1/6 Hot Toys - Prometheus Sixth Scale Figure Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what the other guys and girls have suggested over on the other Alien themed threads it seems all quiet on the Aliens Ripley and the Power Loader. I mean we are all still waiting for confirmation of a release date for the Alien Ripley still so that does not bode well for the Aliens version or the Loader.

Yea i rather own Aliens Ripley

Iron To- I mean Hot Toys is now focusing on their beloved Iron Man 3 and lines from yearly Marvel movies so much they couldn't have time for anything else right now (How many Captain America we have? 4? 5?). Especially Iron Man 3. Remember the picture of infected iron man figures that was put into landfill in China all those years ago? Not anymore. HT just kept them and repaint them as any 1-second-or-none-appearance Mk they would like to. Not to mention that this thing can be manufacturing as line product since one parts can be reused on one another. So it cost low, make high profit, will sell anyway while anything else? Nah. They can wait.

That's why I stopped swallowing things from HT years ago. Best decision ever.

From what the other guys and girls have suggested over on the other Alien themed threads it seems all quiet on the Aliens Ripley and the Power Loader. I mean we are all still waiting for confirmation of a release date for the Alien Ripley still so that does not bode well for the Aliens version or the Loader.

Here my Alien Dio i need to add alien egg i got one coming

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 170
Iron To- I mean Hot Toys is now focusing on their beloved Iron Man 3 and lines from yearly Marvel movies so much they couldn't have time for anything else right now (How many Captain America we have? 4? 5?). Especially Iron Man 3. Remember the picture of infected iron man figures that was put into landfill in China all those years ago? Not anymore. HT just kept them and repaint them as any 1-second-or-none-appearance Mk they would like to. Not to mention that this thing can be manufacturing as line product since one parts can be reused on one another. So it cost low, make high profit, will sell anyway while anything else? Nah. They can wait.

That's why I stopped swallowing things from HT years ago. Best decision ever.

Yea i gave up on them as well they Milk Ironcrap and statwars so much

I've come to the conclusion that new Marines will happen. Since there are more parties involved (likeness rights) for the original 6 figures (possibly new ones as well) is why it's taking so long. HT is no doubt contractually obligated to Disney to produce several figures from each of their movies as well, which is taking up most of the RD department. I'm actually surprised a smaller company has not already released some unofficial "Off-World Warrior" figures.

I've come to the conclusion that new Marines will happen. Since there are more parties involved (likeness rights) for the original 6 figures (possibly new ones as well) is why it's taking so long. HT is no doubt contractually obligated to Disney to produce several figures from each of their movies as well, which is taking up most of the RD department. I'm actually surprised a smaller company has not already released some unofficial "Off-World Warrior" figures.

yea i say we will get at least 2 marines if not all, For sure Hicks and Hudson or Vasqanz

NECA were able to get likenesses and pump figures out over the past few years. If they wanted to Hot Toys could have done the same within the same timeframe. Alien is, I think, one of NECA's top 2 licenses but it's waaaaaayyyyy down the list at Hot Toys now.

NECA were able to get likenesses and pump figures out over the past few years. If they wanted to Hot Toys could have done the same within the same timeframe. Alien is, I think, one of NECA's top 2 licenses but it's waaaaaayyyyy down the list at Hot Toys now.

Its probably best to stick with Neca for the alien/aliens/alien 3 licenses anyway because with hot toys current pricing structures you could imagine what the cost of the 5 colonial marines would be. It would set you back $ 300 - 350 plus shipping for each figure which would be around $1500 - $2000 for all five. Only die hard aliens fans would be able to justify that cost. This versus a cost of $89.99 when they first came out in 2004.

Its probably best to stick with Neca for the alien/aliens/alien 3 licenses anyway because with hot toys current pricing structures you could imagine what the cost of the 5 colonial marines would be. It would set you back $ 300 - 350 plus shipping for each figure which would be around $1500 - $2000 for all five. Only die hard aliens fans would be able to justify that cost. This versus a cost of $89.99 when they first came out in 2004.

I doubt I could resist a Hicks 2.0 regardless of the high price. But y'know there's every likelihood they'd make him and just stop. That'd sure make it easy not to spend money.

Last edited:
I doubt I could resist a Hicks 2.0 regardless of the high price. But y'know there's every likelihood they'd make him and just stop. That'd sure make it easy not to spend money.

Yea you dont see hot toys Completing Full lines now so we would get 2 Marine maxed maybe 3. 2 with Pluse Rifles and one with a smaert gun drake or vas, Hicks and Hudson

Yah i have 1.0 drake so i would prob get Hicks or Vasqaz. But i would buy the 2.0 Power loader in a heart beat i dont know why hot toys has not updated anything on it

I've come to the conclusion that new Marines will happen. Since there are more parties involved (likeness rights) for the original 6 figures (possibly new ones as well) is why it's taking so long.

That would be plausible if it weren't for the fact that HT have Sigourney's likeness rights, yet A) Don't care to make it look like Sigourney, and B) Don't really seem to care about releasing the thing. So, I really doubt likeness rights acquisition is the reason they aren't in the works.

NECA have made Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop and Newt since 2013. Whatever money needed to be paid and whatever long approval process there was it's all in the past and those figures have been out - the older ones are even being rereleased for late-comers. And in all that time Hot Toys still hasn't even released their single solitary Ripley figure.

I'd love a figure of David from Prometheus since Fassy's rights are included in his contract here. I honestly can see HT releasing him and Shaw this year to tie-in with Covenant.

NECA have made Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop and Newt since 2013. Whatever money needed to be paid and whatever long approval process there was it's all in the past and those figures have been out - the older ones are even being rereleased for late-comers. And in all that time Hot Toys still hasn't even released their single solitary Ripley figure.

I think its just an era thing with hot toys, the further we move away from the 80's the more the movies we all love from that decade slip out of the public consciousness and the demand for the figures amongst mass consumers of this era shrinks. I mean if you think about it the early to late 2000's when hot toys was focused on the 80's licenses was only 15 - 20 years after many of the great sci fi flicks of the 80s but now in 2017 we've already passed or are nearly finished with the 30th anniversaries of many of those films.

I'd love a figure of David from Prometheus since Fassy's rights are included in his contract here. I honestly can see HT releasing him and Shaw this year to tie-in with Covenant.

I hope so

Attachments

• 2ufu0l0.jpg
    2ufu0l0.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 125
  • file_88832_9_PROMNEW010.jpg
    file_88832_9_PROMNEW010.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 126
Back