1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to buy the MK43 now. I wasn't going to get another IM...but getting this figure at $280 US, I think I'm doing well with price. I was always in love with the 42/43 industrial design. Also I really like Ultron as a villain from the comics...so getting the Ultron torso is killing 2 birds with one stone. I was buzzing about getting the MK6...but having the MK3 already, I wanted something starkly different in design.

So getting 43 for 280 shipped and trading SS IG88 for the MK3...pretty happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought 45 would be my only DC IM, but this 6 looks too good to pass up. The IM2 6 is still my favorite IM because of it versatility between regular and BD modes. This one looks like straight out of the movie itself...This will be my definitive IM for sure. None of the IW IM will be as memorable or as unique as 6 or 45 for sure!

They learn from their previous creations so of course it will be the best figure...until the next one comes out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pretty much yeah, when you combine those two points even though yes there will be another, better Iron Man figure somewhere down the road at this point it's highly unlikely that there will be a better version of this particular Mark... unless they make a 1/4 anyway, so it's more about it being my overall favourite suit design

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Pretty much yeah, when you combine those two points even though yes there will be another, better Iron Man figure somewhere down the road at this point it's highly unlikely that there will be a better version of this particular Mark... unless they make a 1/4 anyway, so it's more about it being my overall favourite suit design

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Yup. I might just pre-order this one as well. Waiting for the DC VII too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm glad I didn't get into collecting iron man figures until the mark 7.

With that said, I still really want a diecast Mark 7.

I don't think I'll ever pick up the 3. The other armors just make the 3 a little boring to me. I never thought I'd say that lol.

I don't think I'll ever pick up the 3. The other armors just make the 3 a little boring to me. I never thought I'd say that lol.

Bold words my friend lol. I love the Mk3 but HT really dropped the ball with it, IMO. If they happen to make a 3.0 with no gimmicks, just awesome proportions, articulation, paint, and accessories, it would make a strong case to be the HT IM to own if you're going to own just one (personal preference aside of course).

That said, this Mk6 is my "one" if for whatever reason I'd be limited to one figure period.

The MkIII looks like a cheap plastic toy rather than a Hot Toy. No plans to pick it up unless a 3.0 comes out.

The MkIII looks like a cheap plastic toy rather than a Hot Toy. No plans to pick it up unless a 3.0 comes out.

Poor MKIII haha. I love mine but I can also see where collectors would not like it. I think in terms of look that the figure is amazing. But it could the foot articulation is my big problem...but I have him posed up well and looks stunning.

455e89e21e8db0ce84e008bac21fd091.jpg

7dcfd24fa3945951820c77185f5a6a01.jpg

8d7b337d947346cebe26ea05537c8ff4.jpg

I think if you can get it at a deal than do it. I got mine for a sideshow IG88.

Diecast III is still great IMO, though I might be biased because I love the Mark III. Hate the torso design though, haven't taken that silly waist out of the box yet, and I doubt I ever will.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong. I like the MkIII as an armor. The Hot Toys figure just isn't there. I'd love to have one for myself but I just cant see myself spending that much for it.

I love the Mark III, and personally, I think it's the most iconic design so far. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the lack of articulation, combined with the undersize compared to the newer figures (or the oversize of the newer figures) meant that I had to go with what I think is the next best option, which is the new diecast Mark VI. It had lots of screen time, it has some excellent classic Iron Man elements, and if the new figure is anything like the new DC War Machine, it'll be an awesome figure. Can't wait for it to arrive!

My Mark III looks just the right size in a Hall of Armour :) I think he looks great in there, I even bought the 3rd party BD chest piece (which I haven't tried on it yet).
But for my other Iron Man (trust me, only 2 is a massive improvement on my past collection...) I have this Mark VI on order to go with my Mark 1 WM (which should arrive tomorrow or Thursday!).

Hopefully thats it, but we will see what new suit(s) turn up in Infinity War!

Diecast III is still great IMO, though I might be biased because I love the Mark III. Hate the torso design though, haven't taken that silly waist out of the box yet, and I doubt I ever will.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Crappy pic but I think the silly waist saves it for me, it looks ok standing but looks perfect in the ground pound. It also hides the fact that it is undersize. I doubt i will ever have this one in anything but this pose.

Bold words my friend lol. I love the Mk3 but HT really dropped the ball with it, IMO. If they happen to make a 3.0 with no gimmicks, just awesome proportions, articulation, paint, and accessories, it would make a strong case to be the HT IM to own if you're going to own just one (personal preference aside of course).

That said, this Mk6 is my "one" if for whatever reason I'd be limited to one figure period.

That's a tough question.

I think right now for me it would be between the 45 and the 6. But the 46 and (if there was one) the 7 wouldn't be too far behind. This question makes me glad that I'm fortunate enough to not need to make that choice.

I do know that even a brand new mark 3 with all of the bells and whistles wouldn't be high on my list. I'd probably get it, but it wouldn't be able to surpass the 6, 7 (assuming there will be one) 45, and 46.

Crappy pic but I think the silly waist saves it for me, it looks ok standing but looks perfect in the ground pound. It also hides the fact that it is undersize. I doubt i will ever have this one in anything but this pose.

Did the mk 3 ever land like that? I can't recall it.

Looks great like that nonetheless.

I think the 45 is the best IM to-date, and the one to own at the moment.

Back