1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

barely saw wolf pred in action in that movie yet i have him. :lol
i got most of the endos, aliens and preds...so i cant miss this one.

They gotcha by the balls eh?

Kinda looks like the endo skipped calf day on the work out routine LOL Chicken legs anyone?

They made the torso too large/wide. I honestly hate this redesign for the simple reason that if you talk to any concept artist or 3D modeller worth their salt, they'll tell you Cameron and the Winston crew's design from T1/T2 is probably the finest hard-surface mechanical design in the history of sci-fi. It's literally perfect.

I don't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea to change anything about it, frankly. Smacks of hubris and change for change's sake.

Plastic Bateman,

I like the new endoskeleton but it is not even in the same league as Stan Winston's designs. When I look at it in comparison it always disappoints because of the stark differences. Instead I look at it as a new model not a rehash of the T-800. Under those terms I like it.

They gotcha by the balls eh?

the only thing weaning me off is tsang and the wtf he's done with the predator line.
there's no predator SDCC release , not even another lost pred exclusive...sad, but with tsang behind...its a blessing.lolz

Plastic Bateman,

I like the new endoskeleton but it is not even in the same league as Stan Winston's designs. When I look at it in comparison it always disappoints because of the stark differences. Instead I look at it as a new model not a rehash of the T-800. Under those terms I like it.

That makes sense - but you're right, it's not on the same level as the original design at all.

Couldn't find a clearer copy without scanning my own book but here's some pages from The Winston Effect featuring Cameron's own drawings for the T-800 torso. On the making-of documentary for T2, I believe, some of the Winston crew talk about how Cameron was a better artist than anyone working there, designs they struggled with for hours he'd sketch and refine to perfection in a single pass in a matter of minutes. The guy is crazy talented.

WinstonEffect04.jpg

I like the new endoskeleton but it is not even in the same league as Stan Winston's designs.
it isn't winston's design and never was. winston is not a designer. repeat it 100 times and memorize it. and then teach every other noob that winston didn't desigh cameron's creatures.

it isn't winston's design and never was. winston is not a designer. repeat it 100 times and memorize it. and then teach every other noob that winston didn't desigh cameron's creatures.

That's not entirely true. The team at Stan Winston Studios (pretty small at the time) all worked on iterating Cameron's rough sketches and paintings of the T-800 through drawings, maquette sculptures, 1:1 busts, etc. However, Cameron undoubtedly contributed the most to the design, refining their work on the head and completely designing the torso, hips and spine himself.

That makes sense - but you're right, it's not on the same level as the original design at all.

Couldn't find a clearer copy without scanning my own book but here's some pages from The Winston Effect featuring Cameron's own drawings for the T-800 torso. On the making-of documentary for T2, I believe, some of the Winston crew talk about how Cameron was a better artist than anyone working there, designs they struggled with for hours he'd sketch and refine to perfection in a single pass in a matter of minutes. The guy is crazy talented.

That book will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

You're in luck, it's going quite cheap on Amazon at the moment. Amazing book. I've spent entire days leafing through it before now.

The Winston Effect: The Art & History of Stan Winston Studio: Jody Duncan, James Cameron: 9781845761509: Amazon.com: Books

I guess I'd have to get it used. It's not offered by Amazon because it's "item under review"...never a good sign. Thanks for the link though!

Take it ease there P. no need to ridicule. Besides you are arguing over who designed/made the T-1/T-2 endoskeleton. The question then is who really made something, the person who sketched the idea on paper or the person who actually built it into reality? Is one really more important than the other? Without the build it's just an idea, but without the idea it is never built. Cameron sketched the design and gave input on what the design should look like but in the end Winston and his team built it. Unless Cameron was there everyday overseeing the build and I don't think he was, he gave an idea to Winston and let Winston run with it. The final product I'm sure was tweaked to Cameron's liking.

I would love to see the original brought back.

WinstonEffect04.jpg

:exactly:

That's not entirely true.
that's entirely true:
a) Winston is not a designer (of anything interesting; technically he could be called that, but that's not what is important) and
b) endoskeleton in T1 was designed by Cameron.
Without the build it's just an idea, but without the idea it is never built.
point, say, 5 major points that differ T1 skeleton from T2 skeleton, or 100 points of HT built endoskeleton not fitting the human body shapes - unlike skeleton designed by Cameron, than talk about desighs.
that's about "being built".

Last edited:

I don't know how anyone is able to decipher P.'s posts. :lol

So is this still in the works or is it doomed for the cancellation heap now that the movie is bleeding screens by the hundreds this week and will probably be gone before long? Is interest waning for this one?

I don't know how anyone is able to decipher P.'s posts. :lol

I can just imagine what he's like in real life. He is probably the life of the party!

So is this still in the works or is it doomed for the cancellation heap now that the movie is bleeding screens by the hundreds this week and will probably be gone before long? Is interest waning for this one?

I'd say it will stick around for a few reasons. Internationally the movie is doing very well so off that premise alone I'm sure HT would stay on track with this. Two those of us that were hoping for a T1 endo will still get this as it's still a freaking endo and looks cool. Just not as good as the T1 endo. I don't see this turning into the Prometheus line LOL

Remember that time Hot Toys announced a retool of the Mk II AU into the Mk III and showcased a classic comic 'stealth colours' variant that was going to come with an 'Art of Hot Toys' hardback?

282513_188566427872022_138228759572456_536039_5917110_n.jpg

6407428399_9422931063_b.jpg

Because Hot Toys doesn't :monkey1

Back