1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh JonD!!! I feel your pain! Literally. I was hit by a drunk driver in 2006, my back is wrecked from the base of my skull to the small of my back, a separated shoulder, my hip...the biggest problem is that I'm 6 foot 5, and if I was actually shorter and....stubbier, the slew of doctors all told me that I would actually be in little to no pain, but this is my life. I take about 7 medications a day to try and deal with it. So I feel you, man. You take care of yourself. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Then on top of it, the past 8 years my wife's been having health problems they can't explain, 9 surgeries and now her heart is having trouble and we're dealing with that. While we're in Canada and the health care is fantastic - my wife's got about 18 medications per day to take that we'd never be able to afford in the States, seeing as we're both just in our 40s, the waitlist for her to get things like an MRI on her heart we just got took some time, the MRI on her hip we've been waiting 2 years for now, surgeries on her shoulders, we're waiting on and not all medications and procedures she needs are covered, too, so we do what we can to try and deal. Physical pain is horrible and I'm so so sorry that you are suffering!!!! The time that I get to spend on here, collecting these things when I can, posting with you guys, even doing some reviews or whatever, it all helps believe it or not! Reconsider the cancel. It looks like an amazing figure that will bring a lot of joy to a collector. Worst case scenario, you can eBay it or return it, or sell it here. Someone will definitely snatch it up, regardless to if you've opened it once to check it out.

Hope you feel better soon, my friend. Stay strong, know you aren't alone!!!

J

I've been bedridden for two years, I have a bone disease, stomach problems and a hernia, which is a really bad combination... hopefully I can bounce back from it.

I hope you do as well. I'm sure we're all pulling for you.

Thanks fellas! I really appreciate it.

You and your wife will be in my prayers BH8957

Oh JonD!!! I feel your pain! Literally. I was hit by a drunk driver in 2006, my back is wrecked from the base of my skull to the small of my back, a separated shoulder, my hip...the biggest problem is that I'm 6 foot 5, and if I was actually shorter and....stubbier, the slew of doctors all told me that I would actually be in little to no pain, but this is my life. I take about 7 medications a day to try and deal with it. So I feel you, man. You take care of yourself. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Then on top of it, the past 8 years my wife's been having health problems they can't explain, 9 surgeries and now her heart is having trouble and we're dealing with that. While we're in Canada and the health care is fantastic - my wife's got about 18 medications per day to take that we'd never be able to afford in the States, seeing as we're both just in our 40s, the waitlist for her to get things like an MRI on her heart we just got took some time, the MRI on her hip we've been waiting 2 years for now, surgeries on her shoulders, we're waiting on and not all medications and procedures she needs are covered, too, so we do what we can to try and deal. Physical pain is horrible and I'm so so sorry that you are suffering!!!! The time that I get to spend on here, collecting these things when I can, posting with you guys, even doing some reviews or whatever, it all helps believe it or not! Reconsider the cancel. It looks like an amazing figure that will bring a lot of joy to a collector. Worst case scenario, you can eBay it or return it, or sell it here. Someone will definitely snatch it up, regardless to if you've opened it once to check it out.

Hope you feel better soon, my friend. Stay strong, know you aren't alone!!!

J

Damn...dude I'm sorry to hear what's happened to you and your wife as well. Man, stuff like this and jond7 really puts things into perspective. I know we're all regular people that experience troubles either mentally, physically, and financially...but as a collector, I sort of never really mix any of those things together. I just see everyone here as people that share the same hobby as I and never put any thought into the possibility that some here have similar issues I read on the news or my Facebook feed. Personally speaking, it's heartbreaking to read things like that.

However it's great you're keeping a positive attitude on things with you and your wife. Gotta stay strong man. Very admirable.

Thank you all so much for caring. Means a lot to us both! And as a fellow kid from Brooklyn....AY YO! ;) GAWD being in Canada on the West Coast is so different than Brooklyn and Staten Island, lemme tell you!

We all have our things we deal with. And to everyone their problems are the biggest on the planet and that's not wrong, that's because it really is the biggest thing to them. And the time here, talking about this stuff, sharing collections or things like mods or making dioramas or little things that seem to meaningless end up meaning the world at that right moment. You know how many times I feel like absolute garbage, then I come here, read some discussions, see some fantastic photos (LOVE the photos!) or custom things, and it feels like taking a deep, deep breath, holding it, closing your eyes and letting it all go. Thank you guys for the well wishes and prayers, I do the same for every one of you that comes here that everything is golden for you all whether you post about what you're dealing with or not. Just keep posting, keep venting, keep taking pictures or video, doing mods, custom jobs, whatever you do, because just by sharing the great things you do or opinions you have, you're making people that might be dealing with total insanity feel flat out normal for a few minutes. This sixth scale stuff is a real escape, believe me.

I can't WAIT til these figures start arriving in our hands and you all start posting pic after pic after pic. All this wrist stuff will fall by the wayside and we're gunna all have a great time because this is one of those characters and figures that's going to lend itself to probably the most varied and entertaining photos and setups I think ever for a Hot Toys release. I really believe that!!
And thanks again. You all are really great people and I really enjoy my time here because of all of you. Now back to big rubber masterbating shoes....OH HEY! SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO A RUN OF 6TH SCALE BLUE CROCS AND STUFFED UNICORNS!!!!!
I do professional & charitable costuming....maybe I can make a set, do a mold, and do a few runs? Would this be something people would be interested in? Never know, right? ;) o_O

J

The feels in here all of a sudden. I've been a part of only one other site that's had a feeling of community. Some great friends coming from it too. Seeing that here warms the heart. So best wishes and strongest prayers to you all. Things will definitely get better. :wink1:

Deadpool-heart-hands-thumb.jpg

2 years to get an MRI, thats disturbing.i guess privatized medical care has some advantages.

