1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys movie Venom

I’ll decide in 2 years if I’ll get it or not...

Hot damn this looks gorgeous. Venom looks more menacing without the white spider symbol.

This will look so good with the PS4 Classic Suit Spidey.

Hot Toys....why are you so late (probably even later as this may show up in Jan. 2023)? Never mind, give it here....

I will call this Hot Toys Episode 4: A New Hope

Note: Why does the description say, "a remarkable white spider-symbol stretched across chest"?

Looks good. Yes the spider symbol would be even cooler. Maybe someone can come up with workable decals, or third party company will produce swap-out Spider symbol torsos. I wonder if HT will now produce a Tom Hardy Eddie Brock and/or a She-Venom. I had been looking at picking up the unlicensed figures, but now I’ll wait to see what HT does.

Other than “Logan” I would doubt HT will worry about Fox’s X-Men. There are going to be a slew of MCU X-Men and Fantastic Four characters coming over the next few years, which will keep HT busy and swimming in cash. Toys Era and SooSoo will probably continue fleshing out their respective lines.

From the listing on HT's site:

The 1/6th scale Venom Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Venom in Venom
- Newly developed head sculpts with white eyes and sharp yellowish teeth, accurate facial expressions with detailed skin texture
- One (1) head sculpt with fanged mouth and three (3) interchangeable long protruding tongues
- One (1) interchangeable grinning head sculpt
- Approximately 38 cm tall
- Newly developed specialized body with over 24 points of articulation
- Made from vinyl material
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of attacking hands
- One (1) finger pointing left hand
- One (1) sword holding right hand

As I thought this is vinyl, so we can expect the seamless elbows and knees to be similar to the elbows on Hulk & Thanos. They should hold up fine so long as they're not bent at acute angles.

It looks damn good, but but not being a huge Venom fan I won't be rushing to order this guy. But it's nice to see HT actually making something people have been wanting for a long time.

Hot Toys....why are you so late (probably even later as this may show up in Jan. 2023)? Never mind, give it here....

I will call this Hot Toys Episode 4: A New Hope

Note: Why does the description say, "a remarkable white spider-symbol stretched across chest"?

Q1-2 2022. Maybe they have another version planned and copy pasted the wrong description...

I just wish there were no seams on the shoulders and crotch area but I know thats not really possible.

Finally. Took these slackers long enough. It?s gonna be $600 and barely be able to pose it. Might as well buy a statue in order to get a more dynamic pose.

But, at least it looks damn cool. I?d love to see all the released Spider-Man figures ever made by hot toys be posed around venom in a big diorama. That would be sweet.

There are going to be a slew of MCU X-Men and Fantastic Four characters coming over the next few years, which will keep HT busy and swimming in cash. Toys Era and SooSoo will probably continue fleshing out their respective lines.

Given that neither of those films have been announced or cast yet, "The next few years" is a stretch. The earliest we're getting an MCU FF or X-Men movie right now is 2023, and that's assuming no more covid delays.

I meant to say “... X-Men and FF characters coming in a few years”. In the meantime there is still Phase IV, DC, Star Wars, etc. to keep HT busy.

Finally. Took these slackers long enough. It?s gonna be $600 and barely be able to pose it. Might as well buy a statue in order to get a more dynamic pose.

But, at least it looks damn cool. I?d love to see all the released Spider-Man figures ever made by hot toys be posed around venom in a big diorama. That would be sweet.

Its 2980HKD / 384USD / 296GBP at Toys Wonderland.

And looks to have plenty if articulation unlike the Venomized Iron Man

Wow, $384 is a good price! I didn’t expect it to be so low. Now to wait 2 years for it to release...

Why couldn't hot toys have announced this when the movie was released about 2 years ago? :slap

Why couldn't hot toys have announced this when the movie was released about 2 years ago? :slap

Other toy companies have said that Sony didn't share marketing and concept images with them beforehand like Marvel does. This is also why Spider-Verse stuff was extremely late in most cases.

Also, realistically, given the movie had a lot of potential to fail, it made sense to hedge bets a bit rather than spend money on a figure people might not want because the movie flopped.

Wow, $384 is a good price! I didn’t expect it to be so low. Now to wait 2 years for it to release...

Oh man when did nearly $400 become a good price? :lol I guess I’m becoming an old timer when it comes to the prices these days

Holy balls, why? The Heavy Weapon Wolf Predator from a few years back seemed expensive at $265 with a new body and armor set. Predators are what, 1 or 2" shorter than this? And have loads more armor and accessories?

Make no mistake, this is the hype price.

EDIT- MENT TO REPLY TO BLADE3327
Honestly I haven’t even bothered reading about the figure (stopping giving a crap about hot toys) but I just assumed it was the same size as thanos or hulk, and those figures are/were in the upper $300 and lower $400, so $385 for a monster piece like this seems right up hot toys alley.
If I was still in the figure game I’d get this, but all I care about is Endgame captain America then I’m done with 1/6 scale figures and moving to statues (more variety)

I bought the Toys Era Parasitic with the Tom Hardy figure.

but that set did not include Venom in his full body shape, it was more of an accessory of his transforming symbiotic form - so I might pick this up.

I am lukewarm about the movie but the character looks cool. I wonder how Sony is going to integrate Venom with Tom Holland Spiderman. The Tom Hardy character is not really a villain - I am guessing they will be a misunderstanding and they will start as enemies before teaming up at the end to take down a common foe.

Back