1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing how much of a badass BP is in CW, I would totally jump on this release if HT included an unmasked HS. Oh well, I can wait for the next release.

I'm still surprised with how much of an impact they had BP have on the story. It's like they knew he'd be received so positively.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He's going to fight Ulysses Klaw in the solo film

He doesn't stroke me as main antagonist material, maybe there's something else..
I also thought his solo movie would be about his fathers murder by Claw, so I don't know how they'd set him up now.

I'm still surprised with how much of an impact they had BP have on the story. It's like they knew he'd be received so positively.

I'm just happy Marevel respects their property. Black Panther Is a big deal in the comics (ad well as being the first black superhero) so it's important they get him right

I was thinking the same to get a "definitive version" with the cape and collar and gold trim but it will be a LONG while til that happens probably like 2019 since the movie I believe is released 2018 lol. So I may have this version until then.

That's what I'm doing for sure! They'll also perfect the suit by then (to my taste) I think

They could have Klaw be the smart behind the scenes threat (the threat to the vibranium and Wakanda) and someone like Man-Ape or Kill monger (the threat to T'Challa's throne) be his hired gun or someone he collaborates with.

After watching the movies for the second time. No way I'm passing on this guy. BP was soooo badass! Can't wait for this figure! :rock

S.H figure arts released the Black Panther pics.. I think it looks better than the HotToys imo, the helmet looks more accurate, and he looks more ripped.

SH-Figuarts-Black-Panther-003.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Black-Panther-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Black-Panther-001.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting him this time around...mostly budget reasons, but also was hoping for a version with more accessories like cape and spear. A headscuplt isn't a big deal for me since I have yet to use one vs a masked version on any characters.

I have to find a way to squeeze him now, not sure how though, this year has been expensive, and lots on pre-order already.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectibl...

Lol. Is that a joke? It looks like a 3 3/4 figure!

In terms of proportion and sculpting I think it really does. The same way the Mafex Wonderwoman figure looks much better than the HotToys

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectibl...

In terms of proportion and sculpting I think it really does. The same way the Mafex Wonderwoman figure looks much better than the HotToys

The hot toys figures helmet is a print based on the 3D file used to make the actual cowl for the film...so sorry but the mafex isn't even close to as accurate. And proportion wise..it's not even human so again, not nearly as close. The shine is the only thing wrong with the hot toys...the mafex doesn't even have texture to the whole suit, let alone correct texture.

Even if you discount the joints and how that makes it look nothing like a person...the actor playing BP(thus BP himself) is not near that large. He's toned but not huge. He would have to have T2 arnie arms to match that figure. Does he look like that from the sleepless pic below?

image.jpeg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS363 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Panther Collectibl...

The hot toys figures helmet is a print based on the 3D file used to make the actual cowl for the film...so sorry but the mafex isn't even close to as accurate. And proportion wise..it's not even human so again, not nearly as close. The shine is the only thing wrong with the hot toys...the mafex doesn't even have texture to the whole suit, let alone correct texture.

No offense, but if you're going to criticize something, make sure that you actually know what you're talking about first. :slap

No offense, but if you're going to criticize something, make sure that you actually know what you're talking about first. :slap

My bad shf. The last thing I read said mafex. I just used that. it doesn't change the photo though does it? Do typing those few letters shrink the arms, hide the joints, add texture to the suit? No. So I still knew what I was talking about.

My bad shf. The last thing I read said mafex. I just used that. it doesn't change the photo though does it? Do typing those few letters shrink the arms, hide the joints, add texture to the suit? No. So I still knew what I was talking about.

Uh just thought I'd point it out? Mafex and SHF are competitors, with varying degrees in level of accuracy and general approach to their sculpts. I mean for someone who's such a huge stickler in getting all the little details right, you sure missed one hell of a detail there.

Also:
S.H figure arts released the Black Panther pics.. I think it looks better than the HotToys imo, the helmet looks more accurate, and he looks more ripped.

Anyway, I think the SHF's proportions work well for its smaller scale and given how Bandai tends to base their figures more on concept art, it's no surprise that it's not as accurate as can be. Admittedly, I do think the texturing on the HT figure could be a little more pronounced since it really stood out in the film.

Even if you discount the joints and how that makes it look nothing like a person...the actor playing BP(thus BP himself) is not near that large. He's toned but not huge. He would have to have T2 arnie arms to match that figure. Does he look like that from the sleepless pic below?

View attachment 263628

No. Hot toys sculpts are always hand sculpted. The SH figure arts may be 3d printed through, I mean look at it, it's much more film accurate in the look.

My problem with the HotToys suit is it looks like nice pyjamas than a super suit, but that's due to the lack of muscle definition, which in fixing it would obliterate the articulation.

And the figures build.. I just like the look, but for the HT that isn't my concern.

I don't really see the smaller, finer detail in the mask on the figureart. Maybe I'm just not able to see it in the pictures but it looks there is no details or marking and patterns on the dome and around it.

The mask is integral to me. If they can match what's on screen I'm happy.

Edit: I see the details a bit better after looking at other pictures but the helmet looks overly glossy. Need HD pics.

Back