1/6 Hot Toys - MMS402/3 - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one slightly disappointed by the headsculpt? It doesn't feel like it has enough definition. You could say it was the effects of softening that occur from prototype to production, but I even felt the prototype was a bit soft looking/ didn't quite capture Yen's "angles".

Yes, I think you might be, haha. I think it looks scary, creepily good.

I received my Chirrut Deluxe yesterday, probably one of Hot Toys best in terms of head sculpt....

chirruthead.jpg

chirrut2.jpg

chirrut1.jpg

Just your pics kinda make me wanna pick it up =P lol

Pick up the Deluxe version if you can. The diorama and stormtrooper helmet is a nice addition and the art box is gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out a way to display the figure with the art box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for this dude. Unfortunately my set up won't let me display boxes but man that box is sleek! Trying to figure out how to pose him! Def going staff.

Just your pics kinda make me wanna pick it up =P lol

It's a dangerous thread. :lecture

Donnie Yen whupping on Stormtroopers is one of my favourite scenes (two of those set-pieces in Jedha City, actually -- initial battle of Saw's insurgents vs. Empire, and Chirrut's intervention).

I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about this character, but he holds up for me in subsequent viewings. I'm also a huge Kung Fu and Bruce Lee fan, so it's maybe no surprise.

As for the genre-bending, Star Wars has done that from the beginning so I'm good with that.

Why was everyone so down on that pun though? Don't we already have Vader making quips in the OT already? I didn't see at as being any different to "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" lol.

I dig it. Vader in ESB was a Bond villain. I loved his line in RO. I mean, how seriously can I take an armoured Space Samurai in a cape? The dark humour's cool. :lol

That looks so good !! I've been trying to withstand getting this guy. Knew I shouldn't have come to this thread !

chirrut2.jpg

It's a dangerous thread. :lecture

Donnie Yen whupping on Stormtroopers is one of my favourite scenes (two of those set-pieces in Jedha City, actually -- initial battle of Saw's insurgents vs. Empire, and Chirrut's intervention).

I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about this character, but he holds up for me in subsequent viewings. I'm also a huge Kung Fu and Bruce Lee fan, so it's maybe no surprise.

As for the genre-bending, Star Wars has done that from the beginning so I'm good with that.

Does he knock them out with that stick? Or does he somehow use the force channeled through that stick? I kept thinking it would be like hitting a person who's wearing a motorcycle helmet with a broom handle - they'd definitely feel it, but no way could you knock them out. But the same problem exists with Jyn's little baton thing - which I assume has no force aspect.

Does he knock them out with that stick? Or does he somehow use the force channeled through that stick? I kept thinking it would be like hitting a person who's wearing a motorcycle helmet with a broom handle - they'd definitely feel it, but no way could you knock them out. But the same problem exists with Jyn's little baton thing - which I assume has no force aspect.

If the stick had a heavy metal core, maybe it'd work. Or...not. :rotfl

Jyn's baton is kinda dumb, but them's the breaks.

I'm not clear on the whole helmet thing. I know they prevent skull fractures and maybe other brain injuries? But they don't stop concussions.

Vader and Chirrut might be might only two figures for now. Those pics looks good and the eyes are amazing.

If the stick had a heavy metal core, maybe it'd work. Or...not. :rotfl

Jyn's baton is kinda dumb, but them's the breaks.

I'm not clear on the whole helmet thing. I know they prevent skull fractures and maybe other brain injuries? But they don't stop concussions.

Then every military and SWAT team in the world needs to cut helmets from the budget. Top brass to Pentagon designers - "You mean all these years they didn't even stop concussions?!":horror:lol

I just thought the RO batons and sticks killing/knocking cold stormies was a new low in humilation of our white armored bozos. It took the Ewok stuff to a new level of silliness - at least there you could argue Ewoks had unobtainium-tipped arrows and between-the-armor dagger blows.:rotfl

Apparantly there is a Kyber Cristal in the end metal bit which gives it more power i guess....

