1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say that although from photos it looks like he’s sporting a fat lip ...it has to be a very detailed lip from any previous HT caps we have to admit that :lecture

Maybe that’s why it looks odd in pics :dunno

It's a pretty badass weapon, so happy that they made it and did it so well.
(though I would much prefer a Hot Toys Corvus Glaive instead).

Will probably display Black Widow with Glaive's Scythe and Cap with Proxima's Spear.

Last edited:
I still can't help but really like this. To be fair though I don't think the regular TWS Cap sculpt they have is 100% spot on, all things considered.

22b3c3d60070283b8a17862b804d3374.jpg

From IG.

Kinda sad that the best looking angle for this figure is when it's in the box! Lol :slap

Kinda sad that the best looking angle for this figure is when it's in the box! Lol :slap

Yeah, I noticed that as well LOL. The hard part nowadays is forums of all types (including this one) that have members who get paid/discounts for reviewing, up-selling or otherwise pushing product or agenda.

If I could give any wisdom to people, you have to trust what you see. Also look carefully at peoples criticisms. Are they pointing out specifics or not. Are they just saying it looks good, but giving little support? Lot of people hop on saying "it is good, I buy." Which is just as eye-rolling as "it sucks."

Great likenesses get recognized around here positively. Hela is a recent example of HT nailing a sculpt. I am not saying this isn't a very good figure, but the head sculpt feels more like a Marvel Select, but with an excellent HT paint job. I ponder if this is the worst likeness HT has done for Marvel this year, which is telling something that even their worst might still be a solid figure.

Yeah, I noticed that as well LOL. The hard part nowadays is forums of all types (including this one) that have members who get paid/discounts for reviewing, up-selling or otherwise pushing product or agenda.

If I could give any wisdom to people, you have to trust what you see. Also look carefully at peoples criticisms. Are they pointing out specifics or not. Are they just saying it looks good, but giving little support? Lot of people hop on saying "it is good, I buy." Which is just as eye-rolling as "it sucks."

Great likenesses get recognized around here positively. Hela is a recent example of HT nailing a sculpt. I am not saying this isn't a very good figure, but the head sculpt feels more like a Marvel Select, but with an excellent HT paint job. I ponder if this is the worst likeness HT has done for Marvel this year, which is telling something that even their worst might still be a solid figure.

Agreed. I’m not a fan of reviews that exclaim everything as “awesome” or “this kinda sucks”. That’s not a review. There are waaay to many subtle agendas out there as far as reviews are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if they predominantly wear these in the film, this could be our last good Captain America, so best start liking this figure guys!

Side note: This looks flat out awful, Iron Man wtf... Any figure Hot Toys makes of this will be dumb and stupid.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...ew-red-and-silver-quantum-realm-suits-a164662

:lol Not a fan of those looks I have to admit...and an Iron Man figure of that look is probably highly likely I would say! It's Hot Toys after all and we know how much they love their Iron Man figs! :lol

Any news from Sideshow?

Well there is that huge fire in Thousand Oaks, CA. Saw something on Facebook that SSC is using a skeleton crew because of the fires. So the key thing is to be patient. The employees lives are way more important than any figure you are waiting on.

These fires, and Stan Lee just passed away. Man times are tough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They just put up the exclusive wonder woman for order and also took a flex payment for me today so they must be back at it in some capacity.

Back