1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a long wait but we’ll worth it. Love this Figure!! Buy before it hits the aftermarket price....
E30B4FF7-17B7-4B9E-9C69-A8C209D53F91.jpg

I'm having some trouble screwing the post into the base; I can only get about half a turn in. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Looks like I managed to bend the first thread of the post... Either that or it came bent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah i hate those screw on posts. I remember breaking one of those on the IM3 figures (either HB or SC), the part it screws onto was just plastic and it fell to the bottom of the stand. I had to open it up and glue it back into place.

Tried to get one yesterday with the 20% off but all the well priced ones were gobbled up in seconds.

This is definitely "going fast"...

I was keeping an eye on them as well. There was still one priced at $360. With the discount plus shipping it was below $310. Still a great deal imo. But yeah, some people got great prices yesterday.

My first Hot Toy!! So hot it burned a hole through my wallet. Snagged one at $304 yesterday with the ebay code. That's the most I've paid for any toy ever. There was also the non die-cast version for $200 (after discount) so hopefully the $100 premium is worth it.

I always loved the mark VI. Had the figuarts war machine and mark vi 6 inchers displayed at my office desk. Those are die-cast, metallic looking and super articulated but I always wished there was a bigger version of my favorite suit. I wish it was a 1/4 though, I have the NECA Mark 7 which I like but its no mark 6. Iron Man suits come and go but only some I feel will stand the test of time unlike the blue beetle-esque mk 50/ iron insect.

Is there any chance of War Machine getting re-released? Does HT ever re-release without significant changes? I feel like the IW Mark 4 will be $450+.

My first Hot Toy!! So hot it burned a hole through my wallet. Snagged one at $304 yesterday with the ebay code. That's the most I've paid for any toy ever. There was also the non die-cast version for $200 (after discount) so hopefully the $100 premium is worth it.

I always loved the mark VI. Had the figuarts war machine and mark vi 6 inchers displayed at my office desk. Those are die-cast, metallic looking and super articulated but I always wished there was a bigger version of my favorite suit. I wish it was a 1/4 though, I have the NECA Mark 7 which I like but its no mark 6. Iron Man suits come and go but only some I feel will stand the test of time unlike the blue beetle-esque mk 50/ iron insect.

Is there any chance of War Machine getting re-released? Does HT ever re-release without significant changes? I feel like the IW Mark 4 will be $450+.

Congrats! Without a doubt, the extra $100 you paid for this version over the plastic one is well worth it.

With regards to WM getting re-released, I don't see them doing a 1/6 WM Mark 1 again, unfortunately.

You’ll be very happy with it. It has a few flaws, like less articulated shoulders than some other armors, limited waist articulation, and weak detail under the chest plate...but overall this is a GREAT upgrade over the plastic version (which I recently sold).

I think I say the MK45 is the high water mark so far, but this isn’t too far behind. I am curious why HT didn’t include all the articulation of the 45 with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know you said you’d have preferred 1/4 scale, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how much presence these figures (especially the newest Iron Man/War Machine figures) have in person. Think of it more as a replica. This will make the NECA VII look like a toy.

And I’m glad you got the Diecast instead of the plastic one. The plastic version was the first version and came out many years ago. It’s fairly dated now and is no comparison to this latest version.

If you’re looking at picking up more figures - especially past releases - definitely look through the threads here on those figures or ask questions about which version to get, known issues, what to watch out for, etc.

It’s too bad the Diecast War Machine Mk 1 has skyrocketed in price since you mentioned that’s one of your favorites as well.

Don't know if you guys know this but, this IM has hinges in the shoulder that allow for a lot of positioning. So for those arm raised poses and such you can move the shoulder piece and pivot it where you want for the most part. My civil war war machine has it too, very nifty.

Don't know if you guys know this but, this IM has hinges in the shoulder that allow for a lot of positioning. So for those arm raised poses and such you can move the shoulder piece and pivot it where you want for the most part. My civil war war machine has it too, very nifty.
Nice. That's awesome. Great feature by HT.

The shoulder issue is why I don't hold the 45 in quite the same regard as the 46, 47, or now the 6.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This diecast VI actually has pretty amazing articulation all around.

Can you get the waist/torso to turn? I can’t get mine to move much at all, but maybe the joint on mine is super stiff? Mine has far less than recent releases.

Can you get the waist/torso to turn? I can’t get mine to move much at all, but maybe the joint on mine is super stiff? Mine has far less than recent releases.

The articulation on the VI is for sure better than the 45. You really need to tug the waist out to get it in the right position to articulate -- took me a few tries. The way they have handled the abs is very similar to how they are done in the 1/4 scale armours.

The articulation on the VI is for sure better than the 45. You really need to tug the waist out to get it in the right position to articulate -- took me a few tries. The way they have handled the abs is very similar to how they are done in the 1/4 scale armours.

I fully extend mine (like all other diecast figures I own) and I can still own turn the waist maybe 1mm.

I pulled out my 45, 46 and 6...and my far the 6 has the least waist/toro articulation....unless I’m missing something on the 6 and it has a stuck joint.

Back