1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its either a broken shield or Proxima's spear.

I used to think the same about the spear but it's been shown in the trailers. It's not something that would spoil anything related to the movie. I could be wrong.

So doesn’t look like this was the quick sellout like the Golden Age and Battling Edition Movie Promo Cap figures. I’m happy to be getting it either way though and was intent on getting him anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to get the promo version but ordering from Sideshow is too expensive so I'll just have to do without the extra stuff or get it separately.

It ships in the same box size..not to mention its only like $16 more. Aftermarket prices PER exclusive item will be $50+. Makes no sense not to get the promo..

It ships in the same box size..not to mention its only like $16 more. Aftermarket prices PER exclusive item will be $50+. Makes no sense not to get the promo..

:lecture
You can technically buy this figure at a cheaper price by getting some money back by selling the EX item.
average price of EX item is $50, even when it's a stupid extra piece. People go crazy for EX item for some reason.
And sometimes when the extra piece it comes with is something nice, it can even fetch for $100 or more.

So doesn’t look like this was the quick sellout like the Golden Age and Battling Edition Movie Promo Cap figures. I’m happy to be getting it either way though and was intent on getting him anyways.

Same here, i bought it because i like Cap. The others had a release date a lot closer to the PO. This is releasing the same time as the regular so they can make as many as they want.

Yeah that’s true. I think I got the Battling Edition only a few months or so after ordering.

Unless you’re not American. Trashcat is in Germany. The promo is only available through Sideshow = international shipping, customs etc
The standard can be ordered locally and avoid all that.
They said Sideshow is too expensive, not the movie promo version.

Unless you’re not American. Trashcat is in Germany. The promo is only available through Sideshow = international shipping, customs etc
The standard can be ordered locally and avoid all that.
They said Sideshow is too expensive, not the movie promo version.

I was under the impression she pre-ordered from Sideshow but had opted for the regular version due to cost.

My mistake, sorry.

Lol makes sense for people outside the US who have to pay additional custom fees and import taxes on top of everything. The regular version costs ~$310 here and if I decide to go the extra mile and preorder the promo version from Sideshow directly, it will cost me about $390. You'd pay that much for an extra base and weapon? I wouldn’t.

Lol makes sense for people outside the US who have to pay additional custom fees and import taxes on top of everything. The regular version costs ~$310 here and if I decide to go the extra mile and preorder the promo version from Sideshow directly, it will cost me about $390. You'd pay that much for an extra base and weapon? I wouldn’t.

No, I already caught and apologized for my mistake. Read up

No, I already caught and apologized for my mistake. Read up
Oh I did of course. But just coz you did that doesn't mean I can't give an explanation myself as you replied to one of my posts. :slap Especially coz I went all the way and added numbers to show how ****ing expensive this hobby is for a lot of people outside the US.

Oh I did of course. But just coz you did that doesn't mean I can't give an explanation myself as you replied to one of my posts. :slap Especially coz I went all the way and added numbers to show how ****ing expensive this hobby is for a lot of people outside the US.

Its expensive for people in the US as well. Why do you think I have that ****** looking Bucky rooted hair? :)

Its expensive for people in the US as well. Why do you think I have that ****** looking Bucky rooted hair? :)
giphy.gif

Because you like it? Different tastes and all.

And of course it's expensive everywhere, just not the same kinda expensive. :wink1:

Anyway~~, I feel that I'm gonna be okay. ^^ I'm only really interested in a few figures from the Infinity War line and half of the characters on my wishlist will probably never be made so it's not gonna be that expensive. If the extra weapon is the shield, I'll hunt it down later but if it's just Proxima's spear or something else, I will pass. I'm not gonna display him with it anyway and I don't use HT bases so I don't need that either. :)

giphy.gif

Because you like it? Different tastes and all.

And of course it's expensive everywhere, just not the same kinda expensive. :wink1:

Anyway~~, I feel that I'm gonna be okay. ^^ I'm only really interested in a few figures from the Infinity War line and half of the characters on my wishlist will probably never be made so it's not gonna be that expensive. If the extra weapon is the shield, I'll hunt it down later but if it's just Proxima's spear or something else, I will pass. I'm not gonna display him with it anyway and I don't use HT bases so I don't need that either. :)

It was good enough for the low price.

Anyways, we're on different wavelengths. Good luck with your collection!

Preordered the regular version today. I'd love to get the promo version but ordering from Sideshow is too expensive so I'll just have to do without the extra stuff or get it separately.

They have it on kghobby as well. Don't know if that would work out better than SS.

They have it on kghobby as well. Don't know if that would work out better than SS.
I'm not sure either tbh, I never placed an order with them before. Shipping isn't too bad but I dunno if they undervalue and whether or not their packages get caught by customs. If not, they're a great option. Does anyone from Europe have any experiences with them?

@ TräshCät

i'm from germany as well and ordered from KG before. They are in business for a very long time now. There shouldn't be a problem buying from them. It always helps to ask them questions up front ;-)
bis denne !

They need to do a little more tweaking on the removed star size and his face sculpt. Other than that, great looking fig!!

Waited for Day 4 to finally go to the HT Avengers exhibition. Top to bottom, took me 2 hours waiting in line to order the Special edition Cap.

Went to SB on the weekend, no line up, could have walked away with ordering the Regular version 5 min tops. Oh well... the staff persuaded it would be worth the effort to get the special edition. That "extra" weapon hopefully will be worth hit. 1 of the weapons probably gonna be another ****ing shield. I mean.. what else could it be... The other weapon hopefully is a Black Order weapon.

I'm not sure either tbh, I never placed an order with them before. Shipping isn't too bad but I dunno if they undervalue and whether or not their packages get caught by customs. If not, they're a great option. Does anyone from Europe have any experiences with them?

I'm from Europe too. I've ordered a couple of figures with KG recently. However haven't actually received anything from them yet. New figures not yet released. I've seen them mentioned many times on the forums here before though. Plus you can tell them to reduce the price for customs.

Back