1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling we'll eventually see an original endo in diecast.

This release reminds me of the initial Iron Man figures, all in plastic, then later upgraded to diecast and with better sculpting.

I may be wrong, though...

Watched the video. That's pretty impressive. Really happy with the way it came out. Really ticked that it's not a T1.

The articulation is actually way better than I expected. HT has definitely made progress in their R&D since their first Endos

I have to say, watching that Chinese video sold me on this. Sure, like everyone else, I would prefer a T1 version. Sure the sternum area isn't accurate to T1 (or T2), and sure, nobody seems to like the black on the butterfly joint area. But it's a pretty impressive piece, great engineering, and I'm sure it'll have presence on the shelf.
Also, this is not a license that HT seems to show much love. Obviously, they have Arnold's likeness rights, but there hasn't been any suggestion that HT will be making more Terminator figures. If this doesn't sell, I have a hard time believing they will make a T1 or T2 version. Especially considering how long it took for this one to come out.
I think I'll get it, because I don't think they will make another or better one. Maybe Enterbay? How hard would it be to add some silver paint to those black bits, I wonder?

There is a video already up of the unboxing and review on OSR but can find it on youtube to insert it here, looks every bit as good as the new pics being posted

*Edit

https://www.facebook.com/ToysTVhk/videos/332674830498942/

I wasn't fully convinced about this figure but that video and Jingobell pictures cleared up all my doubts. It's not a T1 or T2 but he looks fantastic. Articulation is way better than i expected. Preordered !

19679483_1219554838170208_1761191770359575555_o.jpg

19621153_1219555428170149_2896958710313153432_o.jpg

19250376_1219555131503512_4122979240152977169_o.jpg

Why there are those two BLACK cilinders as shoulders???!! Now that I saw them I can't unsee that BLACK!!
Why black and not the color as everything else?? Why ???!!

I think it looks great currently. What do people actually dislike about this figure?

People dislike it because he's not a classic Stan Winston's Endoskeleton. It's like a Classic Predator from Predators. IMO Genisys version has better body proportions than 1/4 scale version.

19620977_1219555474836811_8878368100086694747_o.jpg

Better proportions sure and I think overall a better execution... but it's just not the Endo that any die hard fans want. Teef are ****, but they're not horse teef at least.

Not horse teeth but still not perfect. My main concern is the lack of details. Every tooth should be sculpted individually. I will try to reshape them.

I did some visualisation in photoshop :

00111.jpg

Not horse teeth but still not perfect. My main concern is the lack of details. Every tooth should be sculpted individually. I will try to reshape them.

I did some visualisation in photoshop :

00111.jpg

Yeah, I was concerned about this, however it seems like it might be impossible to do at this scale. That being said, I feel like they definitely could have sculpted the solid piece they did use a lot better.

Looks tantalizing for what it is. I'm tempted to get one since I have no 1/6 Endo, but just like everybody else it's hard to get over that it's a different Endo. Plus I have an even number of Terminators in my collection- getting this will make it an odd number. :lol

Last edited:
Back