1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's vague, considering a lot of the other reasons stated revolved around the assumption that the homemade suit would have only a brief cameo in the film.

And as that's now been proven false, perhaps THAT would be why "anyone would think it would change people's opinions."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Cool. Good to know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The level of knee jerk reaction over Homecoming and the possible figures related to, is bursting at the seems here. :rotfl

The level of knee jerk reaction over Homecoming and the possible figures related to, is bursting at the seems here. :rotfl
Yeah, these knee-jerk reactions go both ways. Some go completely for it, against it, or did a complete 180 and probably contributed to SS being sold out.

Did this actually go to waitlist!? It's still showing up for pre-order on SS.

"...if you are nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it." - Tony Stark the hypocrite. :rotfl

:)

96888a121b3e62c44398c2fa751d3d1a.jpg

Not really :wink1:

lol, well hypocrites have a way of justifying things don't they? But, that's all talk and actions speak louder than words and clearly he couldn't live without his suits, which is why he is currently living without Pepper.

"A few years ago I almost lost her so I trashed all my suits. Then we had to mop up Hydra. Then Ultron, my fault. And then, and then, and then. I never stopped. 'Cause the truth is I don't wanna stop." - Tony Stark

Yup, exactly. He is a hypocrite.

Stark is a loser. I hope he dies in Infinity Wars.

Yup, exactly. He is a hypocrite.

Stark is a loser. I hope he dies in Infinity Wars.

:rotfl hilarious!

I think his hypocrisy is part of his 'charm', and it reminds us how easy it is for all of to walk down that road. I don't hate the character, I like these stories of 'flawed' heroes and how in or humanity sometimes overcoming ourselves is harder than overcoming "enemies".

"...if you are nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it." - Tony Stark the hypocrite. :rotfl

Not really. One of the main pillars of Iron Man 3's story was Tony questioning whether he is "just a guy in a suit" and proving to himself that he's a hero/the man he thinks he is outside of the suit as well.

So I think he's just trying to pass on a lesson learned.

I mean, the guy did bust out of a terrorist camp using a bunch of she did successfully infiltrate a terrorist compound with stuff from a Home Depot. He's not totally taking out of the ass there.

Not really. One of the main pillars of Iron Man 3's story was Tony questioning whether he is "just a guy in a suit" and proving to himself that he's a hero/the man he thinks he is outside of the suit as well.

So I think he's just trying to pass on a lesson learned.

I mean, the guy did bust out of a terrorist camp using a bunch of she did successfully infiltrate a terrorist compound with stuff from a Home Depot. He's not totally taking out of the ass there.

All fair points, and not untrue, and yet also do not completely exonerate the character of any hypocrisy. Which is why the complexities of such characters are so fun and speak to a 'truth' beyond comic books and comic book movies when done well. The reality is (as far as the fictional narrative of the movies goes) Tony can't give up the suits, his identity is tied to them and so (if the narrative continues to be true to itself) he will continue to wrestle with who he is and over compensate, like most of us do, through grand declarations (like to Cap in the Avengers clip) or grand gestures like blowing up all of his suits even though he won't be able to really live without them.

Anyway, this is not an "argument" to "win"; but part of the fun of exploring what really is good characterization which taps into something more real than just "superheroes".

That line doesnt make sense to me. Spiderman's powers arent tied to his suit and Tony's suit didnt augment his powers in any way it's just "cool". SM was already fighting crime before Tony found him in a homemade suit so why would it be such a crutch now? maybe that's answered in the movie.

That line doesnt make sense to me. Spiderman's powers arent tied to his suit and Tony's suit didnt augment his powers in any way it's just "cool". SM was already fighting crime before Tony found him in a homemade suit so why would it be such a crutch now? maybe that's answered in the movie.

Good point, maybe the movie will answer that question. I hope so, otherwise, you're right, it doesn't really make much sense. Maybe, Peter forgets that, maybe he is so fixated on trying to be like Iron Man he forgets to be himself and needs to lose the suit to remember that. We'll see.

Ah crap..looks like this suit is going to be featured big in this film :slap

Looks like I have to order it now

Why are we calling Stark a hypocrite? The Tony in IM is completely different from post-CW Tony. It's part of his character development. Pretty sure we all have heard that one.

Back