2 years to get an MRI, thats disturbing.i guess privatized medical care has some advantages.
Yes it does. I had to get an MRI two weeks ago on short notice and it took one day. I'm in Ireland though and go to a private hospital so I don't know why that took two years, that's ridiculous :ohbfrank:

Yes it does. I had to get an MRI two weeks ago on short notice and it took one day. I'm in Ireland though and go to a private hospital so I don't know why that took two years, that's ridiculous :ohbfrank:

I'm going to assume he's in the states. Health care here is an absolute joke.

I'm going to assume he's in the states. Health care here is an absolute joke.

Guy is in Canada, im in Cali and have pretty good health care, PPO. I can get an MRI whenever I need one. One of the bad things oabout US health care, it gets worse the less money one has.

Yeah, it's rare to find a community where even if we have disagreements on the topics, we're still cool to each other and respectful. This is increasingly rare now-a-days, with people hiding behind the screen, big 'ol keyboard warriors.

That's the thing, the healthcare out here in Canada IS fantastic, but it basically goes by emergency and immediate need. My wife can still sort of walk with a walker/wheelchair we were able to purchase because of the generous people in our GoFundMe Campaign, so she has to wait because there are a lot of others that need immediate attention and not that many places to get the MRI. Just a huge backup and unfortunately people more worse off. High pop of older people here, plus they want her to wait as long as possible for a hip replacement and then need multiples because she's so young. Now if we had the money in hand, yeah I could go get the MRI anytime I want, but we don't...yet. I'm selling my 1998 Corvette so I can get her the other things she needs immediately!
But to be 100% honest, if it wasn't for the healthcare out here, we'd never be able to get all of the medications we both need, plus the 9 surgeries she's had over the last 8 years wouldn't have happened either. Having being born and raised in New York, and living here since 2006, there are benefits to both places,but I just love it so much more out here. Even the way college and university works is different! In NY, you get your student loan, but it only pays for your tuition and school-focused things. Out here, you get money for University, you get money for costs of living and that's based on your needs too. It's amazing, really. I'm able to follow my dreams of working in the film industry and pursuing an education in that field while still taking care of my family. Which in Vancouver, the film industry is booming! They filmed Deadpool out here! 45 minutes drive away! We could literally watch them film across the highway. Just didn't think I could get close enough but the newspapers went insane with photos and interviews. They film The Flash out here, too. So there's a lot of benefits to being out here, but there's some rough parts too. We have her MRI on her hips this December, they did get moving pretty fast on getting her in for tests on her heart and MRI on her heart - just 3 or 4 weeks wait. I wish they'd work faster, get her in faster, but hopefully I'll get my Corvette sold and get her what she needs ASAP.

Thanks again, everyone, for being such a great group of people. I love all of the pictures you all post, I love the mods, the dioramas, all the thing you guys do to add to an already fun hobby. I even signed up immediately to that Whisky website ever since I saw them 6th scale Santa Hats one of you posted here! lol
I'm still working on a couple dioramas for my 6th scales too. I'm hoping to have bigger progress over the Christmas break. I'm working on the church scene from AOU and hoping to be able to get some "generic bad guy" 6th scales on some of these websites so my guys have someone to beat up! As it stands, I think the only fight that'll break out is The Hulk or Hawkeye taking on Deadpool after he shoves his face into Black Widow's cleavage.... o_O

J

Yeah, it's rare to find a community where even if we have disagreements on the topics, we're still cool to each other and respectful. This is increasingly rare now-a-days, with people hiding behind the screen, big 'ol keyboard warriors.

Thanks again, everyone, for being such a great group of people. I love all of the pictures you all post, I love the mods, the dioramas, all the thing you guys do to add to an already fun hobby. I even signed up immediately to that Whisky website ever since I saw them 6th scale Santa Hats one of you posted here! lol
I'm still working on a couple dioramas for my 6th scales too. I'm hoping to have bigger progress over the Christmas break. I'm working on the church scene from AOU and hoping to be able to get some "generic bad guy" 6th scales on some of these websites so my guys have someone to beat up! As it stands, I think the only fight that'll break out is The Hulk or Hawkeye taking on Deadpool after he shoves his face into Black Widow's cleavage.... o_O

J
That's because most of those people avoid the Marvel section :lol

About that fight, I think Black Widow would end him herself :lol
I like the photos and dioramas coming out too. Personally I'm waiting for a 1/6 She Hulk :lol I have two poses in mind...
981b60b9675b7dabad278117c0f0e971fa6c6f04b468783e3c74e6203fecc4d2_1.jpg

Quick question- from experience, does it take longer to ship a figure when you pay via monthly payment plans vs. paying regularly in one shot?
Asking cause budget is kinda tight and I wanna pay for this guy and the new Mark 1 WM in installments

Quick question- from experience, does it take longer to ship a figure when you pay via monthly payment plans vs. paying regularly in one shot?
Asking cause budget is kinda tight and I wanna pay for this guy and the new Mark 1 WM in installments

The figure will ship when your last payment goes through.

A quick question for those who have theirs and have modified theirs, or just peaked out of curiosity...what Hot Toys body style is underneath?

Back