1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps a recycled CW gritted teeth sculpt?

F2C3CB17-DEA4-447F-9143-F1EBC374BD00.jpeg

Is anyone else underwhelmed by Cap's long-awaited appearance in scale-maille? I was hoping for a more comic accurate suit...but this is essentially just the CW suit with some texture on it...

I don't think I could justify owning CW Cap and this one since it's pretty much the same...I dunno I guess it's gonna need to depend on how it looks in the movie and what HT ultimately does with the final product.

I’m in the same boat.

I really like the CW suit; it’s actually my favorite Cap suit. But I really like the look of it with the scale pattern. I’d probably just get the EG figure and then sell my CW Cap, especially if this one includes a gritted teeth sculpt as well. Like you said though, all depends how it looks in the film and what the figure itself actually looks like.

I personally never really liked the comic scaled suit. I like this one because it combines the scales and the CW suit.

I'm not overly impressed by the scale-maille design either. It looks more crosshatch pattern than true scale-maille, but I guess that's due to their trying to modernize the appearance. But I suppose if the fit & body are upgrades on par with the IW and Concept Art Caps I will cave and pre-order it, especially if this is the last we see of Cap in the MCU.

I'm not overly impressed by the scale-maille design either. It looks more crosshatch pattern than true scale-maille, but I guess that's due to their trying to modernize the appearance. But I suppose if the fit & body are upgrades on par with the IW and Concept Art Caps I will cave and pre-order it, especially if this is the last we see of Cap in the MCU.

Yeah. Tho "it has been said" that HT and probably others will milk the license for years. Maybe:dunno. If the single largest determination to make a figure or not for HT is - "is this a new or latest character?" who knows if HT would ever make a DX Cap or something.

But, getting an EG Cap is a given for me, and HT will probably release more than one. Most of my favs are among the dusted, so I've idly wondered with some weird time thing if Bucky will make an appearance with the original arm. Or maybe the Hydra capture never happens at all!:horror

Just idly speculating - who makes it back, who doesn't, and who HT makes a fig for. Be nice if Loki re-appeared tho I am still paying off the Ragnarok Loki.:(

I'm happy to stick with AOU unless this Endgame suit is really good. I hated the IW figure so rebought the AOU back.

Im collecting the IW and EG line. After EG, I doubt I'll be into MCU as much as I used to. Gotta leave it at a high-note with those lines.

Same here. I pretty much stopped collecting from the MCU after CW, and even now, am still contemplating on downsizing the MCU collection even more.

I do have interest in the EG Cap figure though because I’m a Cap fan and I like the look of the scaled suit.

I am the opposite. I can’t justify not getting every version of Cap, lol.
I have every one so far and I won’t stop now.

It's weird cause I'm a big Cap fan, yet I only own 1 figure of him. With that being said, I really hope with EG we get all re-tooled and updated 2.0 versions of the older Cap suits with better proportions.

Would love to finally own the strike suits version and even though I hate A1 Cap suit, if they updated it with a better/more accurate headsculpt then I'd be down.

Im collecting the IW and EG line. After EG, I doubt I'll be into MCU as much as I used to. Gotta leave it at a high-note with those lines.

I've been saying the same thing, for a lot of characters, after every movie but it's rare anybodys suit ever gets a downgrade from the previous version. I feel like they're always improving on each characters designs.

So I've just learned to be able to pick and choose better rather than giving myself any ultimatum. We're all collectors and sure we can stop collecting gradually but can anybody really say they have a "finish line" for something?:lol

I'd love a 2.0 TFA and Strike Suit Cap. I'd be fine getting an original but I don't want to spend the asking price for a flaky shield and undersized figure.

Same here. I have both TFA and SS Cap. Out of the two, I’d say SS Cap is probably more in need of a 2.0 version because even though TFA Cap is on a smaller body, he doesn’t look disproportionate the way SS Cap does with the flat chest. I have the other TFA figures and when you have TFA Cap posed with them, he doesn’t look out of place because they’re all roughly the same size.

Since TFA outfit is essentially ground zero for Cap and the first Cap suit, that’s why I can see HT going back and updating him. Bigger body, die-cast shield, perhaps an unhelmeted sculpt, etc.

Same here. I have both TFA and SS Cap. Out of the two, I’d say SS Cap is probably more in need of a 2.0 version because even though TFA Cap is on a smaller body, he doesn’t look disproportionate the way SS Cap does with the flat chest. I have the other TFA figures and when you have TFA Cap posed with them, he doesn’t look out of place because they’re all roughly the same size.

Since TFA outfit is essentially ground zero for Cap and the first Cap suit, that’s why I can see HT going back and updating him. Bigger body, die-cast shield, perhaps an unhelmeted sculpt, etc.

I agree the TFA Cap looks fine size-wise, but he could use a more accurate head sculpt. As for HT offering an updated version, didn't they essentially do that with the Golden Age release for CA:TWS? Not that it was much of an improvement, but it makes me think a third release is unlikely.

I'm more inclined to think they'll release a Strike Suit 2.0 version, especially since we saw it in the first Endgame trailer. Not that we should believe everything we see in an MCU trailer...

This version of a HT Cap is really going to be one of a kind now that it looks like he ditches the beard and outfit in AEG :lecture

Can’t wait for the EG version even if it’s a rehash of the previous outfits. Wonder if HT will make a Quantum Suit :dunno

Last edited:
Back