1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpt kind of looks like that guy from 'A quiet place'

7e9Ny35.jpg

No, I think the sculpt kind of looks like that guy Jim from The Office, only with a beard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He totally was! John Krasinski auditioned for the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America. Both him and Chris Evans do have the same look they were going for with Captain America.

Looks like that human torch guy with a beard. Or the dude from snow piercer.

454CA677-9F30-4A4A-8A61-EFB084394AC7.jpeg14F10988-185F-4003-8333-2350D36C1C8D.jpeg

Last edited:
He looks like Chris Evans but, compared to recent reveals (that Bucky is superb), the sculpt does not look as accurate. This is the reason why I’m thinking of cancelling my preorder...

That boxer beak has to go.

Yep. Hot Toys is are expensive and I hold to a high standard. The head sculpt is great for 2012, but with recent Thor, Iron-Man and even Bucky having top notch headsculps, it just isn't up to par.

Whoever said Rick Grimes is spot on. It looks like they started sculpting Rick Grimes, and halfway through remembered they were supposed to do Chris Evans and patched up what they had.

Sad, because the rest of the figure looks excellent.

Yep. Hot Toys is are expensive and I hold to a high standard. The head sculpt is great for 2012, but with recent Thor, Iron-Man and even Bucky having top notch headsculps, it just isn't up to par.

Whoever said Rick Grimes is spot on. It looks like they started sculpting Rick Grimes, and halfway through remembered they were supposed to do Chris Evans and patched up what they had.

Sad, because the rest of the figure looks excellent.

That was me haha, something about the slick back hair with the beard and that actual stern facial expression reminds me of younger season rick.. the problem is the jaw line needs to be bigger or fluffier due to his thick beard.

Does it looks slightly like Andy Lincoln? Sure, in the every white slim faced bearded white guy look. But it looks infinitely more like Evans. If hot toys put that sculpt up for a grimes head people would say it looks nothing like Andy.

It's also a prototype sculpt that was done before the movie came out. I will not be surprised if it's tweaked before it's released next year. Yulli did the sculpt, and she typically does an amazing job. I have faith that this will not be the exception.

It's also a prototype sculpt that was done before the movie came out. I will not be surprised if it's tweaked before it's released next year. Yulli did the sculpt, and she typically does an amazing job. I have faith that this will not be the exception.

Yeah, IMO the production run is the thing. I thought the proto CW Bucky looked amazing but in hand (while I like him a lot) IMO he's a bit generic. Unless I guess I wanna pay for a custom paint job.

No way I'd cancel, I want this Cap:drool. I figure they may do 1-3 more? re IW2 and then on to the next MCU. So not that many more Evans Caps to get, anyway.

Yeah, IMO the production run is the thing. I thought the proto CW Bucky looked amazing but in hand (while I like him a lot) IMO he's a bit generic. Unless I guess I wanna pay for a custom paint job.

No way I'd cancel, I want this Cap:drool. I figure they may do 1-3 more? re IW2 and then on to the next MCU. So not that many more Evans Caps to get, anyway.

Yeah, because they haven't been remaking Star Wars toys for the last 40 years :lol

I think there will be a slight break, but in 4-5 years you will start seeing the '15 year, 20 year anniversary, ect... waves'.

Yeah, because they haven't been remaking Star Wars toys for the last 40 years :lol

I think there will be a slight break, but in 4-5 years you will start seeing the '15 year, 20 year anniversary, ect... waves'.

Interesting. Dunno if u mean movies. SW IMO unique that movies created an entire extended universe. Comics around for a while, but new MCU has hundreds of characters to draw on. New sells.

Personally, I see myself drawing down MCU collecting. Might not. Haven't collected "classic" versions of figs e.g. like the SSC polys or SSC Thor yet. Re the 10-year MCU run - I dunno. New characters, cast changes, even Fiege sez the day will come when they have a film bomb. Like so far I've no interest in Captain Marvel and even if I did I'd be after the SSC poly.

For me, I like having figs from Cap's movie run - the whole arc tho I don't have all the Caps. It was the 10 year that was the splurge for me, not the Wakanda Cap. IMO there's a limit to getting milked and can't afford infinite milking anyway. Since I don't plan on selling interested to see what Cap & co. and whatever I have ends up going for over time...will my collection be worth thousands LOL.

After deliberation, I think I’m going to pass on this. I’ve been trying to curtail the amount of Cap figures I have; I don’t need to add more.

Back