1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm a newbie. I also think likeness is off. But in some previous photos comparing the figüre and real Miss Felicity, I realized that the distinguishing lines are actually there but subtle. I also considered that the thing with the figure's eyes is they are in shadow. The space between her eyes and eyebrows is in shade but in reality, there's not so much shadow in that space in Miss Felicity's face. Probably the eye area were sculpted deeper than it should be. So I made a few changes in photoshop (Color the hair and irises, remove the shadows over eyelids, accentuated the cheek, jaw and lip lines). What do you think? Can it be done in the figure. Note that I'm not Professional image editor.

View attachment 386875re itself?

If you want a 100% likeness in your Hot Toys action figure you would probably be expected to pay $500 or more.

I think that it looks good enough and it looks way better than my $9.99 Hasbro figure.

These two just go together.

eCjjU8J.jpg

k5Ntj68.jpg

K2 seems to think so also, which is probably why he seems to have a wandering right hand. :lol

My deluxe Jyn finally arrived after getting stuck in transit. Having an off day, I decided to wait for the delivery instead of routing it to a pickup center. In the back of my head, I had that joke about the new Hot Toys shoes arriving. The UPS delivery man gets my signature and hands me the box with the DELUXE SET, Jyn Hot toys label up. He says, "Enjoy the new shoes!". I'm not sure what sort of expression I had, but I thank him and close the door.

While the sculpt likeness is not the best, the figure as a whole is A+. So is the (shoe) box presentation. I have no regrets.

Well I finally caved and pulled the trigger with SS before the deluxe sells out. I'm looking forward to this one!

Take the hair off, heat up the side locks that hang off, and hold them in place till they cool and take that shape/position. It improves the likeness immensely because it frees up her chin shape from being rounded out by hair shadows. No need to cut or modify. This is a complete winning figure and one I foresee many regretting waiting on down the road.

Take the hair off, heat up the side locks that hang off, and hold them in place till they cool and take that shape/position. It improves the likeness immensely because it frees up her chin shape from being rounded out by hair shadows. No need to cut or modify. This is a complete winning figure and one I foresee many regretting waiting on down the road.
What heat source do you use, and how much is needed to not melt the whole thing! [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Personally you can’t critique a movie on just one viewing experience. When I first watched RO I had no idea what was going on (who is Saw, Jedhi, Edu, Gallen), **** was moving to fast referring to people and places I haven’t seen yet. After repeat viewing (with subtitles) time to marinate and rewatching after some time RO is climbing to be a favourite SW movie for me.

Having said that this figure looks NOTHING like Jyn from the movie. It really is a ashame of the “illusion” HT has created making us think that their product is the BEST likeness your going to get. Sure the tailoring is fantastic but what I see is a very good “knock off” likeness. Not what we pay hundreds of dollars for.

Having said that this figure looks NOTHING like Jyn from the movie. It really is a ashame of the “illusion” HT has created making us think that their product is the BEST likeness your going to get. Sure the tailoring is fantastic but what I see is a very good “knock off” likeness. Not what we pay hundreds of dollars for.
Not perfect. But I challenge you to point out a better 1/6 figure of Jyn Erso.

Personally you can’t critique a movie on just one viewing experience. When I first watched RO I had no idea what was going on (who is Saw, Jedhi, Edu, Gallen), **** was moving to fast referring to people and places I haven’t seen yet. After repeat viewing (with subtitles) time to marinate and rewatching after some time RO is climbing to be a favourite SW movie for me.

Like I've told others, listening to the Audible version of Catalyst makes Rogue One even better. Sets the scene between Erso and Krennic even more. Awesome sound effects and music as well.

Not perfect. But I challenge you to point out a better 1/6 figure of Jyn Erso.

That’s the point. HT is crowned the best, so even a subpar effort is considered the best likeness. I can argue that Bliztway can do a much better job as the seem to be able to capture the “essence” of a actor (all GB & Fight Club – TD smile BANG ON Brad Pitt), however BW only does four figures per year as opposed to how many HT churns out!!

Also curious I know that KA KIM considered the best of the best sculptors once employed by HT and produced many magnificent sculpt (many in my collection) and could argue put HT on the map. Now that she’s gone who are there main sculptors? Are they as good? TBH nothing from the HT camp has blown me away of late. Unlike the BW GB that made me fall off my chair in amazement. Which are sculpted by KA Kim BTW. But them again you can argue only four figures a year

What heat source do you use, and how much is needed to not melt the whole thing! [emoji28]

Hair dryer on hot for 5ish seconds, maybe 10 at most. The little hair extensions are next to no plastic so it won't take long for them to really soften (or cool down and harden for that matter). Just get it soft and pinch them between your thumb and index finger so they are relatively straight and hold it for 60 seconds or until you feel the heat dissipate. I had Jyn fixed up in less than 2 minutes doing this - you're just playing with the properties of plastic. Just make sure to do this only with the hair piece separate from the headsculpt.

Thank you! I will try it later to get that hair right where I want it.

...does this sound more and more like playing with dolls every time? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back