1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the deal with this figure? I know I got a notice saying it would be charging by the end of November, and how it's not... what gives with Sideshow?

Last edited:
What's the deal with this figure? I know I got a notice saying it would be charging by the end of November, and how it's not... what gives with Sideshow?

Like everyone has been saying, things are a mess at the docks with imports and the incoming tariffs for the new year.
My guess is that he is still stuck on a boat at this point, along with Iron Spider.

I think they were flying stuff over for awhile and that is why the releases were the same time as SSC shipping. I think getting anything over now by sea or air is a mess.

3558ad3c29c2e09d0fba897378a87886.jpg
f528ed586014a0458e7d95bdbe272739.jpg
I don’t know why or if I am correct at all; but I think Cap looks more like Chris Evans in the box [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]. It’s a nice figure, very cool accesories and the outfit is not “toyish” in hand.

Man I hate the plastic mix they used with the material. That’s not how it looked on screen. Like why would they even do that? Makes it look like a toy

Man I hate the plastic mix they used with the material. That’s not how it looked on screen. Like why would they even do that? Makes it look like a toy

I do think they would have been better off using the same material they did for the Civil War costume, but they were probably going for the texture that’s there on the actual Infinity War costume. The only problem is that HT didn’t scale it correctly, so it doesn’t look very good.
8f85243804e8a12947a47b2275a32b9a.jpg

Also, any word on when this will be charging? Iron Spider came out after this guy in HK but Sideshow seems to be getting that one first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think they would have been better off using the same material they did for the Civil War costume, but they were probably going for the texture that’s there on the actual Infinity War costume. The only problem is that HT didn’t scale it correctly, so it doesn’t look very good.
8f85243804e8a12947a47b2275a32b9a.jpg

Also, any word on when this will be charging? Iron Spider came out after this guy in HK but Sideshow seems to be getting that one first.

Ahh I never noticed the actually texture in the outfit. They completely messed up the scale with that :lol

same!
spider-man charging today, & this charging next week!

little stressful to get charged for 2 hot toys within a week this time of the year, but excited to get them nonetheless!

Coz it's cheap. Easy to stamp out consistent holes in something plastic. Plus the same material was used in Concept Cap. Buying material in bulk is cheaper. Still stings I really wanted this fig but THIS wasn't it.

I don’t get it, the texture on the suit isn’t even 3D. It’s screen printed. It looked great on the CW figure. Hoping it won’t come back for Avengers 4 Cap, night not get it if it does.

f528ed586014a0458e7d95bdbe272739.jpg
I don’t know why or if I am correct at all; but I think Cap looks more like Chris Evans in the box [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]. It’s a nice figure, very cool accesories and the outfit is not “toyish” in hand.

This looks just like a toy. I dunno how Hot Toys botched this exactly, but this does not look like the actor miniaturized into 1/6th form. You look at photos of any of the knock-out sculpts upclose such as Tony Stark 46/47, Hela, on Yondu and it looks like a REAL person...but this Cap, ugh, so toy-ish looking. :slap

Looks like we could get a stealth costume 2.0 if it is indeed the same costume in the new avengers trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back