1/6 Hot Toys - MMS402/3 - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why was everyone so down on that pun though? Don't we already have Vader making quips in the OT already? I didn't see at as being any different to "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" lol.

Not the end of the world, but 1) I find puns to be a different level of (bad) humor than some other quip and 2) He has so little dialogue in the movie that it really stands out. Such a build up to his introduction in the flick that ending with that still takes me out of the moment every time.

Why was everyone so down on that pun though? Don't we already have Vader making quips in the OT already? I didn't see at as being any different to "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" lol.

Agree with this. Vader in my opinion has had a unique blend of dry wit and wise ass responses:

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

After easily deflecting Solo's laser blasts: "We would be honored if you would join us."

"Asteroids do not concern me."

"I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

"Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?"

"He's as clumsy as he is stupid."

"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Those are the ones that come to mind for me and why Vader's choking on aspirations line in R1 wasn't really surprising to me.

Not the end of the world, but 1) I find puns to be a different level of (bad) humor than some other quip and 2) He has so little dialogue in the movie that it really stands out. Such a build up to his introduction in the flick that ending with that still takes me out of the moment every time.

I can see how it'd stand out a bit more, given his limited dialogue in the film.

It wouldn't have bothered me if he wasn't literally choking the guy at the time. Would have still been in line with his humor (since we know he's a fan of choking dudes) and been menacing, etc. Anyhow, different strokes for different folks and all that.

It is a bad pun and don't let anyone tell you different. 'Forced' connection between the act of 'chocking' and Krennic's MO.

See what I did there? Now that's a pun.

Agree with this. Vader in my opinion has had a unique blend of dry wit and wise ass responses:

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

After easily deflecting Solo's laser blasts: "We would be honored if you would join us."

"Asteroids do not concern me."

"I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

"Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?"

"He's as clumsy as he is stupid."

"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Those are the ones that come to mind for me and why Vader's choking on aspirations line in R1 wasn't really surprising to me.

I can see how it'd stand out a bit more, given his limited dialogue in the film.

None of those are puns though. It's more like just dry humor. Puns always have a degree of groan about them as people "get" it and roll their eyes.

Thank goodness Vader didn't have the face-off battle with Chirrut - "Your blind devotion to the Jedi..." :rotfl

I mean they'd have to stop dueling for a second, half turn to the camera knowingly, then return to dueling.:lol

That line didn't really bother me at all, but to each their own.

This figure looks really good, but it's not something I need in my display right now.

17426183_10154326925577344_4312854014283393639_n.jpg

17504648_10154326883597344_8633093377114633626_o.jpg

17504912_10154326877182344_1540405344028327651_o.jpg

17492900_10154326874562344_5559998038490738396_o.jpg

17545447_10154326874417344_8895700800655768263_o.jpg

17504976_10154326874062344_2988857389233983567_o.jpg

Figures.........EVERYTHING gets delayed three months at a minimum and this guy comes out early. Also with fancy packaging and they nail him to boot.

While I'm really looking forward to this one... I'm also waiting for them to put up Baze. I think this version of Donnie Yen looks great!

Just to balance out the cancellations, I was persuaded to place a pre-order yesterday (alter ego).

I did expect Hot Toys would do an extra good job for Donnie Yen and I'm happy to see that it is the case.

As usual, nothing fancy, just showing you what you get out of the box. Any of you on the fence, I hope it helps you make a decision.:hi5:

As usual, nothing fancy, just showing you what you get out of the box. Any of you on the fence, I hope it helps you make a decision.:hi5:

Always love you reviews man great one. I cannot wait for this figure looks fantastic.

Thanks man. You won't be disappointed. Yeah HT seems to be flying light years ahead in the post production process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one slightly disappointed by the headsculpt? It doesn't feel like it has enough definition. You could say it was the effects of softening that occur from prototype to production, but I even felt the prototype was a bit soft looking/ didn't quite capture Yen's "angles".

Back