1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man he still looks great despite not having the symbol on his chest. HT did a good job with him.

Just needs the symbol and a half exposed Hardy sculpt to make it perfect.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-venom-hot-toys-907276

$405 on Sideshow

QGouR0b.png

j1SVnR6.png

dLvgIUF.png

I just pre ordered. Movie was mediocre but tom hardy and venom characters were good in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Eyes, lungs, pancreas... so many organs to sell, so little -- actually we have quite a bit of time, let's be real.

Re: Hot Toys movie Venom

He didn?t have the blade in the movie or the extra heads if I remember correctly. There was the one head (or maw as they?re calling it) when they were talking on the buoy, but not coming off Venom himself. I wonder if this is from the second movie. Remember this would have been out now without COVID.

No. If it's from the second movie it would have been under Venom2. They can't call it a Venom movie figure if they used designs from Venom2. Which they wouldn't know anyways.
It's probably from a concept art or something so Hot Toys can include more and be less bare boned. Also reuse parts for future Venom figures?

Why couldn't hot toys have announced this when the movie was released about 2 years ago? :slap

Because they don't know if they movie will do well or not. No rush with things. And I think the toy merch is not with SONY and back to Disney I think. So no point in making money for the other company.
It's weird I know.

Other toy companies have said that Sony didn't share marketing and concept images with them beforehand like Marvel does. This is also why Spider-Verse stuff was extremely late in most cases.

Also, realistically, given the movie had a lot of potential to fail, it made sense to hedge bets a bit rather than spend money on a figure people might not want because the movie flopped.

You may have mistaken with Fox and X-men/Fantastic 4.
From what I understand. When SONY and Disney decide to colaborate, SONY got screwed by Disney. The terms were Disney would make Spiderman movies for SONY but also gets the merchandise end of things. So there's no point in making toys for SONY for their movie. Disney felt entitled to Spider-man because they are making so much money with MCU. So later on when SONY wants to do the Venom movie, Disney say screw you, can't use Spider-man coz he's with us now. Which explains why non logo on Venom because he needs to be pretty much cut ties with Spiderman.
Disney was also upset SONY made Into the Spider-verse when SONY says screw Disney we are making an animated Spider-man movie. So once again, Disney won't be helping SONY promote their movie.

So at the end of the day kids, that's why Disney is the bad guy

I can't believe it's coming with the clear plastic tube cradle stand and that's it. How is that possibly going to hold this figure? Half of their promo photos are at kind of deceiving angles that you'd need to build an entire display to do.

Re: Hot Toys movie Venom

He didn?t have the blade in the movie or the extra heads if I remember correctly. There was the one head (or maw as they?re calling it) when they were talking on the buoy, but not coming off Venom himself. I wonder if this is from the second movie. Remember this would have been out now without COVID.

No. If it's from the second movie it would have been under Venom2. They can't call it a Venom movie figure if they used designs from Venom2. Which they wouldn't know anyways.
It's probably from a concept art or something so Hot Toys can include more and be less bare boned. Also reuse parts for future Venom figures?

Masterfully crafted based on the appearance of Venom from the movie, the screen-accurate vinyl figure measures approximately 38cm tall displays a high level of detailed sculpting, specially on the texture of his skin, fearsome fanged mouth and tongue. The latest figure introduces a body painted with black polarized paint that gives natural shiny glow from different viewing angles; two newly developed head sculpts featuring a grinning head sculpt, as well as a head sculpt with fanged mouth and interchangeable protruding tongues; interchangeable weapons and accessories including symbiote weapons and Riot's symbio sword; multiple Venom with symbiote accessories attachable to figure's back spewing black liquid; matching hands for iconic gestures; and a movie-themed figure stand.

It's from the Venom movie but it was used by Riot, which was the symbiote that joined with Riz Ahmed's character. So HT is using a bit of editorial license, but Venom could have just as easily fashioned it if it had occurred to him.

You may have mistaken with Fox and X-men/Fantastic 4.

No, I haven't. It was mentioned by the Marvel Legends team in one of the last livestreams. They said that with MCU productions the figures are always close to release of the movies because Marvel Studios makes sure to give them stuff like concept art and actor photos beforehand, which they said was not the case with Venom or Spider-Verse.

If Disney really wanted to kill merchandise for those two films, they easily could've, as evidenced by the fact that the later X-Men films got nothing in the way of merchandise until now after the franchise is finished.

No, I haven't. It was mentioned by the Marvel Legends team in one of the last livestreams. They said that with MCU productions the figures are always close to release of the movies because Marvel Studios makes sure to give them stuff like concept art and actor photos beforehand, which they said was not the case with Venom or Spider-Verse.

If Disney really wanted to kill merchandise for those two films, they easily could've, as evidenced by the fact that the later X-Men films got nothing in the way of merchandise until now after the franchise is finished.

It wasn?t cause it was finished it is cause Disney has the rights to Xmen so they can do what they want . Now they will promote it back then they didn?t .

It wasn?t cause it was finished it is cause Disney has the rights to Xmen so they can do what they want . Now they will promote it back then they didn?t .

I know. My point was that no merchandise was being made because Disney didn't wanna promote a rival movie franchise at the time. If that were the case for Venom and Spider-Verse, we most likely wouldn't be getting the figures at all.

Other toy companies have said that Sony didn't share marketing and concept images with them beforehand like Marvel does. This is also why Spider-Verse stuff was extremely late in most cases.

Also, realistically, given the movie had a lot of potential to fail, it made sense to hedge bets a bit rather than spend money on a figure people might not want because the movie flopped.

I'm not letting them off the hook with either of those. They've been doing everything else Venom (Cosbabies), just trying to stall it out.

Movie could've failed like the 90's Fantastic 4 and people would STILL buy a Venom, I can guarantee that!

They've been doing everything else Venom (Cosbabies), just trying to stall it out.

You mean the Cosbaby that didn't come out until the following year after the film's release?:lol

The argument that they were barred from making merchandise makes even less sense when Spider-Verse had merchandise made earlier on as well. Cheap, rushed out stuff like that Marvel Legends repaint of Miles and those Funko Pops, but merchandise nonetheless.

If they were intent on harming the Sony movies, they didn't have to let any of those get made in the first place. Even the argument that they purposefully made Hot Toys delay Venom to 2020 makes no sense when you consider his sequel was supposed to be out this year.

Back