1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome photos!

Would a piece of frosted tape help with diffusing the arc reactor light across the entire triangle?

Awesome photos!

Would a piece of frosted tape help with diffusing the arc reactor light across the entire triangle?

Forum member "Yoshi" did something similar a while back... here is his photo that I saved:

attachment.jpg

I think he just used plain white paper if I remember correctly... I guess you could experiment with different kinds of material if you want...

Forum member "Yoshi" did something similar a while back... here is his photo that I saved:

View attachment 485007

I think he just used plain white paper if I remember correctly... I guess you could experiment with different kinds of material if you want...

Aha thanks. My figure is still in its box (waiting for the display cases to get finished). I'll look into this when I start displaying it.

Has anyone ever tried putting something behind the eyes to give them a white colour without using lights? Dealing with batteries and turning lights on an off is such a hassle (and risky, too), but it frustrates me that my iron man figures always look "turned off."

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I would be wary of buying a HT Mark 4 or 6 on the secondary market. Might end up with a KO...

I have the Diecast Mark 4 but for some reason really want this too, even though they're the same mold

Anyone have both and can share side by side pics?

I couldn't wait to find a deal on the 6 Diecast, so bought a used plastic 5 and a plastic 6 in very good condition for 380 USD.

I figured I'd sell them later. Should get my money back at the very least. Never had a plastic Iron Man. Hope it's good!

I couldn't wait to find a deal on the 6 Diecast, so bought a used plastic 5 and a plastic 6 in very good condition for 380 USD.

I figured I'd sell them later. Should get my money back at the very least. Never had a plastic Iron Man. Hope it's good!

The plastic mark 6 is worth it just for the battle damage look alone. Still one of my favorite figures. The pink panties are a drawback but not too noticeable under normal lighting and it ia fixable.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel because the Mark 5 broke while packaging. A shame. The battle damage did look amazing.
EDIT: We decided I'd just take the Mark 6, so all good.

I was talking with someone on another forum and had a thought. I don't know if this has ever been talked about or not, but why doesn't Hot Toys include alternate face plates and chest plates that have painted eyes and arc reactors so that way the figure can look complete while not lit up? Have they ever talked about that at all?

Back