1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?! Rooted hair would be far worse.

I don't know why they needed to have his hair in 2 parts but I could easily live with that.

22b3c3d60070283b8a17862b804d3374.jpg

From IG.
Doesn’t look so bad here. Same issue as Loki. Looks close to Evans in some angles but in most he looks like Andrew Lincoln.
I think the Black Order weapons are the best part.

Hmm...seems like a slight improvement from the prototype...or maybe it's exactly the same. I dunno.

Is anyone able to do a side by side with the newly released final promo image and an actual image of Cap from IW? I am really on the fence with this one...which is a shame, cause I was really looking forward to getting him (before the underwhelming prototype images came out).

captain_compare.jpg

captain_compare2.jpg

I'm not seeing a problem here IMO Cap didn't look like "Cap" to me anyway in the film and IMO he shouldn't have. Re the prelude comic he was on the run, and should've looked grim and strained. Which he did.

Anyway unlike Ragnarok Loki I'm good with it. Bein' a Cap collector more or less this is a no brainer for me. I don't see what else HT could've done except less plastic and upped the price (more).:(

Folks that skip this one - well, like someone pointed out, HT will probably be releasing Caps for years milking the license. It'd be great for me if this doesn't sell well so I can get another one in a good sale.:monkey3

Pretty sure it's the beard that's throwing off some people's perception of the nose size. Doesn't look any different to me than what they gave us for WS Cap, and I don't recall too many complaints about that one. But the addition of the beard combined with this one not having as determined an expression as previous ones does make the face look somewhat elongated, but not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

WS Cap.jpg

IW Cap.jpg

Pretty sure it's the beard that's throwing off some people's perception of the nose size. Doesn't look any different to me than what they gave us for WS Cap, and I don't recall too many complaints about that one. But the addition of the beard combined with this one not having as determined an expression as previous ones does make it look somewhat elongated, but not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, I figured if HT had a sculpt they were happy with, then all they would do is tweak the hair and a few details (unlike Bucky who got a needed overhaul).
"Fugitive" Cap is such a unique look for me this is a must-have. Need him to go with Bucky anyway.

Looking forward to him - hope I will get him in hand soon.

What?! Rooted hair would be far worse.

I don't know why they needed to have his hair in 2 parts but I could easily live with that.

To make low-cost and more accurate production process.

If they don't produce it with 2 parts, the frontline of the hair could look bad because they should produce the hair separately from the head.

So they choose more realistic frontline hair for a 2 parts backward.

Funny you say that. Actually my wife thought the figure looked like a hunk. She said it didn't look like Chris Evans much, but the headsculpt looked romance novel like, and damn sexy. It didn't exactly motivate me to get it.

Your wife might get jealous if you get it... and start taking it to bed.

It's not a bad likeness, but his brows are definitley more stern than he normally looks, plus his eyebrows aren't thick enough. But mostly yes the beard isn't accurate if you look carefully at it comparing it to a photo (maybe you shouldn't look too closly, again you don't want to make the wife jealous). In respect to your marriage, I won't post comparison pics. :monkey3

Hah, no problem. My wife is a big HT fan as well (though I am the driving force.) I bounce off figures off her to get her honest opinion (she is an artist, seamstress, painter..ect.) She loves this Cap costume, but the headsculpt isnt close enough for her. It just doesnt compare to other modern HT. She keeps telling me to get Yondu because of how good that likeness is.

Pretty sure it's the beard that's throwing off some people's perception of the nose size. Doesn't look any different to me than what they gave us for WS Cap, and I don't recall too many complaints about that one. But the addition of the beard combined with this one not having as determined an expression as previous ones does make the face look somewhat elongated, but not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

View attachment 432848

View attachment 432849

I'm no expert on Cap figures but the body definitely looks better in this comparison. Much more natural slope from the neck into the shoulders. I wonder what the odds are of getting a new Cap in his proper outfit that has his build like this?

I'm no expert on Cap figures but the body definitely looks better in this comparison. Much more natural slope from the neck into the shoulders. I wonder what the odds are of getting a new Cap in his proper outfit that has his build like this?

Next year we will almost certainly get a new cap with this build and more classic outfit.

My favorite marvel character but think I still have to pass on this one. Getting the concept version and barring a disastrous design choice I'll get the figure from the next movie.

If I was already inclined to get this figure, the likeness would probably be close enough for me. But I was waiting to see if the final sculpt might be strong enough to convince me to order, and unfortunately it's just not happening.

Guess I am in the minority here, but I think he looks awesome.
Cannot wait to have this guy in-hand.

I still cannot get over some of the harsh critics on these headsculpts.
Cap did not look like himself in this movie with his beard and slick back hair...
and while not 100%, this headsculpt looks pretty damn true to what the
source material was. By far, this will be the best action figure made
of "Infinity War" Captain America.

As far as the Eleven "angry" sculpt, while his headsculpts are nice, the paint is nowhere
near Hot Toys level, and never will be... especially in the eyes.

I think people tend to forget, these things are sculpted by hand at actual size, they are all tiny works of art.
And sculptors can get 100% with some people's faces, 90% with others... it is just part of sculptures in general.

If you guys want photo realism, stop collecting action figures and collect photos of these people.

Oh, and as far as rooted hair goes on this... no... just, no.
I don't want to have to "style" all of my $300 action figures' hair.

Last edited:
Guess I am in the minority here, but I think he looks awesome.
Cannot wait to have this guy in-hand.

I still cannot get over some of the harsh critics on these headsculpts.
Cap did not look like himself in this movie with his beard and slick back hair...
and while not 100%, this headsculpt looks pretty damn true to what the
source material was. By far, this will be the best action figure made
of "Infinity War" Captain America.

As far as the Eleven "angry" sculpt, while his headsculpts are nice, the paint is nowhere
near Hot Toys level, and never will be... especially in the eyes.

I think people tend to forget, these things are sculpted by hand at actual size, they are all tiny works of art.
And sculptors can get 100% with some people's faces, 90% with others... it is just part of sculptures in general.

If you guys want photo realism, stop collecting action figures and collect photos of these people.

Oh, and as far as rooted hair goes on this... no... just, no.
I don't want to have to "style" all of my $300 action figures' hair.
I think the head sculpt looks great. I'm definitely excited to receive this figure, Cap is my favorite MCU character and I couldn't pass up this unique look. I honestly don't see Rick Grimes when I look at this sculpt, I see Evans pretty clearly. It's not Hot Toys best work but it's pretty darn good.

I think the head sculpt looks great. I'm definitely excited to receive this figure, Cap is my favorite MCU character and I couldn't pass up this unique look. I honestly don't see Rick Grimes when I look at this sculpt, I see Evans pretty clearly. It's not Hot Toys best work but it's pretty darn good.
Yes exactly this. I honestly don't get all the hate behind this headsculpt, I think it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back