I still think they should have gone with something like the Magma Guard staff which was also had ties to the Jedi, and dare I say it the Prequels......

images.jpegimages-2.jpeg

Then every military and SWAT team in the world needs to cut helmets from the budget. Top brass to Pentagon designers - "You mean all these years they didn't even stop concussions?!":horror:lol

I just thought the RO batons and sticks killing/knocking cold stormies was a new low in humilation of our white armored bozos. It took the Ewok stuff to a new level of silliness - at least there you could argue Ewoks had unobtainium-tipped arrows and between-the-armor dagger blows.:rotfl

As a former fighter I'm well-acquainted with the giving and receiving of concussions. A concussion occurs when your brain shakes, particularly if it bounces off the interior of your skull, resulting in nerve damage, soft tissue damage etc.

A helmet won't protect you from that if you're struck hard enough; it will prevent your skull fracturing, and will of course disperse the force of lighter blows.

I'm not clear on how effective they are -- given the controversy surrounding concussions in the NFL, they obviously have shortcomings.

RE: the military -- modern helmets can stop shrapnel and even some rounds depending on caliber and range. Stormtrooper armour has always struck me as something designed to minimize fatalities rather than grant immunity. Plus it looks cool.

At least it's consistent with how easily they were incapacitated by those little rock whip things during the Battle of Endor in RotJ, just before this scene where Wicket used it on himself in a silly manner. :lol

tumblr_ll2to1u3ZI1qguurxo1_500.gif

As a former fighter I'm well-acquainted with the giving and receiving of concussions. A concussion occurs when your brain shakes, particularly if it bounces off the interior of your skull, resulting in nerve damage, soft tissue damage etc.

A helmet won't protect you from that if you're struck hard enough; it will prevent your skull fracturing, and will of course disperse the force of lighter blows.

I'm not clear on how effective they are -- given the controversy surrounding concussions in the NFL, they obviously have shortcomings.

RE: the military -- modern helmets can stop shrapnel and even some rounds depending on caliber and range. Stormtrooper armour has always struck me as something designed to minimize fatalities rather than grant immunity. Plus it looks cool.

That's pretty cool - what kind of fighting was it?

A concussion and getting KO'ed (as every single stormtrooper was, or killed) are two different things though. KO'ed is an instant loss of consciousness and a concussion is a bruise in your brain (which can lead to swelling - the dangerous part.)

It's impossible for a guy swinging around a broomhandle like what Chirrut has (or the little baton thing Jyn has) to knock out every single one of a group of soldiers wearing motorcycle-type helmets. I mean he barely touches quite a few of them. It's believable he could knock them down and maybe knock out one or two with several major blows, but not KO like 12-20 guys with the tap of a stick.:lol

Apparantly there is a Kyber Cristal in the end metal bit which gives it more power i guess....

I still think they should have gone with something like the Magma Guard staff which was also had ties to the Jedi, and dare I say it the Prequels......

Yeah I think it's the fact it's clearly just a wood staff - if it had been more clearly technology-based, you could buy it a bit more.

And the Kyber crystal thing in RO is pretty unclear, so it's unclear what a Kyber crystal would even do inside a staff. I mean Jyn has one around her neck just as a necklace - does that mean she can parkour or knock out Mike Tyson?

At least it's consistent with how easily they were incapacitated by those little rock whip things during the Battle of Endor in RotJ, just before this scene where Wickit used it on himself in a silly manner. :lol

tumblr_ll2to1u3ZI1qguurxo1_500.gif

Yeah, that did occur to me during that scene.:lol

This idiot with a stick knocking out armored storm troopers was a bad joke.

That's pretty cool - what kind of fighting was it?

Muay Thai -- amateur. Had a few fights, got old. :lol

Martial arts gyms are often full of nerds; it's all the Kung Fu movies and superhero comics that take us there.

A concussion and getting KO'ed (as every single stormtrooper was, or killed) are two different things though. KO'ed is an instant loss of consciousness and a concussion is a bruise in your brain (which can lead to swelling - the dangerous part.)

It's impossible for a guy swinging around a broomhandle like what Chirrut has (or the little baton thing Jyn has) to knock out every single one of a group of soldiers wearing motorcycle-type helmets. I mean he barely touches quite a few of them. It's believable he could knock them down and maybe knock out one or two with several major blows, but not KO like 12-20 guys with the tap of a stick.:lol

True enough. Now I think about it, I've seen stars, been knocked down (by a head-kick) but got right back up and kept fighting. I would expect at least as much from our favourite goons, but they were made to suffer. It's their lot in film. :rotfl

Back