1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 in the above picture are not the same size.

I pasted the image in Corel Draw and under extreme magnification I have a .78" ID on the left and .81 ID for the right

Hi, on mine the tony head is a little more difficult to fit/remove & seems to go on half way then fully.

This is not an uncommon problem for figures with interchangeable heads. I recall having this issue with the original Winter Soldier along with a few others. Tell him to take a drill bit of a slightly larger diameter than the smaller hole and, by hand, slowly ream it out until it fits snugly on the post. The key is don't overdo it. If the drill O.D. is too large the Tony head will flop about on the neck. Stating the obvious here, but he also shouldn't make the hole too deep. Tell him to think of Sex Criminals when he does it - just the tip! :lol

Someone suggested I put them back to back, which should have been obvious. So I changed my display up a little bit:

dHfGfCG.jpg

Hi, on mine the tony head is a little more difficult to fit/remove & seems to go on half way then fully.

Same here thanks.

The 2 in the above picture are not the same size.

I pasted the image in Corel Draw and under extreme magnification I have a .78" ID on the left and .81 ID for the right

Thanks.
This is not an uncommon problem for figures with interchangeable heads. I recall having this issue with the original Winter Soldier along with a few others. Tell him to take a drill bit of a slightly larger diameter than the smaller hole and, by hand, slowly ream it out until it fits snugly on the post. The key is don't overdo it. If the drill O.D. is too large the Tony head will flop about on the neck. Stating the obvious here, but he also shouldn't make the hole too deep. Tell him to think of Sex Criminals when he does it - just the tip! :lol

I'll keep that in mind but probably won't tell him to do it as he'll probably screw it up.

Heya, wonder if anyone can help confirm something.
My friend is trying to swap between the headsculpts for this MK6 but can't seem to be able to fit.
He took a photo of the sockets between the 2 and it looks like they are different size.
Is this correct?
View attachment 421329
This isn't uncommon. My diecast WM MK I has a similar issue; it's difficult, but still possible, to attach the Rhodey sculpt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah I actually swapped the Rhodey and Stark heads on when I changed up my displays, in case I want to change them up and have the faceplates up (and also because I don't ever use the lights anyway). I did notice that the head sculpt helmets were a little more difficult to get on, however they move perfectly fine once they're on.

I have the Diecast Vi and I have the same problem with the Tony head. Socket is too small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heya, wonder if anyone can help confirm something.
My friend is trying to swap between the headsculpts for this MK6 but can't seem to be able to fit.
He took a photo of the sockets between the 2 and it looks like they are different size.
Is this correct?
Use a hairdryer to hear the socket area

Anyone having any issues with this? Debating picking it up after selling my first one. Ive seen that the 46 and 47 have been having paint issues. Also does anyone know anything about the 3rd party gantry thats being made for this? Thanks!

Anyone having any issues with this? Debating picking it up after selling my first one. Ive seen that the 46 and 47 have been having paint issues. Also does anyone know anything about the 3rd party gantry thats being made for this? Thanks!

I have the 6 with zero issues. Also the 47 with no issues either; both since release day 1 more or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not heard anything and all my IM figures are fine. If someone is having paint issues it's probably from something they did.

The Gantry seems to have vanished :dunno

Back