1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the deal with the cosbabies anyways? I've checked eBay and they have all of them on there but I haven't seen pre-orders through sideshow or even BBTS.

Not sure, I have never bought any cosbabies figs, not really my thing. I see timcent had some new cosbabies for sale last week, I think they all sold out on his eBay.

What's the deal with the cosbabies anyways? I've checked eBay and they have all of them on there but I haven't seen pre-orders through sideshow or even BBTS.
I wish I knew. I remember seeing the deadpool ones at AmiAmi at some point but they're gone now. The Civil War ones are similar. Ebay has them, same as Amazon Japan but other than that they're pretty hard to come by. :/

I think I might just have to say screw it and get them off eBay. Or at least the first one. Toys2 had the single figure on PO but now has it listed as sold out. They do have the 3 pack. I don't really want to wait around hoping that sideshow will get them only to find out they are some weird anomaly that they don't end up getting.

I'm not a fan of cosbabies in general but I love anything deadpool and these ones look pretty cool.

Yeah I don't have any interest in the cosbabies and those artist mix figures, they seem like a waste of HT's talent. Deadpool actually fits the style though, Spidey too.

It's a licensing issue. Due to funko and a couple other places hot toys can't sell to some areas with some products. The cosbaby line is not licensed in North America

It's a licensing issue. Due to funko and a couple other places hot toys can't sell to some areas with some products. The cosbaby line is not licensed in North America

But SSC does have some of them? If you do a search you get some from AOU. Was it a recent change?

It's a movie by movie type thing. There's not a wide ranging license for them like there is for 1/6 or 1/3. It's some weird per film basis

There's a bunch of other factors as well. How sales do in a region of other products, time from license acquisition. It's very odd.

(Meaning if certain sales numbers are meet that other product is opened up..and if no competing product from a license is out in X length of time then imports are allowed on even if there is a competing licensed company)

It's a movie by movie type thing. There's not a wide ranging license for them like there is for 1/6 or 1/3. It's some weird per film basis
Funny how for the longest time now I've been wondering why I couldn't just buy the CW cosbabies at all the regular shops even though the AoU were available and when I saw that you posted a comment here I immediately went ":yess: Finally an answer!" XD haha

It's kinda sad though, imo. I mean, I ordered my CW Cap and WS cosbabies from Ebay a few days back now coz I didn't wanna pay extra for a forwarding service to get them from Amazon Japan (where they're available as August preorder). So I'm good. But I'm kinda shocked how the Deadpool ones seem to be gone from most japanese sites too now ... I'm pretty sure I saw them up for preorder there.

Yeah the way toys are sold and imported is crazy confusing. I've been dealing with it most my life and I still don't understand a lot of it.

Anyway...

With deadpool I think the success of the film took everyone by surprise. Including manufacturing companies and resellers. It's entirely possible they didn't make as many and then places didn't order that many from suppliers. Which ones are you looking for. I may be able to pick them up from secret base this week for you

Huzzah! Contacted toys2 and they found 1 of the cosbabies laying around so I snagged it. Now I just need to wait for the 3 pack and to snag the gesturing one off ebay.

My thought was that sales were poor on these guys for Sideshow so they stopped carrying the line. When you can go and spend 10 or less on something very similar (I.e. a Funko pop) and then turn around and Hot Toys wants close to 30 for a bobblehead, it's hard to justify. At least in my case. But I still picked mine up from eBay because i have a Deadpool addiction. Just my .02

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Back