1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably the only one who likes the look of the wrist damage :lol, I don't know why maybe cause of the battle damage effect. The wrist isn't really the issue, its the entire suits long term durability that is the main concern.

I'm not doing anything to the figure beyond considering popping off the black ball joint, making sure the suit is tucked behind it and glued down, and other than that, just being careful.
You all can do whatever you want to your figure, it's your money. But I feel it's completely irresponsible for anyone to tell anyone else to do any of these methods to their figures. Doing any of these methods, to me, is just a very bad idea and worse than the possibility of maybe having some damage. Gluing the ball joint will prevent it from bending at the wrist. Sure, it'll rotate, but bend? Not if there's glue on the joint. Coating the suit in something, in every video, has shown some of the colour come off of the suit's fabric, even minutely. And that, even slightly, is worse to me. It's just degrading the suit more than helping it, to me. I just don't see any reason to do anything to it if there's nothing wrong with it. And if something happens, then maybe consider options to deal with it or just contact wherever you got it for a return or exchange. But going any of this stuff right out of the box before seeing an issue or before any issue may even arise, to me, is just a bad move. And if something ends up happening, how can anyone expect any help from wherever you got it from for an exchange if you glued it or coated it in something and THEN it's messed up?

Like I said, you guys can all do what you like, it's your figures, your money, but I'm waiting to see what happens which I personally feel is the best course of action at this point.

Good luck, everyone! :)

J

Has anyone done just the spoon/stretch without glue yet?
LOL! I immediately thought of The Tick, when reading your post.
d3940c30212c5f229f98e237c3c00b71.jpg

But seriously, I may just try stretching the gloves with a spoon.

Keep randomly checking BBTS people do occasionally cancel their order.

Yeah, especially with the fear of the wrists. Seems like there are a couple available there every couple days.

I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to snag one somewhere.

This morning, I managed to get him preordered from Big Bad Toy Store! I just kept periodically checking their site and refreshing the page throughout the weekend. Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys!

Sent from the Bat Cave

This morning, I managed to get him preordered from Big Bad Toy Store! I just kept periodically checking their site and refreshing the page throughout the weekend. Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys!

Sent from the Bat Cave

Just make sure to love him and pet him and tell him he's pretty when he finally arrives.

Sooooo I'm late to the party on this thread. Is anyone talking about the giant, uneven gouge above his nose? The wrist thing is fixable, but the notch out of his noggin' isn't. I just can't ignore it. Factory defect? Will it be fixed for the US release? Not sure I want to keep mine now and I may wait for my waitlist to convert or buy used. This is really why I don't buy first run batches.

Sooooo I'm late to the party on this thread. Is anyone talking about the giant, uneven gouge above his nose? The wrist thing is fixable, but the notch out of his noggin' isn't. I just can't ignore it. Factory defect? Will it be fixed for the US release? Not sure I want to keep mine now and I may wait for my waitlist to convert or buy used. This is really why I don't buy first run batches.

Not sure what your talking about, can you post a pic or something? Don't recall anyone else bringing that up.

If you're referring to the little line directly between the eyes, that's part of the costume. You can see it in close ups during the movie.

If you're referring to the little line directly between the eyes, that's part of the costume. You can see it in close ups during the movie.

I'm going to just say what I thought from the original comment. He is making fun of everyone complaining about the suit and the flaw. My city hunter had his disk holder broken in arrival. Called sideshow was told he was sold out and offered me 30.00 to glue it myself as a refund. Maybe I'm getting a bit off base but people were complaining about the suit texture not right when it was to fabric now it's to pleathery and the suit requires a mod. I'm only sorry for the early people that had to figure this out the hard way. I'll wait and see what the best fix is but there is no way I'm passing up a chance at this deadpool when the only one that beats it TONY will not sell to me... Sorry that's just my opinion. I'm taking deadpool with all his defects because I could never produce something like this myself so thanks hot toys!

Really? I don't see it in the movie stills. It looks uneven to me, like it shouldn't be there. I was told it was a defect on the first run by multiple people.

FVniFQ6.gif

You can see the line between his eyes above his nose vaguely in this closeup gif from the movie. The line is definitely movie accurate. I feel as though a lot of this fear mongering is from people who don't have a figure on p/o trying to scare others off of wait lists or even p/o's, whatever not gonna work on me. Hold strong don't cancel, this figures gonna easily double in value based on the supply and the demand regardless of wrist issues.

I feel as though a lot of this fear mongering is from people who don't have a figure on p/o trying to scare others off of wait lists or even p/o's, whatever not gonna work on me.

You're thinking way too hard over a plastic toy...

Back