1/6 Hot Toys - MMS402/3 - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Chirrut Imwe Collectible Figure

Disappointment coming...

This is Disney. They hardly kill off anyone. And when they do, its questionable as to whether the character truly died or just ended up in another dimension.

Han's case is unique as that 'farewell' was a good way to get Ford back to caring about this role.

Is this a serious comment or are you doing a bit?

Disappointment coming...

This is Disney. They hardly kill off anyone. And when they do, its questionable as to whether the character truly died or just ended up in another dimension.

Han's case is unique as that 'farewell' was a good way to get Ford back to caring about this role.

I'm willing to bet we see Harrison Ford as Han again in some form. There's no way this new trilogy isn't going to end with an echo of ROTJ.

Yay! My favorite character from an awesome trailer who might suck in the actual movie! I'm so POing this before I know what's what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

That might be the most honest and accurate post I've ever seen on this board! I kind of had the same thought, although not necessarily my fav based on the trailer thus far...

I really hope that they do not kill off this character...

Serious.

I'm willing to bet we see Harrison Ford as Han again in some form. There's no way this new trilogy isn't going to end with an echo of ROTJ.

See. This is why no ones truly dies. Fanlove.

He's always serious, and don't call him Shirley.

Although as far as killing characters off go, I wholeheartedly agree Disney is reluctant to do so in some respects. Particularly the Marvel Cinematic Universe, although that's really due to the long term movie and character plans.

All the Star Wars films are not as directly connected to each other as the MCU, so I think we'll see more death. ie. We know Black Panther won't die because he need to appear in the Black Panther film and pretty much all the Avengers are safe till Infinity War, but Chirrut and Baze are not likely to pop up in the Han Solo movie and definitely not in VIII and even Jyn isn't safe.

I think it's possible a few characters will die to accomplish their mission, and I have personal odds for each character's survival.

Why are stormtroopers even wearing armor if they can easily be taken out by a stick? :lol

At least the stormies are polite and wait their turn instead of blasting him in the back

That trailer really did it for you eh? :lol

Yeah, I see a guy who fights with a stick, and I see a Disney corporate meeting about the importance of Chinese box office, not a "character".:lol

Yeah, I see a guy who fights with a stick, and I see a Disney corporate meeting about the importance of Chinese box office, not a "character".:lol

Pretty much. In fact, the entire cast is global for a change. No smart-alecky American in the bunch.

I wonder if Disney did research to see if most people in China could pronounce Chirrut Imwe when naming this character?

Last edited:

Pretty much. In fact, the entire cast is global for a change. No smart-alecky American in the bunch.

What's interesting is it's the most racially/ethnically diverse cast in a Star Wars film ever - yet it leads directly into a film (ANH) that has to be 99.5% white.

There may be a handful of background extras in Mos Eisley that appear non-European, but every single rebel and imperial is white and even in - of all places - the "diverse" cantina (where they even do a "we don't serve their kind here" line,) every human is white.

It makes you wonder how intentional it must have been. It was shot in England after the era of "Love Thy Neighbour," an iconic British show about an English man dealing with non-white neighbors, so it's not like England was all white in 1976.

And people talk about how blatantly racist things were in the 1970's but even in that era, SW/ANH was called out for no non-white actors (supposedly prompting Lando's inclusion.)

I wonder if the Disney did research to see if most people in China could pronounce Chirrut Imwe when naming this character?

True. His original name was Chillut.

SW/ANH was called out for no non-white actors (supposedly prompting Lando's inclusion.)

True! I was there.

True! I was there.

That's great, but all-white "Star Wars" did come out the same year as "Roots" was on TV, so it must have seemed like a bit of a sore thumb.:lol

I wonder if Disney did research to see if most people in China could pronounce Chirrut Imwe when naming this character?

If its too complex to remember, they'll just call him Donnie Yen, and not care what his character name is.

I actually expect all the characters to die at the end, with a big sacrifice for the rebellion. Hopefully some hints of Rey's parents might be revealed in this movie as well... at least this is what I'm looking forward to.

If its too complex to remember, they'll just call him Donnie Yen, and not care what his character name is.

I actually expect all the characters to die at the end, with a big sacrifice for the rebellion. Hopefully some hints of Rey's parents might be revealed in this movie as well... at least this is what I'm looking forward to.

I dont think I will be happy unless they all die. Justifies why no mention of them ever before.

They should all die. But again.... it's Disney. That's why this movie isn't about the Bothans mission later.

Disappointment coming...

This is Disney. They hardly kill off anyone.[...]

Except for everyone's parents and hundreds of unborn babies. :lecture

Bambi, The Lion King, Finding Nemo -- I imagine there are a few more?

And let's not forget pre-Disney's Ewoks-whatever-it-was when they blew up the parents and an older brother.

Back