1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the sharing that info noahhine :)
Great to know that the suit can actually stand fairly long "extreme" poses without much damage, hope your replacement is all good

Its lighter red where it was stretched and is visibly wrinkly and not smooth. Looks like as if you weathered a red ballon and then stretched it out as to not see the black weathering anymore because it is so stretched and also feels thin and looks thin. The right knee is fine and flush to the suit.View attachment 317286
I have something similar on the chest. Do you think I should contact Sideshow?
14c724a38ab3a3254242808c868b2a2e.jpg
5236fec6f2c30cb6707914ff6ae68300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Thanks Bjjer. I'm not going to sweat it. Looks sort of like battle damage.

While I've noticed if you go too far too much on the knee it looks like the knee pad COULD give, I have had my Deadpool in VERY extreme poses day in and day out against what the instructions say to do, and haven't found any issues with the suit or figure. It's all basically common sense though. If you do something that they recommend against in the booklet, and something happens to the figure because of it, it's your fault, your problem, not Sideshow. I get it, it's nearly impossible to resist posing him over and over, I keep putting him in all these poses and I have never posed....? Let's just admit...PLAYED....with a 6th scale figure nearly as much as I have this one and I am aware of the possible limitations they recommend and I accept all responsibility if I do something to cause issue with the figure and/or suit.....but man, I don't even care at this point. I'm not selling it, my wife got it for me, I LOVE it and I'm going to get my money's worth and enjoy an amazing figure.

I think people need to just accept responsibility and be reasonable with these things. They're not like the action figures we buy at wal*mart or toys r us for $10 or even those $50 ones that we can do all sorts of insanity with like when we were kids, dropping G.I. Joe's out of trees with those parachutes that occasionally worked and the figure barely got a scratch. They're $200+ each and not meant to be played with and posed in extreme ways. That's why they put in those booklets with warnings. I completely understand if you get it, unbox one of these, and there's big issues. I hope that EVERYONE'S figures are perfect for them and they get all the joy in the world from them, but we all gotta be reasonable and responsible too, that's all I'm saying. :pfft:
Incidentally my review should be up this week. Just lagging behind due to classes. :)

J

The custom market just keeps getting better and better. [emoji7]

In the paraphrased words of Jay-Z: "If you didn't this head sculpt, I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but Wade ain't one, now hit me!" [emoji445][emoji445]
5d1b5a97909d253c450b076109f70fee.jpg
02ec565f1ad06a04cfa5570b00e45356.jpg
aac443add5d823b891ac17cb76e8dca8.jpg
c5a1f684547469367e055c0eb109e740.jpg

While I've noticed if you go too far too much on the knee it looks like the knee pad COULD give, I have had my Deadpool in VERY extreme poses day in and day out against what the instructions say to do, and haven't found any issues with the suit or figure. It's all basically common sense though. If you do something that they recommend against in the booklet, and something happens to the figure because of it, it's your fault, your problem, not Sideshow. I get it, it's nearly impossible to resist posing him over and over, I keep putting him in all these poses and I have never posed....? Let's just admit...PLAYED....with a 6th scale figure nearly as much as I have this one and I am aware of the possible limitations they recommend and I accept all responsibility if I do something to cause issue with the figure and/or suit.....but man, I don't even care at this point. I'm not selling it, my wife got it for me, I LOVE it and I'm going to get my money's worth and enjoy an amazing figure.

I think people need to just accept responsibility and be reasonable with these things. They're not like the action figures we buy at wal*mart or toys r us for $10 or even those $50 ones that we can do all sorts of insanity with like when we were kids, dropping G.I. Joe's out of trees with those parachutes that occasionally worked and the figure barely got a scratch. They're $200+ each and not meant to be played with and posed in extreme ways. That's why they put in those booklets with warnings. I completely understand if you get it, unbox one of these, and there's big issues. I hope that EVERYONE'S figures are perfect for them and they get all the joy in the world from them, but we all gotta be reasonable and responsible too, that's all I'm saying. :pfft:
Incidentally my review should be up this week. Just lagging behind due to classes. :)

J

Totally agree with your points.

Finally received Deadpool yesterday, and noticed something. One of his pouches is upside down. Meant to be this way or an assembling error? If so, can the belt be removed easy to fix it? Seems kinda fragile.

5a7cdd4e38e583e261477e2a5c55cc49.jpg

Finally received Deadpool yesterday, and noticed something. One of his pouches is upside down. Meant to be this way or an assembling error? If so, can the belt be removed easy to fix it? Seems kinda fragile.

5a7cdd4e38e583e261477e2a5c55cc49.jpg

If you know it's upside down, why would it be meant to be that way? :slap Yes, it's an assembly error. :rotfl
I have yet to see anyone remove pouches for repositioning or fixing an error like this. The only thing I've had happen with the pouches so far is one of them started to open up on one side, so I just did a small dab of glue for it to keep it closed. From what I see on the figure itself, the belt goes through a hoop in the back of the pouches to allow them to slide along the belt length. So your choices are to leave it alone, or try and disassemble it in some way to put it right-side-up. Personally, I'd leave it. Your call! Good luck either way! ;)

J

I had a pouch fall off right after opening my Deadpool. I just slid the pouch strap back behind his belt and walked away whistling casually.

Yeah sure, for that statue he has some upside down, but it's not meant to be that way for this particular figure is the point.
In the end, it's your $230+ figure....leave it if you want, try and fix it if you want. If it doesn't matter to you either way and you still love and enjoy the figure regardless, then it's no big deal. :)
All that matters is how you feel about it. :hi5:

J

Back