1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold lines on the abs will be painted next and some mild weathering all over the suit
19464c617361dac60c5ff7ff062b048a.jpg
d7891ffb9eceb6045fa196574dee6882.jpg
78a59e6492bd6bfccd5927d7a8cf92cc.jpg

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

This looks fantastic.

Before, people used to complain a lot that the SS statues and the HTs weren't glossy enough. I have no idea why they would think the suits are supposed to be super glossy.

Now if only I could get my 46 to be painted like that :thud:

Standalone converted for me today! :yess: Went ahead and purchased a Gift Card and paid him off in full. Double Reward Points! :hi5:

This gives me hope that I still can get the gantry set. Been on waitlist for a few weeks now, shouldve did the figure too but I have the original still looking good. So I'll sell that for the low if this converts

Hi! I am not sure if I am mistaken but did you get double rewars points by buying gift card and applying it? I did not know that. How does it work?

You get 5% worth of reward points when you purchase the gift card, then you get another 5% worth of reward points when you purchase the product / figure. It's alot better than paying direct with your debit card in my opinion.

You get 5% worth of reward points when you purchase the gift card, then you get another 5% worth of reward points when you purchase the product / figure. It's alot better than paying direct with your debit card in my opinion.

That seems like an extremely obvious flaw in their system, I can't believe it works lol.

Yes, you do as the purchaser. As I can see them under my Rewards history and Pending Rewards Points

I honestly didn’t know, I always shop SS on my iPad and the mobile website doesn’t let me see pending points. When I look at my orders page regular orders show pending points on the page and gift cards don’t so I assumed they didn’t. After having logged in on PC and being able to see the pending points page sure enough the last 5 gift cards I bought show up under pending points. I still would have no idea they counted had this not come up in conversation on here.

I honestly didn’t know, I always shop SS on my iPad and the mobile website doesn’t let me see pending points. When I look at my orders page regular orders show pending points on the page and gift cards don’t so I assumed they didn’t. After having logged in on PC and being able to see the pending points page sure enough the last 5 gift cards I bought show up under pending points. I still would have no idea they counted had this not come up in conversation on here.

No worries. You're welcome!

This is the first time I hear about it, wtf that's a HUGE loophole.

index123.jpg

This is the first time I hear about it, wtf that's a HUGE loophole.

Well, Sideshow benefits with upfront capital for figures which are pre-paid for and not yet shipping immediately, as the funds are already processed via Gift Card. The funds can then be utilized or invested for other purposes, subject to Sideshow's management decision or business model. I want to believe the Customer is still getting the better end of the deal however, as a 5% return is quite high - but we wouldn't know for sure I guess.

Meanwhile Sideshow may be fully aware of this "loophole". In reality, Gift Card buyers are usually not frequent buyers and usually one-time customers (e.g. Grandma learning Jimmy loves figures and sending a Gift Card for his Bday lol). So the Reward Points may be there to help bring back return business from these one-time customers

:dunno

Well, Sideshow benefits with upfront capital for figures which are pre-paid for and not yet shipping immediately, as the funds are already processed via Gift Card. The funds can then be utilized or invested for other purposes, subject to Sideshow's management decision or business model. I want to believe the Customer is still getting the better end of the deal however, as a 5% return is quite high - but we wouldn't know for sure I guess.

Meanwhile Sideshow may be fully aware of this "loophole". In reality, Gift Card buyers are usually not frequent buyers and usually one-time customers (e.g. Grandma learning Jimmy loves figures and sending a Gift Card for his Bday lol). So the Reward Points may be there to help bring back return business from these one-time customers

:dunno

If gift card money shows up in your account as points, I was always under the impression you don't get points back when you spend points, like when I used $100 worth of points recently on a $400 fig it just gave me 300 points back. But I also haven't bought a gift card before, so maybe it works differently?

If gift card money shows up in your account as points, I was always under the impression you don't get points back when you spend points, like when I used $100 worth of points recently on a $400 fig it just gave me 300 points back. But I also haven't bought a gift card before, so maybe it works differently?

Sorry for the late reply. With SDCC and new pre-orders around the corner, I suppose its a good time to clarify now:

Correct, when you apply reward points or any promo/discount to your order, SSC will not give you Reward Points for whatever value that may equate to. So your example is correct where you were applied $100 worth of Reward Points on a $400 figure and was awarded only Reward Points for the $300 you paid via debit/credit card or paypal.

However in the event you had paid for that remaining balance of $300 on the $400 figure via Gift Card, you would have gotten Rewards Points for the $300 Gift Card you purchased, on top of the Rewards Points that are awarded for the purchase of the figure itself.

Here is another example: Mark L is retailing for $407 currently. If you apply a $25 Marvel Promo code, you are left with a balance of $382 (excluding shipping). If you purchase a gift card for $382 and apply it to the Mark L purchase when checking out, you will receive Reward Points for the complete value of the $382 Gift Card ($382/20 = $19.10 worth of Rewards Points), along with another $19.10 for the purchase of the Mark L itself.

So rather than getting the typical $19.10, you are earning double ($38.20) due to payment via Gift Card. This takes commitment for figures that are not yet released however, as you are essentially pre-paying SSC in full.

Enjoy, everyone (while it lasts)

Sorry for the late reply. With SDCC and new pre-orders around the corner, I suppose its a good time to clarify now:

Correct, when you apply reward points or any promo/discount to your order, SSC will not give you Reward Points for whatever value that may equate to. So your example is correct where you were applied $100 worth of Reward Points on a $400 figure and was awarded only Reward Points for the $300 you paid via debit/credit card or paypal.

However in the event you had paid for that remaining balance of $300 on the $400 figure via Gift Card, you would have gotten Rewards Points for the $300 Gift Card you purchased, on top of the Rewards Points that are awarded for the purchase of the figure itself.

Here is another example: Mark L is retailing for $407 currently. If you apply a $25 Marvel Promo code, you are left with a balance of $382 (excluding shipping). If you purchase a gift card for $382 and apply it to the Mark L purchase when checking out, you will receive Reward Points for the complete value of the $382 Gift Card ($382/20 = $19.10 worth of Rewards Points), along with another $19.10 for the purchase of the Mark L itself.

So rather than getting the typical $19.10, you are earning double ($38.20) due to payment via Gift Card. This takes commitment for figures that are not yet released however, as you are essentially pre-paying SSC in full.

So basically you pay in full via gift card and get double rewards. Too bad I didn't find it earlier.

Gracias.

This information is hazardous to my bank account’s health.

Back