1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Kind of leaning towards getting this one because I like Cap’s new look. I’m digging the new Thor too. Just sucks about the Infinity War price hike.

HT is taking advantage of highly anticipated movie to go on the new price level. It's awful.

I understand everyone’s frustration regarding prices. But once in a while we are reminded that they are a business first. We don’t know if the price hike is hot toys or Disneys decision. Either way it still sucks for us collectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of leaning towards getting this one because I like Cap’s new look. I’m digging the new Thor too. Just sucks about the Infinity War price hike.

Same here, will be nice to have a different looking Cap on the shelf :) This price hike though :horror I'm gonna have to be super selective about who I order from this film!

They need to work on the area where the star was for the figure (It's far too big on the proto in the teaser pic), but at least there is already evidence of the "scale-mail" like battle-damage areas on the chest.

u6g59lckpbk01.png

Last edited:

I wonder why he still wears the harnesses (that looks like backpack straps) for the shield he no longer has?

They need to work on the area where the star was for the figure (It's far too big on the proto in the teaser pic), but at least there is already evidence of the "scale-mail" like battle-damage areas on the chest.

u6g59lckpbk01.png

So Cap is in Wakanda because what was revealed at the end of BP right?

So Cap is in Wakanda because what was revealed at the end of BP right?

I suppose, maybe, I don't think anything in BP explicitly explains why Cap is there other *spoiler*.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But, over all I think we could guess Cap would find Wakanada a safe space to be while being on the run from the end of Civil War. I don't think BP really gives us much more information than that. My guess is Cap will be in Wakanda most in IW because that is where he is needed to help fend off a threat.

It's likely... I'd say it's a rallying point as well since Natasha, Bruce and War Machine (In the trailer) are also there. The siege on Wakanda is very ambiguous at this point. I'm kinda glad they haven't given away too many key story elements in the trailers... yet.

I suppose, maybe, I don't think anything in BP explicitly explains why Cap is there other *spoiler*.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But, over all I think we could guess Cap would find Wakanada a safe space to be while being on the run from the end of Civil War. I don't think BP really gives us much more information than that. My guess is Cap will be in Wakanda most in IW because that is where he is needed to help fend off a threat.

True but it’s evident in CW and WS that Cap and you know who are tied to the hip so makes sense why Cap is there.

Why does Cap need a shield too? I’ve watched CW many times , there’s nothing wrong with the old one :dunno

Last edited:

I wonder why he still wears the harnesses (that looks like backpack straps) for the shield he no longer has?

Probably just to help him keep good posture:D

Why does Cap need a shield too? I’ve watched CW many times , there’s nothing wrong with the old one :dunno

Maybe because he left the old one with Tony and never asked T'Challa to make him a new one?:dunno

:rotfl hilarious
NLNaOJi4S16L._UX960_TTW__.jpg

hmmmmm, maybe you missed something (or I am misunderstanding your question)... because at the end of CW he left his shield with Stark and no longer has one.

Maybe because he left the old one with Tony and never asked T'Challa to make him a new one?:dunno

I guess you’re right.. Tony said “ My father made that shield “ . Again this is an issue that I have with the MCU about everything revolving around Howard Stark. I guess Feige figured it’s easy to tie all the characters together this way.

:rotfl hilarious
View attachment 397902

hmmmmm, maybe you missed something (or I am misunderstanding your question)... because at the end of CW he left his shield with Stark and no longer has one.

:lol but we don’t know that yet if the wakanda shield can’t attach to the back..after all, Wakanda knows about Vibrainum

:lol but we don’t know that yet if the wakanda shield can’t attach to the back..after all, Wakanda knows about Vibrainum

Maybe... though it looks like the shield(s) they give him fit on his arms and expand. Not sure why they would need to go on his back if they can retract and just be worn on his forearms. Maybe he gets his shield back, or one like it at some point and the filmmakers just wanted to leave the harness on so he had it for that movement; or maybe they just thought it looks cool.

Maybe... though it looks like the shield(s) they give him fit on his arms and expand. Not sure why they would need to go on his back if they can retract and just be worn on his forearms. Maybe he gets his shield back, or one like it at some point and the filmmakers just wanted to leave the harness on so he had it for that movement; or maybe they just thought it looks cool.

Yeah, we’ll just have to see how it plays out, but no offense to the MCU design but IMO it’s just not the same for Cap without the circular RWB or silver shield. They must have something big planned for MCU Cap in the years to come.

u6g59lckpbk01.png

I feel like i should be offering Steve my spare change, but i know he would just blow it on some mad dog or steel reserve.

Yeah I understand that Widow is in hiding too, but how is changing her hair color help when her face looks the same. If the government or S.H.I.E.L.D. Fcan’t figure that out then oh brother :slap

I feel like i should be offering Steve my spare change, but i know he would just blow it on some mad dog or steel reserve.

I’m glad he didn’t go back to the first Avengers outfit :lol

Back