1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jyn looks great! I really love the character design for her so I’m really interested. Hopefully the actual movie character is pretty good so I won't feel bad ordering her. I hope they end up including the poncho and cap look as extras.

I noticed that too. Could be molded add on pieces or padding maybe. Regardless it looks more natural for sure.

The new Black Widow could have benefited from some thigh padding.

But one thing for sure, their female headsculpts have taken a leap forward. She's as gorgeous as Felicity, down to the crease on her upper lip. Attention to detail is through the roof!

The figure overall looks pretty solid. The sculpt looks good, but I think they did the hair even better. On a side note; it drives me nuts that they're attaching scout lights to the blasters. Surely they could have done something different than what we do in the real world.

I like the opening shot of that video where you can see the tall Droid and that other guy with the big gun that hangs out with Donnie Yen's character.. I like that gun with belt feed quite a bit.

I have quite a few reservations about collecting any figures from this line if for nothing else, lack of display space but I will hold off any decisions until I see the movie one month from now.

Looks very good! I'm glad they're not giving the females in the Star Wars line rooted hair.

Totally disagree with this. The hair is the primary piece that screams out toy still Plastic hair helmets are definitely the nemesis of my collection and high-end toys in my opinion. Hairing techniques have come a long ways and mass produced products are even starting to shy away from "rooting" and applying hair to the sculpt as the customizers do which is night and day when viewing the figure.

A well done haired figure with the right lighting conditions can fool you into thinking you are seeing a photo of the character. The hair piece shown here will never do that.

By the way. All humans need to style their hair to get it to do anything. HT and other companies have started applying styling products in the package which help but it takes less than a minute to get some gel or other hair care products and shape and style figure's hair. I used to not do this and had some of the crazy, silly, poofy, and weird looking haired figures on my shelves. I took a small free sample of gel I got at Whole Foods one day and went to town and styled every haired figure in my collection in about an hour's time and used the comb that came with Chewie and got them all looking awesome. You can't futz a plastic skull cap of hair but with a little gel, you can futz your figures into amazing poses, the hair adding dynamic motion or impact to the pose.

Sorry for the hair rant.

I am very impressed with the artistry of these figures, but even if the movie turns out to be awesome, I will have no interest in collecting from it.

Oh and rooted hair would suck. I too am glad they are sculpting.

Sculpted hair for me too. I draw the line at combing and styling a female figure's hair. That is when it goes from a collectible action figure to a doll for me.

I think the sculpt is off, it's not bad but there seems to be something 'off'. Many of the Star Wars figures are like this to me. Sort of like the uncanny effect.

I also think the head looks more figure/doll like than other releases but the resolution/flash etc is probably the reason for that since the issue is lack of variance in details... pores, skin tone variance/freckles etc.

Everything else looks great though.

Really liking the headsculpt on this, but have to agree with others that the outfit looks kinda drab and boring for some reason. I really love the look of it in the trailers though, so it may just be the bright and washed out lighting or something.

Sculpt looks like a reused Scarlett J Black Widow with a high hairline and a poked hole in the mouth, same dead eyes. Lifeless From what I see.
Seems to be a real weakness for HT to give female sculpts life.

Sculpt looks better here
32e49c6d6dfe1d646cfdab568d518241.jpg

The obligatory "the (prototype) sculpt is off" discussion has begun...

I'm hoping the movie would be mindblowing enough for me to overlook how bland this figure is.

"Ive only ever heard of Imperial Blasters in stories.." *instantly expert marksman*

:lol

HA HA HA HAAAA, the curse of Ripley again... I see this sculpt and I think is AMAZING. Why not for Ripleeeeeey?

I also think it's a pretty good likeness. However maybe my total indifference about this character is a reason I don't see the flaws, I dunno.

No doll hair is good.

I concur. Looking at that hairstyle I don't see how rooted hair could pull that off, certainly not on a mass production level.

Gorgeous!

I particularly love how her legs look like a real woman's as opposed to a catwalk model's skinny appendages. New body type?

It's probably just the trousers she's wearing.

I like the sculpt, I want the Imperial disguise look though more than this one so I'll be waiting it out.

785596d9-1ef8-41ec-85ee-22d6480a50b6.jpg

Back