1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across this photo, I don't know what the nature of it is, if it's legit or a PS, if it's an updated proto or the same one we've seen before.

The material on the head looks different from the rest of the suit, I much prefer the material we've seen earlier. Then again, it could be lighting playing tricks on me. :dunno
569ee3c081163ba556a6013c3f93970f.jpg

This may have already been answered, but I'm fairly certain this is a custom. I've been seeing pictures on Instagram past week and they are of someone making customs movie Deadpool using a more fabric/cloth material. It's more bright red and very clean looking. One on the best customs I've seen to date, some serious love has went into this.

This may have already been answered, but I'm fairly certain this is a custom. I've been seeing pictures on Instagram past week and they are of someone making customs movie Deadpool using a more fabric/cloth material. It's more bright red and very clean looking. One on the best customs I've seen to date, some serious love has went into this.

Yeah shoulder pads are different then HT

100 percent its HT. Everything is exactly the same except for colouring which could be due to camera. Even the smudges/weathering on the stomach are the same.

its mos def HT no question for me. Im going back and forth checking this to HT pics with the grooves of the pads and sculpt and fabric and its the exact same.

100 percent its HT. Everything is exactly the same except for colouring which could be due to camera. Even the smudges/weathering on the stomach are the same.

its mos def HT no question for me. Im going back and forth checking this to HT pics with the grooves of the pads and sculpt and fabric and its the exact same.

It's not the one they used for the promo pics. The suit material isn't the same. It's close but not the same. The shoulder pads are different(more ornate on the not hot toy version) the chest buckle is different. The stitching on the shoulders is different. I'd need another angle but I think the eyes are a wee bit different. And you can't see under the arms so it's hard to tell the rest. But it's 100% not the same. They are trying very hard though.

And the color is not off because of the light this time, it's the material. The hot toys suit has a sheen that the other does not. It's hard to tell for sure but if you compare you can't see the difference.

image.jpeg

Here's the deal: 20 pics of the figure everyone loves, and one pic everyone is freaking over.

Go with the 20 until proven otherwise.

It's not the one they used for the promo pics. The suit material isn't the same. It's close but not the same. The shoulder pads are different(more ornate on the not hot toy version) the chest buckle is different. The stitching on the shoulders is different. I'd need another angle but I think the eyes are a wee bit different. And you can't see under the arms so it's hard to tell the rest. But it's 100% not the same. They are trying very hard though.

And the color is not off because of the light this time, it's the material. The hot toys suit has a sheen that the other does not. It's hard to tell for sure but if you compare you can't see the difference.

I don't mean to take a stab or anything, just a continuation of assessment really.
From what I see from different angle shots from the HT pics, the shoulder pads are shaped the same, this angle shown below (Middle Pic) is pretty much the same pose and shoulder pads look the same. The Pec buckles also are the same to me. the only reason why you don't see the extra little silver bit is because the sword handle is blocking the shot (on 1st photo). the eyes from a different angle (3rd pic) we can see it still has that little tweek to it. You're right about the stitching but then looking at the costume more closely, on the abs, the marks are exactly the same, there's a smudge and to little spots (in a triangle formation). One spot is kinda white (arrow) and both are present on both pics. Also the smudge on the elbows looks the same too. So from this I sticking with lighting and camera quality playing the part of not seeing the deeper stitching. Its there -- but its just highlighted with lighting so it doesn't look so profound.

Instead of giving us HQ updated pics, they make us do this...why oh why....

dpcom11.jpg

I can never tell if you're being serious or satirical with your squiggle lines.

It's a little of both. Lol I hate having to "prove" everything with a stupid picture or long speech(it's part of why when I do I go over board to make it extra ridiculous) but my point was serious. There are differences.

It doesn't help that I have large hands and draw on the screen of little iPhone with my fingers so I have a bit of fun with it...

The fact that someone used the shoulder pads as "proof" of them being the same gave me a chuckle. It's actually proof they are not the same. The indented line on the top is different and even clearer the shape is different. Where I circled you can see the hot toys one has a smooth single bend and the other one has a more stylized cut.

Edit-I see what they saw and why they did it that way. The shoulder pads bend and flex and in the hot toys pic they are creased...which is what someone used as a guide without knowing they don't have that bend in the design it's caused by the (it appears there but it's not there) bend and angle and camera and maybe some ps cleanup. They have a lot of flex if you look at the left arm..

But the other person thought it was a design element. It's not.

image.jpg

Last edited:
They don't have to be...but your correct. It was the bend. Which is why that other one doesn't match. It's a design of the pad and the pad isn't designed like that. They made the same mistake.

(I edited my post before I saw your reply)
Lol i saw so i edited my post to.... edit

That works. Lol

The more I look at the center pic the more I'm convinced it's a lot of Photoshop. The shoulder pad liner part is blended with that cross chest thing. Lol

They may have damaged the pads during the shoot...creased them maybe.

Yeh looks as though on this shoot that his left shoulder pad is compleeetely removed/detached (just under his right trigger finger)... is that what that is...? If so what the heck???

886886_10153245724642344_4509210183173794197_o.jpg

It's there, just not securely attatched. It was a prototype and an early one at that. They rushed to get it ready I've heard (for toy soul reveal) and it's not uncommon for protos to be held together with tape and blue tac. Sounds odd I know, but it's true. Lol

It's a little of both. Lol I hate having to "prove" everything with a stupid picture or long speech(it's part of why when I do I go over board to make it extra ridiculous) but my point was serious. There are differences.

It doesn't help that I have large hands and draw on the screen of little iPhone with my fingers so I have a bit of fun with it...

you know what they say about big hands lol

LumaPictures_deadpool_8.jpg

Back