1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received mine and the lights in both arms aren't working. I'm pretty sure it's an uncommon issue, as nobody else has reported it. Anyone have any tips before returning that I can try?

Trying using 2 batteries instead of 3 and waiting 10 to 20 secs and see if they eventually turn on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just received mine and the lights in both arms aren't working. I'm pretty sure it's an uncommon issue, as nobody else has reported it. Anyone have any tips before returning that I can try?

Did you try with a different hand or no hands on the figure at all because the closed fists it comes with doesn't actually light up I think.

I've been using no hands and the little arm gauntlet accessories. I asked sideshow about it, they told me to try and clean the contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. The left arm now lights up dimly but when I bend the arm, the lights turn off; still nothing on the right. I tested the batteries on my Ultron so it looks like I just got a pair of bad arms.
Did you try with a different hand or no hands on the figure at all because the closed fists it comes with doesn't actually light up I think.

I've been using no hands and the little arm gauntlet accessories. I asked sideshow about it, they told me to try and clean the contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol. The left arm now lights up dimly but when I bend the arm, the lights turn off; still nothing on the right. I tested the batteries on my Ultron so it looks like I just got a pair of bad arms.

One more thing you can try is to stretch the spring in it a tiny bit. Give it more contact.
My friend and I both have this MK6 and lights all working.

Does anyone know when the regular Mark VI went on waitlist?
I joined on June 1st, doubt it converts....

Finally got my Mk 6. Sadly the right arm battery port screw is stripped. I also have a blemish on the Tony Stark head sculpt.

20180813_160634.jpg
20180813_153841-01-picsay.jpg

Congrats on your first Hot Toys. This exact figure was my first one. Only got him a few months ago. He is awesome! Now I have to pay off the 7 other figures I have on PO. All other things I’ve been collecting (Pops & comics) has taken a backseat to these. There is no comparison.

Congrats on your first hot toys. Good one to start with.sets the bar really high. WhT do you think if hot toys in comparison to other stuff you collect?

Questions are for both Rbeato and orionmagnus

Congrats on your first hot toys. Good one to start with.sets the bar really high. WhT do you think if hot toys in comparison to other stuff you collect?

Questions are for both Rbeato and orionmagnus

Thanks! Feels good to be part of the norm now, haha.

I've always viewed these guys as the absolute pinnacle of collecting when viewed in the big picture. Ever since I discovered Hot Toys about 5 years ago, I've always wanted to get one but never could afford them (particularly followed the Iron Man/War Machine armors). Now, finally having one just makes me feel great- like I've achieved a milestone in my hobby, as stupid as that sounds.

In regards to comparison to my other stuff, this is my most expensive item yet. I'm usually real delicate with all of my collectibles, as I'm sure most people are, but this one I'm gonna take extra care of, for obvious reasons.

Thanks! Feels good to be part of the norm now, haha.

I've always viewed these guys as the absolute pinnacle of collecting when viewed in the big picture. Ever since I discovered Hot Toys about 5 years ago, I've always wanted to get one but never could afford them (particularly followed the Iron Man/War Machine armors). Now, finally having one just makes me feel great- like I've achieved a milestone in my hobby, as stupid as that sounds.

In regards to comparison to my other stuff, this is my most expensive item yet. I'm usually real delicate with all of my collectibles, as I'm sure most people are, but this one I'm gonna take extra care of, for obvious reasons.

Doesn’t sound stupid at all. The way these things make you feel is a big part of collecting them I think. And all collecting really. They are a bit addicting so watch out for that. Lol

The difference between the good 1/6 stuff and most other figures is crazy these days. They are amazing for sure.

Congrats again and welcome to the club!

Yeah. Got it from Sideshow. They've been notified and will update me tomorrow. Hopefully it's good news.

That’s good. Thy should be able to help with at least the face and probably the arm as well. I always recommend buying a nice set of jewelers screwdrivers so you have less chance of stripping the screws. The ones hot toys includes are pretty crappy.

Doesn’t sound stupid at all. The way these things make you feel is a big part of collecting them I think. And all collecting really. They are a bit addicting so watch out for that. Lol

The difference between the good 1/6 stuff and most other figures is crazy these days. They are amazing for sure.

Congrats again and welcome to the club!

That’s good. Thy should be able to help with at least the face and probably the arm as well. I always recommend buying a nice set of jewelers screwdrivers so you have less chance of stripping the screws. The ones hot toys includes are pretty crappy.

Yeah. I have a jeweler screw set but that's not the case. The screw looked to already haven stripped. So when I went to go unscrew it I only made it work. Either way I can only hope that they can help me. Only time can tell...

Back