1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol you say TWS is good but then say CW is a step back...uh, you do realize that TWS, AOU, and CW are the same exact sculpts, right? Just different paint apps...

I genuinely think this is the best Captain America hot toys sculpt outside of Age of Ultron.

I agree w. the YT reviewer who mentioned the difficulties of working with sculpted beard/hair.

But IMO there were real issues w. this sculpt/likeness.:horse:cool: Also, we make POs based on prototype paint and what we get may or may not compare to the nice proto pics.

Cap_IW_compare.jpg

IMO sculpt "squared off" Evan's profile - forehead to nose, blunted nose, and had trouble dealing with beard so IMO Infinity War Cap, from the front, looks to me more like he chugged a liter of root beer and is tryin' to keep the bubbles down than anything. E.g. IMO lower face looks kinda pushed in, probably 'coz the mouth doesn't line up re sculpted 'stache. Ears got changed too.

Fig will sell 'coz it's Cap and some either like sculpt or don't have an issue. I've got other Caps so - no. Too many things that bother me. And HT can do better when they want to:rolleyes: Even it it leaves a gap in my shelves.:monkey2

It is the nose that’s the main issue. Too wide and too much of a bridge. If they’d have slimmed it down a bit it’d have looked miles better

I agree w. the YT reviewer who mentioned the difficulties of working with sculpted beard/hair.

But IMO there were real issues w. this sculpt/likeness.:horse:cool: Also, we make POs based on prototype paint and what we get may or may not compare to the nice proto pics.

View attachment 434168

IMO sculpt "squared off" Evan's profile - forehead to nose, blunted nose, and had trouble dealing with beard so IMO Infinity War Cap, from the front, looks to me more like he chugged a liter of root beer and is tryin' to keep the bubbles down than anything. E.g. IMO lower face looks kinda pushed in, probably 'coz the mouth doesn't line up re sculpted 'stache. Ears got changed too.

Fig will sell 'coz it's Cap and some either like sculpt or don't have an issue. I've got other Caps so - no. Too many things that bother me. And HT can do better when they want to:rolleyes: Even it it leaves a gap in my shelves.:monkey2

Those two bottom pictures of Evans look like two completely different people :lol

He's older and wearing a different expression. I tried to explain some of this stuff, but somebody thought I was ranting. :lol

Haha you were ranting! You wrote like a 4 paragraph long post...also I was ribbing you for your contradictory tone, but regardless the side-by-side comparison just shows what a step back this IW Cap sculpt is...what the heck happened to his ears!? Why did they shrink!? Also, not a fan of the mullet they ended up giving him. :lol

Funny thing is looking at the comparison pictures above i think the figure is a lot closer to Evans in IW than i originally thought. So (IMO) the the CW figure looks much more off (to me) to Evans but that is in those pictures under that lighting at that angle etc, etc. In hand i know the CW scuplt looks much better than that.

I am looking forward to getting this thing in hand so i can see what it REALLY looks like when it is not blown up under a microscope on a 2D screen washed out under very bright lights and i still think it looks good even with all that. I need to judge it in my lighting and normal viewing distance.

So you go on post after post, "sharing" your views... I write one post and I'm ranting? Who's the hypocrite now?
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

Poor attempt at trying to flip the script on me. If you go back to your original "rant" post, which you deleted (probably because you realized how hypocritical you sounded), but you were telling people to stop complaining about IW Cap and then proceeded to complain about him in the very end. THAT is the definition of hypocritical lol.

Also, yes, more people would agree that a 4 paragraph long post reprimanding people for their complaints would qualify as a rant. I may be reiterating my opinion multiple times, but at least I'm concise and to-the-point...so the opposite of a rant. ;)

The chin looks recessed and has the temple triangle that Evans doesnt have anymore since he's balding. Other than that it looks decent, i can live with it.

The chin looks recessed and has the temple triangle that Evans doesnt have anymore since he's balding. Other than that it looks decent, i can live with it.

Lol Evans isn't balding! Hairline still looks great!

Guy wears a wig, he even said hes balding and that triangle recedes when one balds.

I've read that article too where he says he thinks he's balding, but I really don't think he is. He's got a natural receder, but nothing to indicate male pattern baldness.

I pre-ordered it when it went up on Sideshow, and I like to keep apprised of how things are going with figures I've pre-ordered. And I'm guessing you're here because I'm such good company. :wink1:

Haha no sir, I was very much on the fence when the proto photos were released. I had been waiting for the final release blogger photos and video reviews. Once the blogger photos went up and I saw nothing changed I knew it would be difficult to justify the purchase.

Well, hope you enjoy it once you receive it!

Blogger photos were pretty unkind to RotJ Luke, which is WAY better in hand than any photo I’ve seen.

I’ve seen several photos and videos of this guy where he looks quite great. People seem to be very happy with him in hand, so I’m comfortable with getting him.

The head looks better in hand. The mouth is mostly where it falls a part.

I bought this figure to put on the civil war body but the neck is wayyyy too long.

The head looks better in hand. The mouth is mostly where it falls a part.

I bought this figure to put on the civil war body but the neck is wayyyy too long.

Willing to believe that but still every review I see makes me want to wait for a huge sale. A good painter could do stuff to help nose and head seam and uniform - but at HT prices IMO no-one should have to do that.

One person won't make a difference but I don't like encouraging HT to do the "good enough" job. If the next few Caps are like this and it's Evans' last film as Cap I'd be really POd.

Back