I loved it just because it seemed more "realistic" to what a rebellion would be in that universe. Like WesMordine said it's dirty and immoral. It's the worst side of humanity. I love WWII history and Star Wars so RO works for me on a few levels.

Your views on realism or morality are perfectly justified - but the point is, it just isn't the way the rebellion's depicted in-universe in the OT. And RO takes place a few days before the start of the OT.

Basically, the RO writers threw the OT rebellion under the bus in order to make Jyn look like the better leader.

the RO writers threw the OT rebellion under the bus in order to make Jyn look like the better leader.

This is true but is nothing compared to what they did to the poor stormtroopers. They now appear friendly/feminine, poorly endowed, and a 15-20 fully armed and ready squad was wiped out by a blind man with a bamboo stick.

Yeah but even when i was a kid and watched it in the movies i was kinda "come on, really those little things are going to beat stormtroopers?"

This is true but is nothing compared to what they did to the poor stormtroopers. They now appear friendly/feminine, poorly endowed, and a 15-20 fully armed and ready squad was wiped out by a blind man with a bamboo stick.

About the same as being beat by teddy bears with sticks :lol

Emperor Palpatine said:
An entire LEGION of my finest troops awaits them....

Yep... His finest troops...

she's Qui God Jinn's granddaughter. Galen Erso seemed like Qui gon's son in R1. Also we'll see Jyn again in the movies but she'll go by some other name, the one they called her at the beginning of Rogue One.

987.gif

About the same as being beat by teddy bears with sticks :lol

:exactly:

Though yeah, as turd says - I can believe a swarm of angry dwarves armed with flint knives, arrows and huge rocks can do some damage even against soldiers in body armor.

(And I'm sure that scenario actually happened in some part of London at some point in the 1960's.)

But a blind dude with a stick who knocks out/kills EVERY SINGLE soldier with a quick tap is cheap kung fu movie ****.

but the force was with him :lol

I saw no evidence of this whatsoever... did he actually say that the force was with him at any point in the movie?

:monkey3

:slap:slap:slap

Come on, rent a thugs (mostly farmboys who dreamed of the academy) are no match for Ip Man channelling Zatoichi. And if you want to take down armoured foes concussive force is the best way to do it (outside of a blaster).

Come on, rent a thugs (mostly farmboys who dreamed of the academy) are no match for Ip Man channelling Zatoichi. And if you want to take down armoured foes concussive force is the best way to do it (outside of a blaster).

True, but a concussion and a KO are totally different things - not to mention apparent death due to stick tap from blind guy.:lecture:lol

Back