1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered..probably the most bare boned Cap HT I ever owned..really basic but I guess we’ll see how he is in the film. Then I’ll see if I keep my order :dunno

I preordered..probably the most bare boned Cap HT I ever owned..really basic but I guess we’ll see how he is in the film. Then I’ll see if I keep my order :dunno

It's not that he's barebones, there's 2 more things they haven't revealed yet. Seems to put him on par with the other releases.

Marvel will probably bring in the female versions after this story arc is over

Roger that. :wink1:
We can only hope.

fd3KGBb.jpg

If they bring in another actor for either role, it's going to have to be a multiverse or alternate dimension version. Which with Strange, they have free reign to do - it's their ticket to the Spider-Verse anyhow. I wouldn't have a problem with, once the dust has settled and a few films have gone by, that a dimensional rift "brings us" a new Cap or Iron Man. But the catch is that this can't be a one day to the next move. Down the road only.

Marvel may not pass on the Captain America title to someone else if Evans leaves. Assuming they do Captain Marvel right, Brie Larson could assume his role as the emotional leader of the Avengers going forward. They can give Bucky another iconic moment with the shield, but I don't see the need for either him or Sam taking on the Captain America mantle.

That would be cool, as long as they cast someone with great charisma like Chris Evans. This is the main reason i feel the whole Bucky Cap thing wont work. Because they havent really given us any personality, let alone a charismatic one, for Bucky. He would make a boring Captain America, potentially. Granted, they could probably change that... But... I'd rather just have them bring someone else in to play Steve Rogers I think.

Same with Falcon...to a lesser degree perhaps. We've seen Steve is the HEART of what Captain America is. He WAS Captain America even before he put on the suit. I dont see that with Bucky or Falcon...not without more of an "origin story" for those characters, which is now I little too late. They'd really have to SHOW themselves to BE Captain America at heart.

BUT... with the Infinity Gauntlet, I could also see somewhat of a soft reboot for characters/actors like Cap and Iron Man. Perhaps. Thus making a different actor a little more tolerable for some.

Well, I don't agree with any of that...I mean Sebastian Stan did more saying nothing than any number of leads IMO. And Mackie's line delivery is perfection - fantastic actors. Folks forget that for many Captain America was the "most boring Avenger" until TWS so IMO think a lot of credit goes to the Russos. Bucky's been handling the shield for a while now, too, in the movies.

Not that I don't agree with what you are saying; that Evans makes a great Cap and I've got plenty of him on the shelf. But I'm ready for the edgier Cap of Bucky Barnes from the comics. At least for a while. But it might not happen as the current Bucky is loved as a sort of anti-hero ("White Wolf") and putting Mackie in as Falcon gives another nod to diversity and all that. (It's not that I, personally, wouldn't prefer a WS/BW solo movie anyway. Maybe something that comes out of their pasts that needs to be put to rest etc. and Disney could distance itself and it could have an R rating.)

Far as I knew Feige is touting BP and Spiderman re a "new MCU" tho. Guardians. Captain Marvel I guess. So far not that enthused but my wallet might be.

Maybe this is the sort of shield hell end up using . Coulson uses it in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Sorry if this has already been mentioned
133c1198d57156a7ad9ccd90d989562c.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time

Maybe this is the sort of shield hell end up using . Coulson uses it in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Sorry if this has already been mentioned
133c1198d57156a7ad9ccd90d989562c.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time

Oh this is cool, haven't seen this. I fell off at about the half way point of Agents of Shield in season 4. Couldn't stay up to watch it, when I played them on Hulu they buffer and pause way too much so I've not caught up yet. This is a pretty cool idea for a new tech shield. Thanks for sharing this.

It's not that he's barebones, there's 2 more things they haven't revealed yet. Seems to put him on par with the other releases.

:lol You keep telling yourself that..it’s not only the accessories that make him barebones IMO. It’s the design of the suit..dull, boring and drab ( I know he is in hiding..but still) I just don’t see Captain America anymore in this version and I get that but, I just prefer the look of AOU Cap the best so far , especially in a HT version :lecture

Just as a fun fact, it's kind of cool that this figure is exactly 200 MMS numbers after AoU Cap, which was MMS281.

