1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh - sorry to hear that. My situation has been pretty similar.

Quick update on my situation. Sideshow agreed to exchange the figure but they said it was a "one-time courtesy". It was a giant pain in the ass dealing with them. There's only one person who oversees the returns and exchanges (Aliesha) and each time I called, she was never available to talk to and the person assured me that she would get back to me soon. After calling and emailing a few times with no response from her, I gave Sideshow an ultimatum that I was going to call my credit card company and have them get a partial refund since the item clearly was not "brand new". The Sideshow customer rep said that if I did that, then my Sideshow account would be frozen. Since I did not have anything on pre-order, I said "go ahead and freeze it"

Aliesha did finally get back to me very late that evening. She insisted that Sideshow never sells used items and that they do not consider the shipper to be part of the collectible, therefore it is indispensable. Occasionally if an item appears to be damaged in-transit from China, they will have QA open it up and inspect it before shipping it onto the customer. In my case, QA did a horrendous job of repackaging it. They will only replace something if it is damaged and the shipper does not qualify as something they will replace. I have a few issues with this:

1 - If something appears to be damaged - they should never send it off to a customer. Use the product for parts. There is nothing worse for a collector than spending several hundred dollars for a figure only to get something that looks like it had been carelessly rummaged through.

2 - Sideshow should know more than anyone that the shipper holds value to the collectors. While I personally do not need a shipper to be happy with a figure I know that others do and therefore if I'm buying a new figure from Sideshow, the shipper must come with it.

3 - Sideshow's attitude towards their customers really sucks. It took me all week and several methods of contact (2 phone calls, 3 emails and one live chat) and an ultimatum just to get someone to resolve the issue. The whole "we're doing this as a one-time courtesy" was really off-putting. I paid over $600 for this figure, have been a long-time, loyal customer and this is how they treat me.

I want everyone to know that this can happen to them with Sideshow and they don't give two ****s about it.

That stinks sorry to hear man. I've never had an issue with Sideshow...but that's because I've never purchased squat from them before. Their shipping prices are unjustified and they ship so much later than the local place I order from!

Start buying local. Your loyalty will go much further from a small business owner than a company, that I'm sure has high turnover, versus the small business that is always run by the same team/person.

I never had any issues with SSC. When i received something defective it usually resloved within a week. Sorry to hear about Starksters experience, that really sucks. SSC is the only place i can buy this stuff. Nobody local carrys it and it's the cheapest shipping online. So i will be sticking with them.

I'm just waiting for the goverment to slap a 25% tariff on all this stuff and i can just be done with buying anything new

So the standard release of this is MMS461 D21. Perhaps the thread title can be amended?

Got mine today. I've only just opened it up and this is my first Iron Man since the original Mark III which was a common supermarket toy compared to this. I can say that without even having tested anything it can do. The proportions, the size and weight alone are testament to its vast superiority to their earliest Iron Man.

The Stark head, although seemingly unpopular with some, is certainly leaps and bounds better than the last one I have experience of :lol and what an incredible paintjob.

Excuse me while I bury my head in the box again to take in that new toy smell and then get to work on the batteries and figuring out how this thing moves.

So the standard release of this is MMS461 D21. Perhaps the thread title can be amended?

Got mine today. I've only just opened it up and this is my first Iron Man since the original Mark III which was a common supermarket toy compared to this. I can say that without even having tested anything it can do. The proportions, the size and weight alone are testament to its vast superiority to their earliest Iron Man.

The Stark head, although seemingly unpopular with some, is certainly leaps and bounds better than the last one I have experience of :lol and what an incredible paintjob.

Excuse me while I bury my head in the box again to take in that new toy smell and then get to work on the batteries and figuring out how this thing moves.

Awesome, glad you got this one, it's a sight to behold.

You like to smell the new figure smell too?!?! I LOVE that smell!!!!!!!

That's why it has taken me so long to respond, incapacitated by new toy smell.

No not really, though that'd be funny

Awesome, glad you got this one, it's a sight to behold.

You like to smell the new figure smell too?!?! I LOVE that smell!!!!!!!

It's a beaut. I'm very happy with it. Too happy with it in fact because, as I feared, I'm feeling all kinds of temptations that I was immune to before.

It's a beaut. I'm very happy with it. Too happy with it in fact because, as I feared, I'm feeling all kinds of temptations that I was immune to before.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I feared once I got my first dicast IM figure, I would be hooked and want more. Well, I preorder the Mark 50. :gah:

For me it's not so much wanting to buy more of Iron Man - my original goal was to just assemble the big four from the original Avengers film (not necessarily those specific outfits). Then I started thinking ''yeah but why leave out Black Widow and Hawkeye?'' >>Sigh<< ''OK fine, add in those''....''errmm..and how about that Doctor Strange, he was good, and the likeness on the figure is amazing'' >>disapproving glare<< ''Bucky Barnes? Winter Soldier was a terrific film, c'mon''

And so on, and so on.

I'm pretty sure I could stick to a one of each character approach but even that would be a lot of money spent considering how many characters there are.

I completely understand that. I did the same thing with the SW ANH figures. It was "I'll just get Vader", then it was "I'll just get Luke". Now I just need 3PO to finish the set. The only good thing is, my wife won't let me start another set. Lol. I had to beg her just to preorder the Mark 50. I git the Mark 4 and DP2 by trading at my local shop

I completely understand that. I did the same thing with the SW ANH figures. It was "I'll just get Vader", then it was "I'll just get Luke". Now I just need 3PO to finish the set. The only good thing is, my wife won't let me start another set. Lol. I had to beg her just to preorder the Mark 50. I git the Mark 4 and DP2 by trading at my local shop

Looks like Hot Toys is really gonna test that marriage! :rotfl

Man I love this figure. I think I don't need another Iron Man :love

IMG_20181124_232256045.jpg

Mmm, the aroma of toxic chemicals! :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Def a beaut. I have a few of the other marks, and I cannot say I'm immune to temptation, LOL

Man I love this figure. I think I don't need another Iron Man :love

View attachment 434248

Can't get enough of this figure, keep 'em awesome photos coming! I even have it next to me RIGHT NOW.

Heya peeps with the D22 in hand - could you help me out with verifying dimensions of the diorama with IV on top of it? Trying to see if I have the space, and hoping the ones listed on ssc page were just "maximum stretched out" dimensions... i.e. I would like to know the height from bottom of gantry base to the top of the rear mechanical arm if the top of the arm is at the same max height of Tony's head (like the last photo above). Thank you

Score! Just picked up a dicast Mark VI RDJ head and the battle damaged face plate/chest piece off of eBay to display on my Mark IV. Even got to use the 10% off coupon too. :yess:

I have the original gantry w/IV but i think im going to grab the new IV so i can leave the old one in the gantry and display the new one separately

Back