1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meditated on it & decided to go for it. So thanks to you 🙃. Even with the ECI first class style shipping it's under $230, which to my broke a** is awesome possum. So I'll have her pretty soon. Thanks again for the link. Whoo! My second Hot Toys Star Wars purchase! ANH Vader was my first. Got him in April for $270 off eBay from a dude in Malaysia. Now if only Sideshow would hurry the funk up with my Anakin. Gawl. 😐😐😐

Will be interesting to see if Popcultcha increase prices now that the new GST Tax is in here in Australia.

Choombaz is saying imported to Australia rather than exported from their (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Sounds like Trump’s tariff with the idea of making local prices look cheaper in comparison.

Choombaz is saying imported to Australia rather than exported from their (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Sounds like Trump’s tariff with the idea of making local prices look cheaper in comparison.

Yeah, but the figures aren't made in Australia. So they have to import with the increased tax. Therefore the selling price to anyone (from Australia or export) will have a higher price to cover the import tax.

Yes, importing, sorry if I was unclear. Also Amazon US don’t allow us to shop on their site anymore (unless you have vpn and US shipping address!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but the figures aren't made in Australia. So they have to import with the increased tax. Therefore the selling price to anyone (from Australia or export) will have a higher price to cover the import tax.

Exactly. That’s what I’m worried about.

Exactly. That’s what I’m worried about.

Oof! That’s going to suck for future releases. Come on HT. Get on those Empire and Jedi figures before I’m priced out of the hobby! I’m so close to finishing my Star Wars shelves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It should be ok, but it doesn’t mean retailers won’t jack up their prices anyway as there is no change to the taxing where imported items are greater than $1000. Its below $1k where the 10% Tax will now be applied after 1st July.

Price should be unaffected. Retailers always paid the tax (and duty) regardless of dollar amount. This just means it will now be applied to personal transactions as well. Any price increase would either be due to actual product cost increases or a choice to try and grab some extra dollars. Adding GST to purchases from SS plus the cost of shipping now means PC are pretty much always cheaper than SS which is a position they are probably keen to capitalise on. Only thing SS can offer now is easy fixes for damaged goods (PC still struggles here) and getting your figure earlier.

My figure has shipped from Popcultcha. Awesome. Glad I chose the ECI option. I'd rather pay a li'l extra then wait longer for a figure.

I've been going through this thread, and I've noyiced there's not a lot of modding for this figure goin' on. So you're all pretty satisfied with her outta the box?

My figure has shipped from Popcultcha. Awesome. Glad I chose the ECI option. I'd rather pay a li'l extra then wait longer for a figure.

I've been going through this thread, and I've noyiced there's not a lot of modding for this figure goin' on. So you're all pretty satisfied with her outta the box?

Other than some minor hot water treatment to the hair, I think everyone is pretty happy stock. The tailoring and accessories are top notch. And so much choice with the deluxe. Headsculpt looks fantastic in hand. There is a reason a lot of people were suggesting figure of the year. But I think I slightly prefer the imperial disguise version. Not as much you can do with it, but it's a fantastic figure. If you haven't got him, grab K2 from PC (should be pretty cheap with our crumby dollar and PC have already discounted him). These two really go together.

Other than some minor hot water treatment to the hair, I think everyone is pretty happy stock. The tailoring and accessories are top notch. And so much choice with the deluxe. Headsculpt looks fantastic in hand. There is a reason a lot of people were suggesting figure of the year. But I think I slightly prefer the imperial disguise version. Not as much you can do with it, but it's a fantastic figure. If you haven't got him, grab K2 from PC (should be pretty cheap with our crumby dollar and PC have already discounted him). These two really go together.

I wanna get K-2 but I jus' got the 2 week notice for Rey from Sideshow t'day. So I've got two $200+ figures coming at once lol. A certain somone wouldn't be happy with me if I got a potential 4th, since my Anakin could get shipped sometime this month. First-world problems. 😐

Thanks, guys. Good to hear. Especially as I’m considering winding it down.

Nah don't go doin that ! Fotots / displays are such a big part of this hobby. Also on the threads they make it more interesting for sure.

Have you entered the annual Toy Photography competition ? Can't remember the exact name....but I guess so.

Back