1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try not to get into this type of discussion but I really remember everyone saying the amazing Spider-Man 2 would fall apart as well as the dark knight and the man of steel one too and they are still fine. The wrist problem is bad but just about everyone on this forum modifies their figure anyway so think of the fix as your mod the figure and let everyone just get along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda BS to lose a deposit to sideshow if this figure remains "defective" and one decides to cancel. Is there a way around it?

just make some custom stumps so it looks like he lost both hands when the snake eyes in your display or raiden or anyone with a sword cut them off.

If he develops a tear in the butt then just put some scorch marks and call it the bullet in the @$$hole mod. :rotfl

I will do the epoxy mod right off the bat if he does not arrive already fixed (unlikely).

I don't feel comfortable dropping accessories into water but I should be okay dremeling out the hand so they don't have any rough spots inside them.

I can't wait to start posing this figure but I can be patient only because it gives me some time to see if any other issues occur.

Kinda BS to lose a deposit to sideshow if this figure remains "defective" and one decides to cancel. Is there a way around it?

Contact them and see what they say. They may be willing to give the deposit back. Personally, I think the wrist issue is getting blown out of proportion though. I guess time will tell.

Contact them and see what they say. They may be willing to give the deposit back. Personally, I think the wrist issue is getting blown out of proportion though. I guess time will tell.

I just contacted them and asked what they can do for me. As for my preorder,I'm definitely out. Hopefully that will help someone on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my preorder through BBTS so Ill get to see the SS folks get their figure first and how they turn out. If it's widespread Ill cancel and wait for Deadpool 2.

I wonder if this version had the same problems..

ryan-reynolds-deadpool-figure-hot-toys.jpg

I have my preorder through BBTS so Ill get to see the SS folks get their figure first and how they turn out. If it's widespread Ill cancel and wait for Deadpool 2.

Got mine at bbts as well. Glad I didn't get this at SS with the NRD. Hope folks that order from SS get their refund if decide to cancel.

How were you able to do that when it's been listed as sold out for the past few days?

I take their sold out signs with a grain of salt. I've lost count of the times I've checked an item and it reads sold out only to check a few hours later or even a day and it's gone back into stock.

How were you able to do that when it's been listed as sold out for the past few days?

I kept refreshing for 5 minutes straight ( I was planning to do it for 10 min lol) and it said pre order now after a few tries. I also got the last one since it was sold out again after I put in my order, since people aren't happy with the wrist situation I figured people may cancel.

If someone cancels it will show back in stock within a few minutes. With all the talk of the hands on here it has gone from instock to sold out a few times over the last couple days.

I love how people are saying "how do you know the entire suit won't deteriorate" when the exact same question can be asked about just assuming it WILL.
It's pretty simple.....if it's such a big deal before you even get the figure in-hand, then cancel so someone that actually really wants the figure regardless to what may or may NOT happen gets it. This is not a slam or an insult. It's a fact. Some people - like me, for example - want the figure regardless for the potential to have issues.
Does the potential for issue suck? Yep. But no figure is without issue to some degree. And yeah I know people love to pose it! I do too. I change poses every few days when I first get a new Hot Toys 6th scale, but then I decide on a pose I want to keep it in, and usually leave it that way and change it every month or 2.....but let's also remember one small detail.....this isn't a toy. Yes, you can pose it, yes it's got all the features that toys have, but these are several hundred dollar items that aren't meant to be played with. Posed, yep, played with, nope. There's a fine line between that, too.

And I get it that so far some people have shown that the rubbing of the hand at the wrist cuff is a potential culprit and the work-arounds so far don't seem ideal, but on the same token, when people actually get their Sideshow Shipped figures in-hand, we'll know more. We'll know if the rumours of a fix on HT/SS end are true, we'll know what extent the issue actually is instead of just assuming it's wide-spread just because a small handful of reviewers got them from Hong Kong early, and we'll know what can actually be done about it if it's a massive issue.

In the end, like I said, if it's such a huge deal before you even have it, then cancel it. Going on about it reminds me of people that play online games posting "I quit" threads. If you're out, then be out. Nobody really cares if you are. They know there's an issue, not much else needs to be said at this point. People need to hear from people that actually have it to see where we're at, not from a bunch of people that don't. Hot Toys nor Sideshow will come here and be sad if you cancel. Plenty of people are eagerly waiting to take your place.
Just my 2cents.

J

Yeah.. But some people want a figure that isn't going to fall apart. It doesn't mean they don't want it, it just means they'd like some better information prior to going through with the purchase. It seems totally reasonable to me.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be getting it regardless, but that doesn't mean I don't want to know what I'm getting into and being able to be prepared for it.

... And sometimes, if you're a Euro guy, you don't have much of a choice but go with scalpers. Mine is on the way so I'm ****ed. I don't want to keep it anymore and there's no way, with that issue, that I can make my money back...:(

I honestly prefer this first proto since the upper torso looks buffer and the material of the suit looks sturdy, not to mention the beautifully weathered leather pouches. My guess is that this suit hindered a bit of the articulation and that's why they changed the material. I still can't wait to get it tho. :)

nms.jpg

I honestly prefer this first proto since the upper torso looks buffer and the material of the suit looks sturdy, not to mention the beautifully weathered leather pouches. My guess is that this suit hindered a bit of the articulation and that's why they changed the material. I still can't wait to get it tho. :)

View attachment 290151
But the pre order pics looked pretty good in articulation.

Yes, but there was a lot of creases in several areas when they posed the prototype.

Back