1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see the smaller, finer detail in the mask on the figureart. Maybe I'm just not able to see it in the pictures but it looks there is no details or marking and patterns on the dome and around it.

The mask is integral to me. I'd they can match what's on screen I'm happy.

Edit: I see the details a bit better after looking at other pictures but the helmet looks overly glossy. Need HD pics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's not just you. They are not there.

And I'm not trying to bash the figure. It's a cool looking figure. That doesn't mean it's more accurate then the hot toys.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah from there it looks too plain on top. Have to see it in-hand

Why is it that people are passing o it because of a lack of an unmasked head sculpt? Personally I wouldn't really display it with an unmasked sculpt anyway, besides he is just a guy in black suit with out the cowl [emoji6]

Count me as one of those people. It's about bang for the buck...and it's also about getting the best version of a character. If you're trying to get a lineup of all the characters exactly as they appeared in CW, then this one's for you! But HT is known to put out better and better versions of a character as they go along, adding more value as they reuse existing parts. Cap CW comes with the extra teeth sculpt over AoU, for example. The standalone movie BP will probably come with a new sculpt, Marvel will probably refine the costume some, it'll probably be closest to how he'll appear in future movies (that's just taking the previous experience with Thor, BW, and Cap into account), and HT will add some extras - hands, maybe an accessory or two if the movie warrants, and definitely a headsculpt. Might as well wait and get a bit more payoff.

Besides, for me at least, I've already got 3 other figures on PO from CW. Deciding to wait until the solo films for Spidey and BP spreads my money out a bit better than cramming it in all at once and not saving anything for later.

That's not to say I won't consider it. If he ends up on some sort of mega sale down the road after I'm done paying off the other figures (that's how I ended up with WS Bucky instead of waiting for the CW version), I'd pick him up. I doubt he'll stay available that long, but weirder things have happened - I've always been surprised at how long WS Falcon was available.

Yeah from there it looks too plain on top. Have to see it in-hand

It is a 1/12 scale figure after all. But the actual form of the mask is what's more accurate. The shape is off on the HT but the details are superb

After seeing the movie this weekend this went from "maybe I'll get it" to "I have to find a way to afford it". The problem is I just picked up the 1/4 43 and finally AOU Vision (another long time want) so my collecting budget is pretty well blown out of the water already. :slap

It is a 1/12 scale figure after all. But the actual form of the mask is what's more accurate. The shape is off on the HT but the details are superb
I want him...but the glossy finish bothers me I hope they get rid of that

Why is it that people are passing o it because of a lack of an unmasked head sculpt? Personally I wouldn't really display it with an unmasked sculpt anyway, besides he is just a guy in black suit with out the cowl [emoji6]

Personally, I don't buy 1/6 figures that are partially or fully masked. For me, it's that head sculpt that elevates it from toy to collectible status. I want to see the entire face of the character. Sometimes I find that masked figures look a bit cheaper. Too toy-like. But that's just me.

Man, I really hope the details are captured in the HT figure. There's so much beauty in it. The "Suit should have a cloth-like look to it whereas the promo shots look like it's that shiny rubbery stuff ala the MoS Supes.

07c97b10d1f06c68-blackpanther8.jpg

If the final figure looks like that I'm gonna have to cave in and get this. Gotta say it did look miles better at the pop up store than the promo pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. if not, I could wait for the black panther movie ver. with his spear and stuff hopefully.

Man, I really hope the details are captured in the HT figure. There's so much beauty in it. The "Suit should have a cloth-like look to it whereas the promo shots look like it's that shiny rubbery stuff ala the MoS Supes.

It looks great in that photo. Far better than in the promo shots.

Whoa. Is that the Hot Toys version? The detail on it is insane.

Sorry guys, that photo is of the actual costume. My point was to show the material on the figure needs to be "fixed" because anything less would be a disservice to the designers of the movie costume.

Sorry guys, that photo is of the actual costume. My point was to show the material on the figure needs to be "fixed" because anything less would be a disservice to the designers of the movie costume.

Yeah....I thought it was the actual costume because the figure doesn't seem to have reflective metal where the vibranium would be

Back