1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

The only thing that stops me from ordering this is if they make a 1/4 VI. Hopefully between now and this release we'll have an idea when that one might be coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, I see. Thanks! I don't want to miss out on the exclusive version so I'll probably just order it.

Haven't bought hot toys iron man since 1/6 mark vii. But this I'm ordering. Hoping for mark vii next!

Yeah I'm actually pretty glad this one is so far off, gives me time to buy another in the meantime!

That logic though.

"I'm glad I don't have to spend the money now. That way, I can spend this money now."

:lol

1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

No offense but that mk3 diecast was TERRIBLE! A very unworthy 2.0.

Yeah no offence taken. I was aware that it had its draw backs but I made it work for me in my collection. I actually love it. And I got it for a Sideshow IG-88 so it wasn't a bad deal for me. There are so many of these IM armours out there and I chose this one and the MK2 diecast WM to rep that franchise.

528b0165659637d7aed00f86c11bcfe7.jpg

Anyone mention yet that they got the smaller eyes on the face mask this time around? Even the Shanghai release has the Bambi doe eyes mask.
Ryan

Got the Mark VII; proportions bugged me so I sold it. Got a Mark IV. Much better proportions IMO, but still lacked bulk to my mind, and didn't do enough in the film. Eventually sold it. Had high hopes for Mark III diecast but the relative lack of articulation (rendering the really subtle weight distribution and angles I love so much -- nearly impossible) prevented me from buying it, which was a pity given that it's from my favourite IM film.

This one has bulk and appears to have a little movement in the torso (hard to tell from the promo shots) -- and I love the capability to emulate "Reindeer Games". And it retains the more minimalist, colour-blocked design I prefer over the busier later iterations.

The contrast between the bulk of the suit and the delicate flaps and hatches unfurling to spit death ... I think this could be the one. :panic:

Not that I have to worry about that for *over a year*. Ah well.

That logic though.

"I'm glad I don't have to spend the money now. That way, I can spend this money now."

:lol

Ha! :lol I didn't claim logic, just the self-awareness of someone who knows what they're like when a collection is allowed to properly get started! I had been fairly self-restrained on the MCU merch until recently... (I had been very happy with merely owning the blu-rays and a HT Loki and a Stark (oh who am I kidding, or two) to face-off against each other... :slap) The temptation to attempt a Hall of Armour set-up is incredibly strong.

*Eyes shelves of Eighth Doctor tat that cost far too much to put together shiftily, stupid out of print novels*

Ha! :lol I didn't claim logic, just the self-awareness of someone who knows what they're like when a collection is allowed to properly get started! I had been fairly self-restrained on the MCU merch until recently... (I had been very happy with merely owning the blu-rays and a HT Loki and a Stark (oh who am I kidding, or two) to face-off against each other... :slap) The temptation to attempt a Hall of Armour set-up is incredibly strong.

*Eyes shelves of Eighth Doctor tat that cost far too much to put together shiftily, stupid out of print novels*

Lol I just found it funny because I can relate. My first thought when I saw this could come as late as Dec 2017 was "perfect, I don't want to pay for this and the Mk46 at the same time" lol.

Pre-ordered! That's going to be a long wait though lol.

I was waiting for this one and am very pleased with what I am seeing. I have the DC MarkIII and LOVE it. It's just the most classic. I expect the MarkVI to be better in a lot of ways, but it should be as a more advanced armor. So my Iron Man collection will consist of the DC MarkIII, the Mark 33, and the DC MarkVI. That's a nice little group and may be the total of what I collect for Iron Man besides the one War Machine figure I have (002 - but thinking of trading it in for 003)

Lol I just found it funny because I can relate. My first thought when I saw this could come as late as Dec 2017 was "perfect, I don't want to pay for this and the Mk46 at the same time" lol.

Haha! Yeah my first thought was terrifyingly similar. (Gods, I'm doomed - my relatively small 1/6 scale collection is going to grow exponentially I can tell)

Yeah no offence taken. I was aware that it had its draw backs but I made it work for me in my collection. I actually love it. And I got it for a Sideshow IG-88 so it wasn't a bad deal for me. There are so many of these IM armours out there and I chose this one and the MK2 diecast WM to rep that franchise.

528b0165659637d7aed00f86c11bcfe7.jpg

Yea, I love mine and getting the VI doesn't take away from love for the MkIII. The "flaws" the figure has are mostly the same as what we see in the movie (proportions and lack of ankle articulation) and I don't have a problem with the lack of an ab crunch, I use the twisted waist meant for the landing pose for a a more dynamic standing action pose. I love this figure!
IM1.jpg

That said, I am soooo looking forward to all the MkVI has to offer. Glad I pre-orderd.

Yeah I dig the mk3dc a lot. I think the swap out torso is pretty cool actually. Only thing I'd change is an add on pack with more options. But outside of that its a good figure. Most the stuff people complain about are design issues that stem from the film. And I continue to see people complain about how it's to small or the articulation is bad, without ever actually seeing it in person. Lol

My experiences with the MK3 have been great. I was impressed as soon as I got it out of the box. I wanted only a red IM and a war machine...I haven't had any other experience with other IM figures and prob won't. I like the MK3s look mostly because it reminds of the comic books version (which is my fav iteration).

Now this MKVI does look stunning new in its own right. Love the battle damaged parts and the dirtied up look of the armour. Will be a great piece...but I wonder if this figure will have decent ankle articulation. It does not look like it from the Proto shots.

Ordered. Had to, this looks like it may be the best iron man hot toys has ever made

If I had a dollar for EVERYTIME I heard this on this board :lol

Got my preorder in for this too. Glad it is releasing late 2017 as that will spread out the monthly installment payments since I also preorder the sub zero mark vii also.

This shouldn't sell out too fast right? I know it's supposedly like the most popular armor, I might consider it but I want to wait a few months if they are still doing monthly coupons... :lol

This shouldn't sell out too fast right? I know it's supposedly like the most popular armor, I might consider it but I want to wait a few months if they are still doing monthly coupons... :lol

If all the other armors are any indication then it should be around. I ordered today because I want the exclusive. I also hope they're still doing monthly codes. I'm for sure getting WM Mk1, but I for sure don't want to spend $360+ ship and tax for it lol.

Finally going back to this. Been waiting for the last few I missed to get redone and wow this looks perfect :clap

If all the other armors are any indication then it should be around. I ordered today because I want the exclusive. I also hope they're still doing monthly codes. I'm for sure getting WM Mk1, but I for sure don't want to spend $360+ ship and tax for it lol.

Cool. When did they have that light-up helmet in the film, was it when Tony was fixing the helmet/suit before the final battle/confrontation w/ Loki?

Back