I understand.
Honestly, this also goes against my new code of collecting of avoiding multiple figures of the same character.
I went through the great purge of letting go of excess figures with the exception of batman...cause...well...it's batman. Lol

So when I saw that Evans is basically wearing a weathered CW suit, I kept telling myself that I only need the head if I want to kinda display that look.
But this figure fixes some of my nitpicks of my CW figure. I think the physique is much better. I do feel the CW figure is a little on the bulky side, so this slimmer figure fixes my biggest nitpick.
I love the weathered and new texture of the suit.

I will say, the costume designers of the movie have made a great great job of making somethimg that is the almost the same, yet, also so different.
Kinda hard for me to pass since he's my favorite marvel character.

Yeah, I gotcha.

I recently unloaded a lot of stuff to trim out my collection, mostly MCU stuff from TWS and AoU (outside of the core Avengers group) and am in the process of unloading some Star Wars stuff from TFA. Being that my goal was to curtail MCU stuff in the first place, I don't like the idea of just turning right around and buying another MCU figure. :lol

However, this figure does look really good and I do have Gladiator Thor on PO, so if I do on the very small chance end up getting this figure, I'd probably pair him with Gladiator Thor to represent two completely different looks of each character.

I do concur also that CW Cap seems a little too bulky. I actually like the proportions of AoU Cap better after having both and seeing the two for awhile now.

No shield, no buy.

Not to fond of that head sculpt either.

Yeah, not offending Wakanda’s technology..but Cap needs the Stars and Stripes shield. This film needs to put a phenomal performance with this suit look and Wakanda shields to make think otherwise :lecture

I am only speculating, but I will not be surprised if we will get some sort of shield for this Cap figure. I noticed that he has a shield throwing hand (just like with AoU and CW) although Hot Toys calls it an "opened left hand" as of now.

Yeah, not offending Wakanda’s technology..but Cap needs the Stars and Stripes shield. This film needs to put a phenomal performance with this suit look and Wakanda shields to make think otherwise :lecture

Well the old shield is vibranium so I don’t see why he couldn’t have shuri make him a new one. Not like they don’t have a mountian of the stuff

Well the old shield is vibranium so I don’t see why he couldn’t have shuri make him a new one. Not like they don’t have a mountian of the stuff

Well in the MCU, seems everything revolves around Howard Stark aside from GOTG and Thor, and because of Bucky, it seems like Cap resents any affiliation with Stark so that would probably show us why he didn’t design a new one

Just as a fun fact, it's kind of cool that this figure is exactly 200 MMS numbers after AoU Cap, which was MMS281.

Yeah, I gotcha.

I recently unloaded a lot of stuff to trim out my collection, mostly MCU stuff from TWS and AoU (outside of the core Avengers group) and am in the process of unloading some Star Wars stuff from TFA. Being that my goal was to curtail MCU stuff in the first place, I don't like the idea of just turning right around and buying another MCU figure. :lol

However, this figure does look really good and I do have Gladiator Thor on PO, so if I do on the very small chance end up getting this figure, I'd probably pair him with Gladiator Thor to represent two completely different looks of each character.

I do concur also that CW Cap seems a little too bulky. I actually like the proportions of AoU Cap better after having both and seeing the two for awhile now.

C'mon, you already have 6 caps...what's another one. It might possibly turn out to be the best one. :stick
lol...just kidding. Being a bad influence. :lol

Yeah, I was initially underwhelmed when I first got my CW Cap. Was actually kinda upset cause I just sold my AOU right before I got the CW figure.
On pictures, it always looks like the CW looks slimmer, I guess cause of it being darker and also with the blue sleeves. So I sold my AOU to update it with CW, and I almost regretted it. Once I got my CW, I almost wished I kept my AOU. Like you said, the proportions of the upper torso was better on the AOU.
The thing though that makes me prefer the CW overall is the pants. The AOU knee pads have a mind of their own and me being OCD when posing figures, its hard to pose the figure cause the knee pads wont go where I want it to.

thats why I'm digging this IW cap. I can see the proportions looks better than CW.

Last edited:
The promo hasn’t sold out yet. Wonder if movie promo just means ‘exclusive’ in this case, they usually go faster.

Back