1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's plenty clear this figure has an issue/limitations. At this point it's up to you to decide if you want this figure badly enough to live with them. Personally I think that I am out.

Every figure has its limitations. Some more fragile than others. To me the fragility of the suit is no different than the paint on neck of some figures. Just have to be careful when posing.

The only problem I have with this one is it has been sitting in the void that is Chicago's Post Office customs since the 31st with no movement.

I'd say the suit will be in trouble within 12 months if people start reposing or leave in poses with bended knee/elbows.

Chill pill solution: Don't turn those wrists and don't use the multiple hands to limit fraying. :slap Turn figure to a statue.

Shartimus said the "US batch" would be fixed by Hot Toys?

Doubt it. But I wonder where he heard that from

Chill pill solution: Don't turn those wrists and don't use the multiple hands to limit fraying. :slap Turn figure to a statue.

Sounds like a pathetic solution for a flawed figure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, don't buy it or sell it if ya have it. Your problem will be solved then. HT is not going to fix the issue since it has already been released. All the complaints about it are not going to change it.

Well, don't buy it or sell it if ya have it. Your problem will be solved then. HT is not going to fix the issue since it has already been released. All the complaints about it are not going to change it.
I really wish they did. They fixed the Mk42 issue during release.

Let's just see what happens. It's a popular figure so I'm sure they'll realize all the complaints being raised.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got my Marvel HT figs together, not got as many as most collectors but Deads seems to fit in. Get some Epoxy on those damn wrists!

DSCF0159_zpsmqyh2i11.jpg

DSCF0160_zpszybtgvji.jpg

God people are really freaking out over this. I really don't think it's that big an issue. People have already found solutions for fixing it. :dunno
As for the suit deteriorating if you leave it in an extreme position for months... Yeah it probably would. You aren't supposed to leave it in extreme positions for long periods of time. It says it in the instructions. Just be careful with the figure and follow the instructions and you'll be fine. Calm down people.

Congrats mate, will look sweet in your collection :hi5:. I seen the prices come down a bit on eBay for the fig in the last week, predictable I guess.

Thanks mate :) yeah I've been watching eBay like a hawk! Finally got one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budget coming through with some chill pills:

I really hope you aren't a doctor.

"I'm sorry sir but you have genital herpes. I have some good news though. If you never sex with another person again, your risk of transmission is practically zero."

Unless you rub and scratch at other parts of the suit they won't deteriorate. Simple as that.

But how do you know that though? I mean the replacement the guy got in the video direct from secret base was already starting to peel. The more in hand stuff we seem to see seems to point to this being one of those figure that even if you pose him in the most basic standing pose ever, after time the suit will fall apart if you so much as fart in the same room as it.

there has been no photos showing the suit deteriorate other than the wrists where there is a lot of contact and friction.

I'll fart on my deadpool and test it out though.

Yeah, I haven't read/seen evidence of what the fix is. He said that in his review, but made it seem as if his wasn't a US released version. It was just a brief mention but I really doubt they would have a fix this late in the game. But fingers crossed.

His isn't the US release. He got it from Hong Kong as evident by the reflective sticker on the back of the package.

Personally I only buy 4-6 figures a year. Only things that I really want. This year it was Ant man, Ultron, Batman, WM 1 and Deadpool. I have different expectations for each. For Deadpool, based on the character and how HT advertised it, I expected to do extreme poses and then repose it as I please. If I have to worry about a known problem (wrists) and possible problems (suit in general), then I will not be getting this figure. I refuse to have to do a mod out of the $250 box to fix what is a big problem to Me. Now, I am not "freaking out". I will simply wait and see what happens in month wait before Sideshow gets it. Then I will make a decision. If the "problems" I perceive are addressed, then I'll buy it. Otherwise, I will most likely cancel.

Back